• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Bracket matrix updated today, just posting the numbers broken down by the day. Just goes to show how big the win yesterday was, from being out of about 15% of brackets to in 100% of them put out today, currently averaging between a 10-11 seed.

UpdatedAvg PositionPct InOut Of
5-Mar10.68100%59
4-Mar10.8083%18
3-Mar11.2287%31

Last edited:
North Florida leads 1-seed Florida Gulf Coast by six at the half. One bid league, so no big deal.

If we win against BC and VT in the ACC tournament I wouldn't be surprised to see the committee give us a 9 seed in the region where Kansas is the 1 seed setting up a potential matchup between Manning and Kansas.

If we win against BC and VT in the ACC tournament I wouldn't be surprised to see the committee give us a 9 seed in the region where Kansas is the 1 seed setting up a potential matchup between Manning and Kansas.
That's pretty much worst case scenario. Would much rather be a 10 or 11.

You read my mind. I said this to a friend yesterday. All about the TV matchups to get ratings.

Yeah, I pointed that out a few days ago. Seems like a stone cold lock.

Or give us 'nova again in a rematch.

It will be nice to have the addition of Jayhawk TV sets to our consideration for seeding.

We now have a higher RPI than Miami and Va. Tech and a much stronger strength of schedule. Also have head to head wins over both and a quality win over Louisville that is arguably better than their quality win over Duke. Ville with a higher RPI and finished higher than Duke in the ACC. I realize they are both one game better than us in the league - but realistically - I think we should be seeded in the same range as these two teams.

Brad Evans from Yahoo has us at at solid 11 and out of final four in

Brad Evans‏Verified account @YahooNoise 2m2 minutes ago
UPDATED #BracketBigBoard. Last four IN: USC, Xavier, Vanderbilt, Rhode Island. First four OUT: Illinois, Kansas St., Iowa, Illinois St.
@jimvonhorn@YahooNoise so no Dayton for Wake ???
1:43 PM - 5 Mar 2017
Brad Evans‏Verified account @YahooNoise 21s21 seconds ago
@jimvonhorn Correct. Firm No. 11.

Brad Evans from Yahoo has us at at solid 11 and out of final four in

Brad Evans‏Verified account @YahooNoise 2m2 minutes ago
UPDATED #BracketBigBoard. Last four IN: USC, Xavier, Vanderbilt, Rhode Island. First four OUT: Illinois, Kansas St., Iowa, Illinois St.
@jimvonhorn@YahooNoise so no Dayton for Wake ???
1:43 PM - 5 Mar 2017
Brad Evans‏Verified account @YahooNoise 21s21 seconds ago
@jimvonhorn Correct. Firm No. 11.

I bet you're super pumped your son got a scholarship this year. Big start against Louisville on senior night too!

If we get those two wins we should be a 6 or 7. We'll have an rpi around 25.

What does even playing BC do to our RPI? How much do we have to win by for it to improve RPI?

NCAA committee has been taking more walks down narrative street lately - Maybe they will put us in the 8/9 with Kansas as the 1 if we can have a good week in Brooklyn

Back