• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

The biggest complaint with the offense for me was pass protection and not finishing in the red zone, but we played well enough on that to win on offense. To rush for as many yards as we did against BC’s physical front was pretty impressive.

The secondary stinks except for Bassey. I guess though when you have to move a pretty good WR like Chuck Wade to safety you know you’ve got problems though. Also we didn’t get enough pressed up front and that really exposed the secondary. I think if Jesse Bates was back there at least 2 of their scores don’t happen.

One thing about Clawson, he may or may not get it fixed, but he’s going to work his ass off to trying.

So much this. Based on his comments, there's going to be open tryouts next week in the secondary.

Read what I wrote. Yes the OL did not perform up to hype. They almost got Hartman killed. But I said we did not tackle well and the defensive secondary performed like high school. They cost us the game

The o line had a very solid game.

Possibly the 1st game in NCAA history where a team scored 40+ points and never had a single red zone snap. The closest BC offensive play the WF goal line was a 2nd quarter snap on the WF 27.

That’s amazing.

To be honest, the crowd was about what I expected with all the storm shit going on and early start time. I have to admit though, it was a fucking great evening to watch a football game and even though Wake lost and the secondary looked like a blind man trying to fuck a football, I had a great time and enjoyed the evening.

It could have been worse. If Dortch would have caught the 4th down touchdown pass we probably would have lost on a last second play or in overtime and it would sting even worse.

I think everyone agrees we sacrifice Bowers against Notre Dame and bring Hartman back for the Rice game.

I think everyone agrees that you don’t understand what “everyone agrees” or “we can all agree” means.

There. That’s how that’s done.

To be honest, the crowd was about what I expected with all the storm shit going on and early start time. I have to admit though, it was a fucking great evening to watch a football game and even though Wake lost and the secondary looked like a blind man trying to fuck a football, I had a great time and enjoyed the evening.

Agreed. It was a fun game to attend.

Losing Elko and Lea has killed us. Only complaints with the offense is the lack of any vertical passing to stretch the defense and no orbit plays in 4 years. Dortch is perfect for an orbit sweep or reverse.

Anybody know what all the hub-bub in the parking lot was about immediately after the game.

~3 ambulances going full sirens blaring racing to the red or gold lot, I think

Losing Elko and Lea has killed us. Only complaints with the offense is the lack of any vertical passing to stretch the defense and no orbit plays in 4 years. Dortch is perfect for an orbit sweep or reverse.

Yeah the pop pass or even handoff to the WR coming in motion is one of the most popular and effective running (or technically passing) plays in college football. Yet we never run it with pretty much the perfect player for it.

Anybody know what all the hub-bub in the parking lot was about immediately after the game.

~3 ambulances going full sirens blaring racing to the red or gold lot, I think

I saw a guy on a stretcher. He looked OK.

If you'd actually listen to the coach's comments rather than popping off like an uninformed asshole, you'd understand he's about to take the redshirt off of several players and is going to address the issue personally.

Easy there friend. Was a joke.

That third an 17 run call from the BC 45 down 14 with 8 mins left followed by a punt...Defies logic.

This. We could really exploit a tired defense that has been getting pounded in the no huddle run game by throwing a change of pass sweep to Dortch every so often. They took him away most of the game. We have to get him the ball however it takes.

Good crowd (hill was full, West stands 90% full, good student turnout).

Your "not an AD employee" argument takes another hit.

Your "not an AD employee" argument takes another hit.

I have nothing to do with the athletic department. Those with a clue quickly figured this out.

The crowd was, understandably, late arriving, but the hill and west stands (neither shown in this pic) were solid. There was also a lot of noise and activity, much more so than week one, which was impressive given the hurricane and start time.

That photo was from 7:15. It shows plenty of the West stands. The crowd and hill were shown plenty on TV. There was nothing approaching 90% on either the West stands out the hill. I don't really get the need to make stuff up.

Last edited:
That photo was from 7:15. It shows plenty of the West stands. The crowd and hill were shown plenty on TV. There was nothing approaching 90% on either the West stands out the hill. I don't really get the need to make stuff up.

I tried to find a pic of the hill and west stands. I found this one on the Wake football twitter. Maybe Bob will post some pics later.

https://twitter.com/WakeFB/status/1040388619947724801

For those saying the offense was "fine" and pointing to 500 yds of offense, I think you need to pump the brakes. If you take away the 13 yd "drive" when the ST recovered the muffed punt, with 500 yds of offense we scored only 2 TDs, compared to 6 by our opposition (who also had 500 yds of offense). That is similar to the Tulane game where we had big offensive yards and only 2 TDs to show in regulation. Offensive yardage without scoring is essentially meaningless in terms of winning games. Scoring offense is a thing.

As Clawson the Wise noted in his postgame, the offense failed to score in the red zone. That's a problem too, even if not of the caliber of the defense's problems.

For those saying the offense was "fine" and pointing to 500 yds of offense, I think you need to pump the brakes. If you take away the 13 yd "drive" when the ST recovered the muffed punt, with 500 yds of offense we scored only 2 TDs, compared to 6 by our opposition (who also had 500 yds of offense). That is similar to the Tulane game where we had big offensive yards and only 2 TDs to show in regulation. Offensive yardage without scoring is essentially meaningless in terms of winning games. Scoring offense is a thing.

As Clawson the Wise noted in his postgame, the offense failed to score in the red zone. That's a problem too, even if not of the caliber of the defense's problems.

We scored 34 points. Yes, more redzone conversions into TDs by the offense would have been big, but what hurt us way more than that (and it's not even close), was the defense giving up so many explosive plays (many of them for TDs).

Back