• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

I watched all of season 4 and caught up on the first episode of season 5 in two days. If I don't pass the bar I'm blaming the creator of the show.

enhanced-buzz-24434-1341949285-3.jpg

yeah the hector twitter account is phenomenal

No issues, here.

And down goes the German Chicken Man/conspirator.

Mike is a badass. And I like the quote from next week, "Just because you killed Jesse James doesn't mean you're Jesse James."

Primarily a setup episode meant to reestablish Mike and his tendencies. I love the Mike character. There's so much depth there and we got even more of a back story from him. The actor playing him does so much with his facial expressions (eyes and lips specifically) and voice tone. The scene with him in the chick's apartment (with her daughter and nanny) was perfect.

But my god, watching Jesse lose it after he "finds" the ricin cig was brutal to watch. And there's little to no feeling coming from Walt when they cut back up to Cranston. Absolutely cold and soul-less in the face of his partner falling apart because he realizes Jesse's loyalty will now almost never falter.

I didn't realize Giancarlo Esposito (sp?) was nominated for an Emmy. As great as Aaron Paul was in Season 4, I'd love to see Gus take one home.

But my god, watching Jesse lose it after he "finds" the ricin cig was brutal to watch. And there's little to no feeling coming from Walt when they cut back up to Cranston. Absolutely cold and soul-less in the face of his partner falling apart because he realizes Jesse's loyalty will now almost never falter.

Walt has completed his transformation. He's the one who knocks. He has no soul. And he scares the shit out of everyone close to him who knows what's really going on.

He is going to go down in a terrific display of fireworks.

Don't know if it was a national thing but the first commercial that ran on my system after they were taking down Pollos Hermanos sign and the Herr ate the defrib, was for KFC.

Mike is right- Walt's a trainwreck waiting to happen. HOWEVER, it would be somewhat incongruous with Mike's character to let Mrs. Gus to go free. She broke up his crew with her bullshit and made him waste one of his favorite guys. I know he was conflicted with the little girl being there but I'm sure Mike has ways to procure methylamine. I mean, the shit is hauled around the country/world in railcars. Granted it would be a project to extract it semi-safely but nothing compared to letting the woman who put a hit on you stay alive. In the past, he did shoot the Asian guy in the hand as a reminder and maybe he's relying on that so Mrs. Gus stays in line. I don't know. Sentimentality is usually a tough character's downfall. Mike may be showing cracks.

Don't know if it was a national thing but the first commercial that ran on my system after they were taking down Pollos Hermanos sign and the Herr ate the defrib, was for KFC.

Mike is right- Walt's a trainwreck waiting to happen. HOWEVER, it would be somewhat incongruous with Mike's character to let Mrs. Gus to go free. She broke up his crew with her bullshit and made him waste one of his favorite guys. I know he was conflicted with the little girl being there but I'm sure Mike has ways to procure methylamine. I mean, the shit is hauled around the country/world in railcars. Granted it would be a project to extract it semi-safely but nothing compared to letting the woman who put a hit on you stay alive. In the past, he did shoot the Asian guy in the hand as a reminder and maybe he's relying on that so Mrs. Gus stays in line. I don't know. Sentimentality is usually a tough character's downfall. Mike may be showing cracks.

The crack is his grand kid.

great episode. big steps moving the plot forward. paul's breakdown scene was amazing acting, i kept picturing the kid on the price is right and trying to reconcile the two.

Looks like Skylar got a little dose of Walter when Ted pussed out. She went from guilty/upset to "don't fuck with me." Of course I wouldn't trust Ted any further than I could throw Saul's dude Ewell. He'll find a way to fuck her over.

Jesse gets a little cred on magnets. Of course, anyone who's seen Oceans 11 should've thought of this scheme right off the bat.

In the next ep preview, love the words of Hank's boss about having Gus over for a "cook"out with his family. How Gus was a totally different guy but was right under his nose. Yeah, Hank. Catch that?

That was a great scene. I didn't quite get Hank's reaction though.

Back