• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biological male wins women’s cycling event

This is awesome news. If I can get back to my 2011-12 marathon pace I'll be only a 5 or so mins away from Boston!

This is one of those times when common sense has fallen by the wayside. If you have XX chromosomes, you race here, If you have XY you race here. Where you choose to pee is irrelevant.

FloJo ran a 10.49. Last place in Bolt's heat ran 10.34. How many more men could finish under 10.49 - dozens?

What are the Title IX implications? Would trans females winning events discourage women from competing and undercut the very intention of the law?

Hundreds, man, hundreds. Hell, dude at my high school ran 10.06.

Yes, trans athletes are very problematic for title ix. I think I've posted about it before. I think. Debate has also been particularly intense at women's colleges.

i am rather understanding of all people's personal issues. however, there are physiological differences in men and women that cannot be ignored. i think moving forward they will make some sort of limits to these types of situations. some people will always try to take advantage of situations, and that will be what they will need to try to get a grip on.

What surprised me was the comparison of the 100M WR for both men and women on the quora link I posted earlier:

FloJo ran a 10.49. Last place in Bolt's heat ran 10.34. How many more men could finish under 10.49 - dozens?

With or without all the PEDs she was taking ?

How trans activists are unethically influencing autistic children to change genders
To date, however, there is no evidence that there is such a thing as a “true” trans, just as there is no marker that would identify a “false” trans. To accept the thinking and wishes of those with ASD at face value, without understanding why they feel the way they do, is not a kindness, and may in fact be extremely damaging.

Susan Bradley is a consultant child psychiatrist, formerly chief of psychiatry at Hospital for Sick Children and head of child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of Toronto. She is an emeritus professor at U of T.
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/susan-bradley-how-trans-activists-are-unethically-influencing-autistic-children-to-change-genders

e1ca2731781d6de2ee086eb2d9ff164e.jpg

Here is the issue from the other direction: trans boy, taking testosterone, wins girls wrestling title in Texas
https://www.yahoo.com/news/transgender-boy-wins-controversial-girls-state-title-005123777.html

The family of Mack Beggs has said he would rather be wrestling boys, but state policy calls for students to wrestle against the gender listed on their birth certificates.

Beggs, who reached the state tournament after two opponents forfeited, was dogged throughout the tournament by questions about whether his testosterone treatments made him too strong to wrestle fairly against girls.

That parents would let their kids-- who aren't developed emotionally, mentally, or physically-- transition is beyond the pale. They should not be parents and their kids should be placed in foster care or under the care of a sane relative, if there is one. Any health care professional advocating for such transitions should have their license revoked. Any physician performing such surgeries should also have their license suspended. I would say revoked, but they're obviously getting permission from these lunatic parents to do such things.

That "boy" winning the girls title is just another example of how fucked up all this stuff is.

Based on what? What research or even personal experience with trans kids are you basing that on?

That parents would let their kids-- who aren't developed emotionally, mentally, or physically-- transition is beyond the pale. They should not be parents and their kids should be placed in foster care or under the care of a sane relative, if there is one. Any health care professional advocating for such transitions should have their license revoked. Any physician performing such surgeries should also have their license suspended. I would say revoked, but they're obviously getting permission from these lunatic parents to do such things.

That "boy" winning the girls title is just another example of how fucked up all this stuff is.

Is this just a personal opinion? How do you feel about parents letting their kids be gay?

I just came in here to point out that being transgender is not a mental disorder, ELC.

Carry on.

Back