• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Botched execution in OK

The tags on this thread are a perfect example of why no one can have a civil discussion about anything anymore. Anonymity makes everyone a hero.

"rj is a botched abortion" and "ELC = epic cunt" are just simply not funny, or witty. Why would someone be motivated to even make the effort to write that?

We already know ELC and rj suck at life. It's gospel at this point, much like lector's concept of not science, PH reading race into every aspect of life and jhmd's inability to not not suck at life. These are all givens and don't need repeating.

And yes, I know I will immediately be the subject of numerous tags. All I ask is sign your name to it.

Last edited:
The tags on this thread are a perfect example of why no one can have a civil discussion about anything anymore. Anonymity makes everyone a hero.

"rj is a botched abortion" and "ELC = epic cunt" are just simply not funny, or witty. Why would someone be motivated to even make the effort to write that?

We already know ELC and rj suck at life. It's gospel at this point, much like lector's concept of not science, PH reading race into every aspect of life and jhmd's inability to not not suck at life. These are all givens and don't need repeating.

And yes, I know I will immediately be the subject of numerous tags. All I ask is sign your name to it.

You take the Internet way too seriously. The reason we can't have civil conversations is that most people are not open to differing viewpoints. They feel like their mission is to educate everyone else about the "truth" and shout down those who disagree with them. And when they face an argument they can't rebut, the turn to personal attacks.

I was drunk and kidding btw.

Without debating the merits of the DP, I've always wondered why they couldn't just administer a massive dose of morphine. Isn't that what Kevorkian did?

Without debating the merits of the DP, I've always wondered why they couldn't just administer a massive dose of morphine. Isn't that what Kevorkian did?

That could take awhile and it's probably not as painless as you're envisioning.

This. I don't think you are joking, and I'm not either. I presume it would mean some cleanup and a closed casket, but that seems a small price to pay.

Right, not joking. Probably the most "humane" method ever invented. Plus, I think it would be good for Americans, especially judges, juries, and prosecutors, to remember that state sponsored killing is not a medical procedure. With the guillotine, the blood on our hands would be literal and not just figurative.

I think the death penalty should be banned, but until it is let's stop the bullshit and use the guillotine.

Right, not joking. Probably the most "humane" method ever invented. Plus, I think it would be good for Americans, especially judges, juries, and prosecutors, to remember that state sponsored killing is not a medical procedure. With the guillotine, the blood on our hands would be literal and not just figurative.

I think the death penalty should be banned, but until it is let's stop the bullshit and use the guillotine.

Good point. Either the death penalty deters capital crimes or it does not. If it does, I would think more public executions would enhance the deterent effect. Discovery Channel would make a killing on the new reality shows.

The DP has never been a deterrent and never will be. There are massive amounts of studies from the US and around the world.

An MD buddy of mine (agnostic on DP, FWIW) opined that this was not a "botched" execution medically. He said that veins blow out on occasion and a redundant system (other arm) would typically insure against whatever inherent risks exist. Putting all of your poisons in one vein is simply a failure to diversify.

This post makes me want to read Discipline and Punish again. Tunnels book club?

does a punishment always have to be a deterrent?

tj said it was. Of course he doesn't care about thousands of studies that disprove his point. He doesn't understand that I didn't say "rj says this". I said studies say it.

tj said it was. Of course he doesn't care about thousands of studies that disprove his point. He doesn't understand that I didn't say "rj says this". I said studies say it.

Do the studies measure the deterrent effect of public execution by guillotine?

Last edited:
Back