• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Watch 2011

FSU got their Champs sports bowl invitation today however they will wait until after the Championship to accept since they are still in running for Chick-Fil-A.

Sign me up!

http://www.shreveportla.gov/DEPT/spar/CityFacilities/Independencestadium.htm

Home of the most celebrated bowl game in Northern Louisiana, The Independence Bowl. Located just off of I-20, you can not miss the towering new Trinitron Television capable of instant replays and brilliant color schemes ordinarily enjoyed in the comfort of your home, or the magnificent marquis flashing in giant letters current and future events for your viewing as you leisurely drive by on the interstate.

hese and many more attractions were all part of a thirty million dollar renovation project that has recently been completed. What has been purchased, renovated or added for your comfort and enjoyment is an enlarged seating capacity from 43,000 to approximately 53,000, new enclosed seating in the upper South End Zone to protect you from the elements, additional new concession stands for providing you expedient service. Also, additional rest rooms have been installed all around the stadium for your convenience and rapid return to the game.

Televisions have also been installed around the concession areas so that you will not miss an action packed moment. The facade has been renovated with new carpet, comfortable lounge chairs and tables, all in addition to a picturesque view of the game so natural you will not believe you're safely enclosed.

Ha. You won't miss a moment of the game because there are no lines at the concession stands.

Both writers on ESPN have Wake in the Military Bowl against Air Force. UNC to Shreveport, Virginia to Charlotte, and State to Nashville.

Seems to me that all of these teams are about the same, and if Swofford were to step in and lobby to get more butts in the seats this would work.

Tech to Sunbowl (they love tech)

State to Charlotte ($$$$$$$)

Va to Military (in DC vs. Air Force would be a great game and easy travel for them) more $$$$$$

Wake to Nashvegas to play a shitty SEC team. Wake has not been to this bowl and the opponent would mean good travel

UNC to Indy (should be going to prision bowl)

Sign me up!

http://www.shreveportla.gov/DEPT/spar/CityFacilities/Independencestadium.htm

Home of the most celebrated bowl game in Northern Louisiana, The Independence Bowl. Located just off of I-20, you can not miss the towering new Trinitron Television capable of instant replays and brilliant color schemes ordinarily enjoyed in the comfort of your home, or the magnificent marquis flashing in giant letters current and future events for your viewing as you leisurely drive by on the interstate.

hese and many more attractions were all part of a thirty million dollar renovation project that has recently been completed. What has been purchased, renovated or added for your comfort and enjoyment is an enlarged seating capacity from 43,000 to approximately 53,000, new enclosed seating in the upper South End Zone to protect you from the elements, additional new concession stands for providing you expedient service. Also, additional rest rooms have been installed all around the stadium for your convenience and rapid return to the game.

Televisions have also been installed around the concession areas so that you will not miss an action packed moment. The facade has been renovated with new carpet, comfortable lounge chairs and tables, all in addition to a picturesque view of the game so natural you will not believe you're safely enclosed.

Is there more than one bowl game in Northern Lousiana??? There trinitron's abililty to have replays is quite appealling, we've never seen that before.:confused:

Seems to me that all of these teams are about the same, and if Swofford were to step in and lobby to get more butts in the seats this would work.

Tech to Sunbowl (they love tech)

State to Charlotte ($$$$$$$)

Va to Military (in DC vs. Air Force would be a great game and easy travel for them) more $$$$$$

Wake to Nashvegas to play a shitty SEC team. Wake has not been to this bowl and the opponent would mean good travel

UNC to Indy (should be going to prision bowl)

man, i hope you are right! i really want nashville

North Carolina cannot be picked ahead of Wake Forest. The only way UNC goes to the Independence Bowl is if N.C. State goes to the Military Bowl.

In the release on their website entitled "MATCH-UP FOR 2011 MILITARY BOWL PRESENTED BY NORTHROP GRUMMAN STARTING TO COME INTO FOCUS", Wake isn't even mentioned.

With a win on Saturday versus Maryland, North Carolina State would give the ACC eight bowl eligible teams. Miami has chosen to remove itself from postseason play, hence narrowing the Military Bowl’s field as the game has the eighth selection from the ACC. But a number of variables play into that scenario as well, so the likes of North Carolina or NC State could potentially be the ACC representative for the Military Bowl.
http://www.militarybowl.org/match-u...northrop-grumman-starting-to-come-into-focus/

Also, the Independence Bowl fans on Facebook (yeah, I was surprised they had fans also) seem really excited to potentially have the high-octane Deacs descending into their metropolis:

The name "Wake Forest" always makes me think of an alarm clock going off in the woods.
I've always thought of Wake Forest as a basketball school. It's hard to remember that they field a football team.
https://www.facebook.com/independencebowl

Last edited:
In the release on their website entitled "MATCH-UP FOR 2011 MILITARY BOWL PRESENTED BY NORTHROP GRUMMAN STARTING TO COME INTO FOCUS", Wake isn't even mentioned.

http://www.militarybowl.org/match-u...northrop-grumman-starting-to-come-into-focus/

Also, the Independence Bowl fans on Facebook (yeah, I was surprised they had fans also) seem really excited to potentially have the high-octane Deacs descending into their metropolis:

That's because Wake cannot be chosen for the Military Bowl.

Music City bowl has already said they have no interest in a Vandy-Wake rematch, and they are pretty set on taking Vandy over Mississippi State.

another Vandy home game? the chamber of commerce I'm sure does not want this. No $$$$$$ COMING IN.

another Vandy home game? the chamber of commerce I'm sure does not want this. No $$$$$$ COMING IN.

Agreed. Their only prayer would be to market the game to Vandy Alumni base that is outside Nashville, which I would imagine is considerably large. Could market the game as the ultimate homecoming/new years weekend.

But seriously, there is really no hope of this game is there? I mean we're bound for SPort right?

all 638 of them.

we need to win the poll skew against wyoming for 'team most likely to win the independence bowl'

Both writers on ESPN have Wake in the Military Bowl against Air Force. UNC to Shreveport, Virginia to Charlotte, and State to Nashville.

It always pisses me off when the people who get paid to know these things don't know the basics of what they're supposed to know.

It always pisses me off when the people who get paid to know these things don't know the basics of what they're supposed to know.

Agreed, but it does appear that Wake is trying to work things out to try to get to DC.

How so? I'm wary of that. If we start changing the rules to get out of playing in certain bowls, certain bowls will start changing the rules to get out of inviting Wake.

Back