• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Having watched them a little the last few games, I have been pretty darn curious how their Kenpom rating is higher than ours.

I suspect that is about to change

Having watched them a little the last few games, I have been pretty darn curious how their Kenpom rating is higher than ours.

I suspect that is about to change

They are terrible. Look like a typical Bruce Webber team with kids he recruited.

Indiana closes with a late 10-1 run to edge Northwestern. The streak isn't dead yet!

Anyone listening to him calling the Clemson/VT game could obviously tell he was cheering for Clemson. He literally cheered when they hit the shot to take the lead near the end and was completely quiet when VT hit the dagger. He was talking about the bubble and kept pounding home how Clemson had beaten Wake twice and how they deserved to get in. No mention of Wake's credentials. I guess his bitterness is just now coming out because we've been so horrible since his firing and he hadn't had to worry about us getting in to the tournament.

He sounds like all those Grobe assistants that Clawson let go.

How far down does Gonzaga go? I think if UCLA or Oregon win out, they replace the Zags as a #1 seed. I wonder if Zags can drop to #3 Seed?

Was it a good bubble day overall for the deacs?

Some good, some bad, like most days. Think we're still in a position where one win over Loui/VT/whoever we play on Wed. of the ACCT and I have no idea what happens, but win two and I love our chances to dance

Was it a good bubble day overall for the deacs?

TCU and Kansas State lost - that's a GREAT result

Tennessee lost - great result

Clemson lost - great result

Rhode Island beat VCU - not a good result, to me that is probably the worst of the day

Providence beat Marquette - both bubble teams, we just have to hope Marquette tanks now so both of these teams don't end up getting a bid

Seton Hall, Illinois State and Vanderbilt won - not good

Still 2nd team out in Lunardi as of Sunday morning SC.

Table is set for an upset win against Ville to get us in the dance, but I don't see us backing our way in by just watching other bubble teams lose.

Still 2nd team out in Lunardi as of Sunday morning SC.

Table is set for an upset win against Ville to get us in the dance, but I don't see us backing our way in by just watching other bubble teams lose.

one of the talking heads said that this is an unusual year & that some teams may get in without a signature win as long as they don't have any bad losses. That seems to fit our profile, esp w/ our SOS

Who else fits that profile? The talking head may have simply been saying "Don't complain if Wake gets in."

Definitely Cal as well.

Though I always question where exactly the dividing line on "signature win" is. Does Wisconsin count? SMU or Cincinnati? etc.?

Today we root against Syracuse, Michigan State, Georgia Tech, and USC. MTSU to be safe. Houston too. How about Xavier? I wonder if they could still play their way out? Or at least below us.

Today's bubble watch. Sundays are usually fairly quiet but a fair amount going on today, though for the most part just hoping bubble teams don't get surprise upset wins or do suffer surprise bad losses. The biggest ones in bold once more:

UAB to win vs. Middle Tennessee - Of the mid-major bubble teams, MTSU has the best RPI and second-best Kenpom rating (assuming Wichita is a bubble team). I don't want to find out what the committee would do with them if they fail to win the CUSA, but should that fate come to pass, an L here would be quite nice.

Louisville to win vs. Syracuse - The Orange are dancing for sure if they take care of biz here. Loui is a big fave and hopefully will smoothly take care of biz.

Butler to win @ Xavier - X have been playing awful since they lost Sumner. If they keep losing, perhaps the committee will leave them at home. Also puts a damper on the Big East's bubble teams' wins over the Musketeers

Wisconsin to win @ Michigan State - MSU played well vs. Nebraska on Thurs. but questions still persist how they'll play without Harris. With a tough finishing slate (this, @ Illinois, @ Maryland), could potentially play their way out

Notre Dame to win vs. GT - Much like Syracuse, let's not have anything weird happen here. Take care of biz Irish and avenge your L in ATL

Arizona State to win vs. USC - This would be a substantial blow to the Trojans, who have no more chances for quality wins until their conference tournament. Only a 3 1/2 point fave, so an upset is definitely within the realms of possibility

Nebraska to win vs. Illinois - The Illini have played a very tough schedule and could vault themselves into consideration if they win out (feasible with this, vs. MSU and @ Rutgers). Let's put an end to that today

Last edited:
Can include Memphis to win vs. Houston too. Houston doesn't have a lot going for them, but they do have good metrics and could potentially add a quality win @ Cincy this upcoming Thurs. Don't see how they get in without a win there, but even that very likely would not be enough if they lose today

Is X seriously at risk?

I was mistaken, Xavier actually won vs. Seton Hall and @ Creighton without Sumner, so that puts them in better shape.

Still, if they finish the season 1-7 in their last 8 games, who's to say what the committee will do

X is already in the 8-9 range. After today they host Marquette and then at DePaul to end the regular season. It could get interesting if they lose again today.

Back