• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Board weirdos

Coincidence that I logged in while watching game and noticed ur neg rep. On purpose that I included our fine showing in my neg response.

Okay. Gotcha curious though when I neg repped you. I feel like I haven't neg repped in weeks.

But posting during the game is the equivalent of fucking with your socks on and watching Carson/letterman/Leno in my book o rules.

Elliott spritzer balled his prossies in his socks btw.

Don't be so cruel, jb. You certainly know my 9 inches of flesh and I have certainly made you bleed.

xoxo

An example of someone who has too much time on their hands. You really created a fake account to make fun of Jaybone?

Correct. Worst teacher I've ever had. Seriously.

We were Bud's last class before retirement and while I actually learned a lot in his class and didn't think he was a particuarly bad teacher, his exam was, um, questionable at best. For those of you fortunate enough not to have gone to law school, exams usually consist of hypothetical situations where you have to issue spot, tell what the law says on the issues that you spot, and give a likely outcome. Bud's exam, on the other hand, was more like "compare and contrast easements and restrictive covenants." Seriously, I think that was an actual question. I kind of felt like I had gone back to 5th grade. With an exam like that and a forced curve of 81, you would expect most grades to be in the 78-84 range - pretty hard to differentiate yourself. As best we could tell though, the grade distribution was not at all clustered and there were a handful of really high grades (hard to give out a lot of 95s when you have to have an 81 average) and a lot of pretty low ones. To this day I have no idea how I did so well in that class or how anyone else did poorly - it was as if he just played roulette to come up with our grades.

We were Bud's last class before retirement and while I actually learned a lot in his class and didn't think he was a particuarly bad teacher, his exam was, um, questionable at best. For those of you fortunate enough not to have gone to law school, exams usually consist of hypothetical situations where you have to issue spot, tell what the law says on the issues that you spot, and give a likely outcome. Bud's exam, on the other hand, was more like "compare and contrast easements and restrictive covenants." Seriously, I think that was an actual question. I kind of felt like I had gone back to 5th grade. With an exam like that and a forced curve of 81, you would expect most grades to be in the 78-84 range - pretty hard to differentiate yourself. As best we could tell though, the grade distribution was not at all clustered and there were a handful of really high grades (hard to give out a lot of 95s when you have to have an 81 average) and a lot of pretty low ones. To this day I have no idea how I did so well in that class or how anyone else did poorly - it was as if he just played roulette to come up with our grades.
This reminds me of the Journalism final with that guy everyone took bc he would literally drink during his "class" which was more like headline writing. Everyone (like 10 guys) had copies of the final and blue books pre filled. Went in, sat there for a few minutes while he drank, and turned in the pre filled blue book. Everyone had essentially the same answers. Not word for word, but the same. Grades ranged from 100-75. The guys with 75 were pissed, but what could they do?

An example of someone who has too much time on their hands. You really created a fake account to make fun of Jaybone?

Says the guy who had enough time to read this thread and then had enough time to post about a post that someone with too much time on their hands posted?

Last edited:
You neg repped me the day before, Jan. 25.

Ha ha, leave it to Jaybone to tell us how to correctly wear our socks!

Last edited:
It's a ripoff of the much better "ask ellis do opposite" tag.

Damn.....you just ruined one of my favorite tags by outing it as a rip off, although targeting Ellis with that line is hilarious. I don't see many Ellis posts anymore.....

What's next? You better not tell me "your knight > our knight" is a rip off as well. First time I saw that was in a thread about chess, and I lost it....brilliant tag, brilliant placement.

It never ceases to amaze me.

Context is important here. Getting butthurt, like jaybone did here, is pretty bad...

But....

During the NBA finals, I was following Irish's lead and was aggressively trolling Doofus for being a bandwagon front runner. I got a negrep that said "do better." I need more info here. Do better as in my trolling needs to be more effective, or did the person misunderstand the intent?

Probably a comment pertaining to you once claiming that Robinho is a better player than Messi.

You gotta do better than come up with stupid shit like that, brah.

Oh man, I got in on the doofus trolling as well. It was great.

I think there was a 3 day period where I was going to kill Milhouse...now he's one of my favorite posters. We don't have a relationship, other than the one night he went down on me...but, it was dark, he couldn't see my face, so I'm not sure it counts.

I enjoy talking w/ Jaybone about hoops, DV7 and others about the NFC East (normally a great season long thread, this year sucked because well, the division sucked)... other than that, i don't realy notice weirdos...other than Marquee...about as weird as i gets, more douchey than wierd though.

Context is important here. Getting butthurt, like jaybone did here, is pretty bad...

But....

During the NBA finals, I was following Irish's lead and was aggressively trolling Doofus for being a bandwagon front runner. I got a negrep that said "do better." I need more info here. Do better as in my trolling needs to be more effective, or did the person misunderstand the intent?

If you click the thread link above or below or beside the rep you jump to the post they are commenting on and that can help with context.

Butthurt? I don't get it. Need more ... context

Damn.....you just ruined one of my favorite tags by outing it as a rip off, although targeting Ellis with that line is hilarious. I don't see many Ellis posts anymore.....

What's next? You better not tell me "your knight > our knight" is a rip off as well. First time I saw that was in a thread about chess, and I lost it....brilliant tag, brilliant placement.

Apparently, you are a huge fan of my tags.

But....

I remember that. Could anything be more doofi than rooting for Lebron because he's good? Gah, my blood is boiling over this seven months later

Hi guys, don't really have a horse in this race, but some of you probably remember me as a BZZ wait and see. I posted more last year on the subject than this year and I was obviously in the minority. However almost all of the debates were civil and I don't recall being hit with a negative rep. I still think it's possible to have different view points and not be personal. I agree that the anonymous nature of forums and alcohol reduces inhibitions and we say things we may later regret. I try(not always successfully) to pretend I am face to face with the people here. We are all Wake fans and probably some of the people and the board that talk bad about each other would find common ground and enjoy a beer together if they actually met. I also think our most recent football and basketball results have made us all angry. Anyway, sorry for the rant but I consider everyone here a fellow Wake fan and just wish we had so much success in our athletic program that we wouldn't have anything to argue about.

I had actually forgotten these specific reasons as to my general dislike of him. There are, however, others.

Hi guys, don't really have a horse in this race, but some of you probably remember me as a BZZ wait and see. I posted more last year on the subject than this year and I was obviously in the minority. However almost all of the debates were civil and I don't recall being hit with a negative rep. I still think it's possible to have different view points and not be personal. I agree that the anonymous nature of forums and alcohol reduces inhibitions and we say things we may later regret. I try(not always successfully) to pretend I am face to face with the people here. We are all Wake fans and probably some of the people and the board that talk bad about each other would find common ground and enjoy a beer together if they actually met. I also think our most recent football and basketball results have made us all angry. Anyway, sorry for the rant but I consider everyone here a fellow Wake fan and just wish we had so much success in our athletic program that we wouldn't have anything to argue about.

Some people would still argue. I was a lurker on the other board back in '09 when we were undefeated and #1. Lot of bickering going on back then, and I imagine a lot of it still going on with other previous program successes under CP3 and Timmy D/Chill. Can't stop human nature, I guess.

Some people would still argue. I was a lurker on the other board back in '09 when we were undefeated and #1. Lot of bickering going on back then, and I imagine a lot of it still going on with other previous program successes under CP3 and Timmy D/Chill. Can't stop human nature, I guess.

Yes you can. You are just so wrong here. Idiot!

Back