• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

The Military Bowl has an AD to inflate the numbers? #themoreyouknow

He's talking about Wake fans that make the trip, not the total attendance.

Well there's no way for anyone to really track that data reliably. Data available and reported will be related to tickets sold in our allotment. We will do fine with that. There are plenty of donors that will go with large family contingents, and our big donors will likely step up and buy tickets to donate to students or local kids because they are really generous and love WF. This bowl is probably our best available option. I have no idea what the numbers will be for school allotments, but we will do fine.

I'm guessing you'll be able to count the Wake fans in the Wake section pretty easily on game day.

If the choices are playing in Detroit or Shreveport the day after Christmas or playing in Annapolis two days after, for the vast majority of the WF fan base, a December 27 game date within reasonable driving distance of a large segment of WF students, fans and/or alums, the Military Bowl is the best option. So, whatever the crowd WF pulls, the most fans will attend the Military Bowl. Not really sure what there is to bitch about for a 6-6 team.

If the choices are playing in Detroit or Shreveport the day after Christmas or playing in Annapolis two days after, for the vast majority of the WF fan base, a December 27 game date within reasonable driving distance of a large segment of WF students, fans and/or alums, the Military Bowl is the best option. So, whatever the crowd WF pulls, the most fans will attend the Military Bowl. Not really sure what there is to bitch about for a 6-6 team.

truth

I'm not bitching. I'm not going, but I'm not bitching.

No idea how many Wake fans attend to the Military Bowl in Annapolis but, Having attended the Orange, Music and the last Military Bowl at RFK Stadium, Annapolis is a no brainer for me (Living only 45 minutes away doesn't hurt either). No way I would attend any of the other projected venues.

No idea how many Wake fans attend to the Military Bowl in Annapolis but, Having attended the Orange, Music and the last Military Bowl at RFK Stadium, Annapolis is a no brainer for me (Living only 45 minutes away doesn't hurt either). No way I would attend any of the other projected venues.

I'll likely go. Would not have made it to Shreveport or Motown.

Wake finished 1-5 in 2011 and sent over 10K people to Nashville with just the regular ticket office sales. That doesn't include secondary market tickets.

How many did the ticket office sell for the EagleBank Bowl?

Not sure if you are just trolling or not, but that's a comically low number.

The election really is rolling off on everything else. We live in a damn post

Maybe a little low but not that low. At the BC game our actual attendance was 12-13,000 actual butts in chairs at best. [even though the 'official' attendance listed was 24,866--remember we actually had a game back in early November where they showed 2 different official attendance figures in the paper and the real game attendance was at most 15,000]. While we may have a few alumni in the greater Richmond/DC/Baltimore area, it is really hard to see our actual ticket sales at 5000 based on the way we ended the season. If it was Charlotte, different story by a little.

Somebody just count all the Wake fans that show up at the Richmond game tomorrow, then multiply by 10. That's how many fans will go to Annapolis, with ticket sales being 1.5x that number.

#MadeUpStats

It's a message board. It ain't happy if it ain't bitching.

Can we bitch about the team being 6-6 instead of 8-4?

Can we bitch about the team being 6-6 instead of 8-4?

Yeah, we can, because think about how differently we could feel about this season if we had won 2 games where we had no business losing. Army we just should've beat period, end of sentence. BC, I can't say that I think we're really all that superior to them, but playing them at home we should've won that game. 8-4 this year would've looked really good, even if we'd have lost the bowl game. Now, at 6-6, we'll either look at it as an okay year if we win the bowl game and a disappointing year if we lose the bowl game. In my opinion at least.

BTW, I don't think we're going to a bowl next year. So if you're really into seeing Wake in a bowl, you'd better get it out of your system now.

BTW, I don't think we're going to a bowl next year. So if you're really into seeing Wake in a bowl, you'd better get it out of your system now.

Going 6-6 next year and going bowling, would look a whole lot better than going 6-6 this year and going bowling.

Back