• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boehner plans to sue Obama?

Funny how the Dems didn't cry like little bitches and sue W who implemented far more Executive Orders.

Hey Republicans, I think you should sue over Obama's slowing deportations and over gay benefits. Doing so would show how much you want a "big tent" and how "inclusive" you are.

West Wing Reports @WestWingReport · 2h
One of the more ignorant things WWR has heard: Obama issues tons of executive orders. Not according to Natl Archives

West Wing Reports @WestWingReport · 1h
National Archives data going back to 1929: Obama has issued fewer executive orders per year than any President

Avg. number of executive orders per year: Obama 33 (through March); Bush 36, Clinton 45, Bush 41, Reagan 47, Carter 79, Ford 67

(cont.) Nixon 67, LBJ 62, JFK 34, Ike 60, Truman 112, FDR 286, Hoover 62. Pls. stick to facts, folks

Funny how the Dems didn't cry like little bitches and sue W who implemented far more Executive Orders.

Wait, really?

I'm not doubting you that pubs come out of the past two terms looking like spoiled children, but Dems were insufferable during Bush II. I just happen to agree more with the latter.

Pubs are taking a page out of the Democratic handbook to be honest. The Dems made W so freakin toxic by the end of his second term that Obama walked to victory. Now granted, W gave them a lot of ammo, but so is Obama. The best way to kill Hillary is to make the Democratic brand toxic. So that is what they are trying to do. Strickland is right. This is not new, in fact the Pubs have learned and are attempting to 'improve' that attack strategy.

benghazi =/= iraq and bankrupting the country, but i agree with the sentiment

Sue him for what? Doing his job? Conservatives are shooting themselves in the face to win back the Tea Partiers.

Remember the days when you hated America for criticizing a wartime President...

You know, I am more convinced than ever that politicians care more about their own political future than doing anything to make this country better. And I mean both political parties when I say this. If we don't see some good old-fashioned statemanship from these yahoos, and soon...well, let's just say I am worried.

You know, I am more convinced than ever that politicians care more about their own political future than doing anything to make this country better. And I mean both political parties when I say this. If we don't see some good old-fashioned statemanship from these yahoos, and soon...well, let's just say I am worried.

+1

I think Boehner should have pay the lawyers hourly and out of his personal bank account.

So what do they hope to accomplish, exactly?
I'm guessing that a legal action will have to be front page news. Repubs get to state their complaints and get free press coverage.

Pubs are taking a page out of the Democratic handbook to be honest. The Dems made W so freakin toxic by the end of his second term that Obama walked to victory. Now granted, W gave them a lot of ammo, but so is Obama. The best way to kill Hillary is to make the Democratic brand toxic. So that is what they are trying to do. Strickland is right. This is not new, in fact the Pubs have learned and are attempting to 'improve' that attack strategy.

Bunches of inquisitions and nothing has stuck.

Had Obama lied to the nation and sent thousands of Americans to their deaths like W did, he would have been impeached years ago.

W tanked the economy. Obama cut W's deficit in half.

Obama is CP3 to W's Ray Felton (or maybe Crittendon).

Agreed...which is why I vote anti-incumbent. Serving in Congress was not meant to be a life-long profession. Both sides are rotten with "self preservation," so the thing to do is send them all out. As they say at the club "you don't have to go home, but you gotta get the hell outta here!"

I'm guessing that a legal action will have to be front page news. Repubs get to state their complaints and get free press coverage.

Isn't that what Fox News and the Wall Street Journal are for?

Seriously though, you don't use the criminal justice system to self-promote. That's ridiculous.

I still don't understand how you "sue" the President for decisions made during his/her administration. Who is the plaintiff and what is the "standing?" If you want to impeach him, do it, and stop being pussies. Make sure to reconcile that with frivolous government spending.

Back