• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blue Apron

I was reading an article on CNN this weekend about blue apron. Undoubtedly they have had an insane amount of employee workplace violence and threats. It was something like one major threat (like a shooting) per week.
...... What? Why?

$50 = $10/person. Teenagers eat a lot. I have 5 to feed.

...... What? Why?

That was a large part of the purpose of the article. They are having a hard time pinpointing the cause but according to the article work conditions in the warehouses are deplorable. That is what they think accounts for a lot of it.

In a sense. you receive a variety of rings to use as you see fit, so you can pick a ring to suit your mood or to coordinate with an outfit. As far as the classic mood ring that changes colors based on ones nervous temperament, no, I have not received one of those.

O, well they should consider modeling a ring after the prominent mood ring in the 90s classic move My Girl. I bet lots of people would enjoy that piece of nostalgia to simpler times.

We do the Harris Teeter expresslane home shop - saves a ton of time at the store, we plan meals way better and we impulse by a lot less crap.

Yep us too. Plus, you don't have to take your five year old in and avoid all the things you might buy to shut him up.

So, for a white (SINK) who generally eats "shit over rice" or frozen crock pot meals, this sounds interesting. Especially if the recipe cards can make me more productive at the Saturday farmer's market.

eta: Any way to get fewer shipments? Just glanced at both HF and BA and both advertise 3 two-person meals/week. I just want 1 two-person meal/week.

Last edited:
Doofus were you just cooking for one when you did it? Were the portions ridiculous is so? Looks like everything is made for two at least, not that I'm opposed to leftovers.

Yeah just for one at that point. It provided a lot of leftovers which I would alternate throughout the week. I had a free week of Blue Apron, then a free week of another one (Hello Fresh sounds right), so it provided me with like 6-8 meals each week counting dinner and lunch the next day.

It was a lot of food though haha.

We used to do it and liked it because it introduced us to new food and we weren't wasting $10 of fresh herbs.

El Chupe, a Blue Apron subscription is probably too much food for you. We routinely have leftovers when both of us are eating, so I imagine for 1 person you'd be overwhelmed with food. But, whenever ITK finally accepts the inevitable and moves to Chapel Hill so you can be together, you should definitely jump on that.

On the other hand, if you don't mind leftovers, you can basically have an entire week's worth of lunch and dinners for $60...

I also enjoy grocery shopping, assuming I have the time.

I know my Hairy Teet like the back of my hand, so it takes me no longer than 30 minutes to knock out a 25 item list once a week.

i like the teeter too. The one on Central Ave is about 5 blocks from my house so I can walk down, pick up a few things, and be out quickly.

also a big e-vic special guy. I know it's stupid and misleading but I get a lot of satisfaction from saving $75 on a $120 bill.

I religiously use the $10 off a $50 purchase/$15 off $75 etc. coupons. It's free money - I'm going to spend that much every grocery trip anyway.

I also enjoy grocery shopping, assuming I have the time.

I know my Hairy Teet like the back of my hand, so it takes me no longer than 30 minutes to knock out a 25 item list once a week.

I like this. Most people are horrifically inefficient at the grocery store, standing around staring and mouthbreathing at the food in the aisles.

Back