• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boehner plans to sue Obama?

Is suing the same as impeachment? Who is the plaintiff? Who is the prosecutor? What are the charges? What are the possible outcomes?

Yes I skipped class the day they taught law at law school.

I would be shocked if the GOP doesn't impeach Obama. Of course there will hardly be any grounds for it and it will be so clear what's going on (political maneuvering) but the GOP won't be able to help themselves and a lot of the GOP will actually vote for it.

Isn't that what Fox News and the Wall Street Journal are for?

Seriously though, you don't use the criminal justice system to self-promote. That's ridiculous.

Done all the time. Maybe shouldn't but it does.

Without using google, how many people went to jail for the S&L scandal, the Iran-Contra scandal, the Clinton impeachment scandal, the financial lending scandals, the Enron scandal, the Valerie Plame scandal, the use of executive orders scandals, the passing out of session confirmations scandals?

eta: Scandal looks misspelled when you spell it.

What executive order scandal? Obama has issued fewer than any POTUS in the past half century.

We have a lot of lawyers here who vote R in congressional elections and will vote R in future congressional elections for these guys who are suing this admin, so certainly they know what this is about and can substantiate the need for this.

Guys?

Pubs are taking a page out of the Democratic handbook to be honest. The Dems made W so freakin toxic by the end of his second term that Obama walked to victory. Now granted, W gave them a lot of ammo, but so is Obama. The best way to kill Hillary is to make the Democratic brand toxic. So that is what they are trying to do. Strickland is right. This is not new, in fact the Pubs have learned and are attempting to 'improve' that attack strategy.

This. I really think come this time next year we will be in the midst of an impeachment. I don't think it plays well for the Pubs, but I think that is where this is headed.

Don't see how you can reconcile these two posts in the same thread. 'Pubs clearly won't have the votes to convict Obama, but another quixotic kamikaze mission will somehow make the Dem brand toxic?!? Conservatives are in this tiny ridiculous bubble and are willfully ignoring facts/data all around them that America isn't a far right country. If the MS GOP is evenly split between Tea Party and establishment GOP, how are the 2016 swing states going to be pro-Tea Party? Government shutdown didn't go too well for Cruz and the Tea Party. Pointless divisive tactics with no chance of success (WI walkout, government shutdown) don't appeal to anyone but the fringes and turn off everyone even remotely near the center of the electorate.

Hillary Romney is doing a great job of talking her way out of 2016. She needs to get some new advisers who aren't terrified to tell her when to STFU or the Dems need to look for plans B & C. HRC's time may have passed. See McCain 2000 vs McCain 2008.

Hillary played her book card too soon. I hope somebody else steps up.

Don't see how you can reconcile these two posts in the same thread. 'Pubs clearly won't have the votes to convict Obama, but another quixotic kamikaze mission will somehow make the Dem brand toxic?!? Conservatives are in this tiny ridiculous bubble and are willfully ignoring facts/data all around them that America isn't a far right country. If the MS GOP is evenly split between Tea Party and establishment GOP, how are the 2016 swing states going to be pro-Tea Party? Government shutdown didn't go too well for Cruz and the Tea Party. Pointless divisive tactics with no chance of success (WI walkout, government shutdown) don't appeal to anyone but the fringes and turn off everyone even remotely near the center of the electorate.

Hillary Romney is doing a great job of talking her way out of 2016. She needs to get some new advisers who aren't terrified to tell her when to STFU or the Dems need to look for plans B & C. HRC's time may have passed. See McCain 2000 vs McCain 2008.

Why do I have to reconcile the statements. I am saying what the pubs are trying to do and them saying that I am not optimistic it will work. What is there to reconcile. Pubs are trying to make the donkey's toxic and hoping it will rub off on Hillary. I am doubtful it will work. Remind what I need to reconcile again?

I think Hillary is a snake oil salesman and don't want her to be president. That really has nothing to do withy observation on current republican strategy.

Last edited:
Do you think impeachment is warranted?

If so what are the specific "high crimes or misdemeanors" that Obama has committed?

No. I have never argued it was warranted. Just stated that is what I think the pubs will do. I think Obama sucks as a president but I don't see any evidence for impeachment. He is just consistently incompetent.

Surprise, surprise. The Democrats are fundraising over the executive order controversy. Note how they disregard the constitutional issues involved. Not how they offer a different interpretation of the subject. No, the mean GOP is getting in the way of our great leader's trying to do good things for the country.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/06/how-are-the-democrats-like-hollywood.php

Please explain with specifics how Obama has disregarded the Constitution. Also, feel free to include a link to the fundraising based on the "executive order controversy."

No. I have never argued it was warranted. Just stated that is what I think the pubs will do. I think Obama sucks as a president but I don't see any evidence for impeachment. He is just consistently incompetent.

I agree with Wrangor. It's going to happen, it's not going to help Republicans, somehow they can't see this, and it will ultimately be a huge clown show resulting in nothing.

Just like in '98 impeachment would boomerang on the 'Pubs, especially since they don't have the votes to convict. Don't see how that makes the Dem brand toxic or reflects poorly on Hillary.

Revisiting Monica or going after Benghazi won't kill Hillary. Using HRC's (and Chelsea's tone deaf) clumsiness about wealth and combing through Bubba's 500+ speeches netting $105 Million is the way to go. You make that much loot making one speech a week for 12 years and nobody gives a shit about what your effective tax rate was or thinks that you're not truly wealthy. Hillary over prepared for Benghazi and got tripped up multiple times on the same subject within a month. It's like HRC didn't observe the 2012 campaign. Dems went through all of Bain's deals and found plenty of dirt to use against Mitt. If (big if) the GOP is patient and competent, they'll let Hillary skate through the primaries unchallenged and then unload on HRC post-Dem Convention. The Clintons have done a great deal of good through CGI, but that's not what paid the bills and made them rich. There's no way every one of Bubba's speeches was to choirboys who appeal to populists in both parties. 53% of the speeches were to foreign interests. People couldn't relate to tearing down a 3000 square foot beach house to build a 12000 square foot house with a car elevator and they can't relate to being paid $750K for a single speech in Hong Kong or claiming you don't care about money when mommy and daddy bought you a $10 Million NYC apartment. Dems need a couple of credible primary opponents to burst the balloon early and sharpen up HRC for a tough general election if she survives the primaries. Dems had a huge advantage in 2008, but Dennis Kuchinich was never going to win. Dems have a huge demographic and electoral college advantage, but a young socially libertarian 'Pub (a saner Governor version of Rand Paul) could beat Hillary. Don't know if that exists. An unchallenged HRC primary coronation would be a disaster for the Dems. She's got a nasty temper, doesn't hire staff who challenge her, and makes ridiculous statements ("sniper fire on the tarmc") multiple times until she finally gets caught and embarrasses herself in a big way.

Can the Republicans really go after the Clintons for being rich by legitimate means?

The Dems have a laughably short bench. That will be a major problem.

Last edited:
Back