• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

It’s insane how these people have become transfixed by this man who is so clearly, and insincerely, pandering to them. I suppose there is a legitimate quid pro quo with Trump confirming the most conservative judges possible, but there is a real cult of personality there that just doesn’t make any goddamn sense.
That’s the thing. The man spends all his time at high rises or golf clubs, dressed in suits, riding in limos. He has nothing in common with them and surely despises having to go to fucking 4H centers in Iowa and South Carolina. Has he ever drive a pickup or drank a Busch Lite? Fuck no. He’s stated how he wants to hold rallies in places like MSG where you know he’s more comfortable and hates how his people – New Yorkers – want nothing to do with him.

The cult of personality makes sense when you understand that pastors, businessmen, and politicians have been conning these people for generations.

I mean everything in life is about conning someone. Getting someone to pay for something more than what it costs you to make it. Athletes and sports leagues and entertainers getting your dollars somehow, whether its through sporting events, TV advertising dollars or their spotify cut. I wish I figured that out better 25 years ago. Me convincing someone my accounting advice is worth 6 figures, you convincing students or parents your teaching lessons are worth 6 figures, etc.

You're confusing conning with providing a skill, service, or product in a market economy.

You're confusing conning with providing a skill, service, or product in a market economy.

Yeah, but pretty much all my employees in the service economy can get a substantial raise simply by being willing to leave, so almost no one is being paid their actual worth. It’s all just based on what you’re willing to threaten/negotiate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of what we’re doing is more valuable than the person teaching 5th grade English and dealing with nightmare kids and parents, but we’re ultimately taking advantage of someone to get paid a lot more than those folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that plenty of employers are conning their employees.

This is hilarious. “There’s a lot of emotion in this room.”

I'll have hilariously bad political takes for $100, Alex. (Trump was roundly booed at this convention).

Those are seriously ugly shoes. Does he make anything in America? I also read there was a GoFundMe to pay legal fees…

Man she looks like shit. Can’t any of these folks find a decent plastic surgeon?

She’s 41 and she looks more like she’s 51 and had a lot of work done.

I haven't posted anything about Matt Taibbi in a while. This is the latest from that intrepid truth-seeker. lol
d0f8b6371de92fea29831867f20c48db.jpg

Last edited:
Back