• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

I was riding the under before Memphis lost coaches and Henderson, I’m definitely riding it now.

Whats the word on Dortch? I took wake in the first round of my bowl game pool (its a points pool you draft a team that you think will score the most points and get a 5 pt bonus on top of their scoring should they win.) Took Wake first round pick 6. I loved this game from the shootout potential and the fact that when I have seen both teams play, I have never been impressed with either's Defense.

Last I heard Dortch was still questionable due to his finger injury.
Really hope he plays. He'll be a difference-maker in this game.

The last 11 am game I went to was against Navy at RFK and the only thing I remember is the record breaking INT so I guess I got right early enough for that one.

Did find this nice stat about Newman from PFF.

Did find this nice stat about Newman from PFF.

Barring a complete bust against Memphis, Newman if healthy will be the 2019 starter unless Clawson loses his bearings.

Which is what I felt Clawson indicated before Newman got hurt in the off season.

Barring a complete bust against Memphis, Newman if healthy will be the 2019 starter unless Clawson loses his bearings.

Ends up we lucked out not getting Tampa. Raining now and predicted rain all day tomorrow with high winds. Weather may clear up by gametime but it’s going to be a mess for any other bowl activities.

I think we have just as good a chance of finishing second in the Atlantic next year as anybody else

Last edited:
Yeah. That’s the future of the division regardless of what State fans think.

Saw Deacs practice on IG today. The Birmingham field has a track around it? It's like being at Wally Wade again.

Back