• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

The regular Michigan uniforms probably are still in the plane sitting just off the end of the runway. They probably haven't unloaded it yet. There was talk that the B1G schedule for today might have to be rearranged for M. The conf wasn't going to have them not play because of the incident with the plane.

They were not allowed to unload anything from the plane because of the ensuing investigation.

I haven't cared enough to track him recently, but for his first several years, he made many changes the final morning, suggesting that he either changed his mind or (more likely) had some inside connections to the Committee.

Isn't Lunardi notorious for having iffy brackets and then getting tipped off early on Selection Sunday and adjusting his bracket?

yes

I don't think Cuse is in good shape at all. I think they were on the outside looking in last week, and yesterday did them in.

I don't think Cuse is in good shape at all. I think they were on the outside looking in last week, and yesterday did them in.

Make a bracket and compare to lunardi then see who's better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, while Lunardi likes to brag about getting the correct teams in the bracket, he makes no such claims about his seeding. Even if he were to put in the work to properly s-curve every team, there are lots of other factors like travel times, conference considerations and fun matchups the committee likes to make that all affect seeding. There can be a 1-2 seed variance on all but the very top and very bottom seeds due to the process.

Michigan is 13 minutes away from delivering the kill shot to Illinois

Make a bracket and compare to lunardi then see who's better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel very confident in my ability to make a bracket, picking teams to make the Tournament that is better than his, but when would we cut him off? I don't have any inside information at all that gets leaked.

It's not even just that. He has two jobs:

1) Up to Selection Sunday he needs as many teams as possible trading spots constantly to drum up as much interest/discussion as he can.
2) On Selection Sunday, his accuracy then matters to keep his credibility. It's not super hard to get 67 of 68 most years if the committee is competent (most brackets in the Bracket Matrix doing this bears that out.

I'd guess it's the interplay between these two that makes his final changes occur rather than getting tipped off by the committee. But the upshot is his picks until the final 36 hours are pretty meaningless (far worse than the collective so I'd suggest not quoting/listening to him til Saturday night) but that he, along with the collective bracket wisdom, will probably do pretty well on their final draft.

Last edited:
Last year lunardi only got 65 of 68

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Michigan is 13 minutes away from delivering the kill shot to Illinois

Last Four Out Illinois losing by 15 with two minutes left to a team wearing practice jerseys that all almost died yesterday

FYI, the one bracket (out of 107) on Bracket Matrix that does not have us in the field right now has Illinois in as a 12. Of course, they also have Illinois State as a 9, so take that FWIW

Second team out in that bracket (behind Rhode Island). Illinois is also in his field, and will fall out. Safe to say that bracket isn't all that great.

Back