• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boehner plans to sue Obama?

It's pretty straightforward. Plenty of stuff wasn't his fault, like the subprime crisis. But he cut taxes during war time. It didn't make fiscal sense at all.

I'm no economist, but I think that the extra cash flowing through the economy due to those tax cuts helped account for the housing bubble and thus several related crises. And don't forget his $600 free money give away that made no damn sense and was essentially swallowed up by high gas prices that summer. Of course, Bush essentially gave us $1200 toward our wedding, so thanks.

Pubs are taking a page out of the Democratic handbook to be honest. The Dems made W so freakin toxic by the end of his second term that Obama walked to victory. Now granted, W gave them a lot of ammo, but so is Obama. The best way to kill Hillary is to make the Democratic brand toxic. So that is what they are trying to do. Strickland is right. This is not new, in fact the Pubs have learned and are attempting to 'improve' that attack strategy.

Obama has been a disappointment for continuing the policies of his predecessors, including Bill Clinton, who all worship at the alter of Ronald Reagan who did little to nothing positive for this country. At the time his economic policies provided a boon to a stagnant economy and created jobs and wealth, but they have come at quite a price when observed in retrospect some 30 years later.

Obama had a real opportunity and certainly the capital to make some real changes. But, alas, he blew it and acts like a Reagan apostle. And the republican response? push harder to the right.

Can't figure Boehner out. Can't understand why he wants to keep his job so badly. To do so he has to whore himself out in ridiculous ways. McConnell's an even bigger weasel, but he's hanging on for dear life for the chance to become Majority Leader. Ginsburg should have stepped down this term since it will be far more difficult for her successor to be confirmed next year. She probably wants to be able to be involved in the marriage equality decision. Boehner's already been Speaker and I can't see any possible legislation that will make his legacy. Could be that he's a total partisan hack, but I kinda think he takes ridiculous stands (40+ Obamacare votes, suing Obama) to hold the Tea Party back from even more extreme actions.

Yep it makes more sense to sue Obama than put together a roads bill that is needed so badly and is still a giant bargain.

I think they are going to impeach Obama if the pubs take the senate back.

I think impeachment is a really good tool to take down political opponents. Good for the country, and a correct interpretation of the Constitution. What do you think they are going to impeach him for? Use of drones or for not prosecuting bankers?

That would be the stupidest thing they could possibly do. But please do. they would lose the Senate and the House after doing so.

That's what we need to fix this mess...another impeachment!!! Are the Republicans really that stupid?

Republicans are acting on their belief that government doesn't work by making sure government doesn't work.

Republicans are acting on their belief that government doesn't work by making sure government doesn't work.

oh yea i remember the shutdown...and the obstructionism...and the tea party

Not to nitpick, but it takes 67 Senate votes to CONVICT, not impeach.

This. I really think come this time next year we will be in the midst of an impeachment. I don't think it plays well for the Pubs, but I think that is where this is headed.

Do you think Republicans will run this year on "Elect us and we will impeach Obama?"

Not to nitpick, but it takes 67 Senate votes to CONVICT, not impeach.

Point taken, thanks. As much as the Dem base hates Scott Walker, Obama and Biden stayed the hell out of Wisconsin when Dem legislators fled to Illinois to avoid a vote on ending collective bargaining and the people involved weren't feted during the 2012 Dem convention. Cruz can say whatever he wants about the government shutdown, but his political future was capped well below President/VP after that stunt. Moderates and independents (ie the people who decide presidential elections in swing states) hate hollow political stunts and will punish the GOP if there aren't grounds or votes to convict Obama. Nobody wants Biden to be President. GOP is quantitatively crippled, but there's still a critical mass bright enough to know when to back away from political disasters (see rallying against Chris McDaniels in MS).

This. I really think come this time next year we will be in the midst of an impeachment. I don't think it plays well for the Pubs, but I think that is where this is headed.

This would be the most incredibly stupid thing that Republicans could possibly do. So I agree, they will probably do it.

Back