• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

Just saw Ted Beneki in a Charles Schwab trading platform commerical on CNBC - you know, one of those dumbassess who thinks they can be a trader and make lots of money sitting on their ass at home. Happy to see he's not really paralyzed though!

Walt is such a motherfucker. He is getting so much money and a big cut, but he will always fuck everything up.

What was his little speech about Victor at the end about? Thoughts?

What was his little speech about Victor at the end about? Thoughts?

Planting a seed in Jesse's mind about killing Mike and get a bigger piece of the pie.

Walt is a huge, manipulative egomaniac. His ploys are so cunning and evil - his conversation with Marie was great. He's a crazy SOB.

The Scarface scene could be telling for future shows. This season is shaping up to be good (with next summers season going to just be crazy). the line Walt said while watching Scarface "It seems like everyone in this movie dies" (or something to that extent) could be foreshadowing? Not sure, just speaking out loud

Breaking Bad Forecast: Shit will hit the fan.

Bold prediction.

I like Mike so much, but I predict that Walt will kill him eventually, or maybe kill one/some of Mike's men getting the hush payments. In the end, I predict that Jesse will kill Walt.

Mike's cough in season 4 has to come back to be something. There was an episode where he had a cough, just as Walt did when Walt had cancer. I imagine they set Mike up to be terminally ill, and then he does some seriously crazy shit.

The Scarface scene could be telling for future shows. This season is shaping up to be good (with next summers season going to just be crazy). the line Walt said while watching Scarface "It seems like everyone in this movie dies" (or something to that extent) could be foreshadowing? Not sure, just speaking out loud

I couldn't tell if that was foreshadowing (I think it is) or just trying to subliminally advertise for Mob week.

Also, what up Landry?? That solidified my decision to re-watch FNL next.

Walt and Brock on the couch together. Ice cold scene.

In-home cameras was the FIRST thing I thought when Walt started talking about the tenting scheme. Todd reveals this- it's a MAJOR thing that must be dealt with. With the ease of installing tiny, wireless cameras that feed to just about any device with internet or wireless, it's a HUGE thing to overlook. Can't be easily dismissed. Some homeowner wanting to make sure the bug guys aren't fucking with his house just has to click on and see Walt and Jesse, feet up, watching the tube, swilling beer.

Anyone wish Mike would choke Skyler before he does anyone else? Marie too. But I guess every show needs some dumbass morons for the aggravation factor. For example, we on this board have keeper and Lectro.

Walt eating the apple after talking to Marie was some subtle foreshadowing- Genesis 2:17 anyone? "...but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die..."

TexasDeac: good call on Mike's cough. A man with nothing to lose who has lots of loyalty and a need to take care of his people is certainly someone who could take the ultimate sacrifice.

Does anyone watch the goofy security show afterwards? I'd like to catch those sneak peeks but just can't take watching that.

Last edited:
something tells me Mike already knows about his illness and thats why he wanted back in after he found out the cops took all of his granddaughter's money. i mean you can't spend that much time with a Mexican doctor and not figure out you have lung cancer...or maybe you could

I don't think the BB writers are lazy enough to throw in a second cancer story line. Mike's cough, etc, more than likely just has to do with being shot in the chest.

What are the odds that Skyler offs herself? Or goes completely loony and Walt has her committed? No one would believe a crazy woman's rantings about how her cancer-stricken, chemistry teacher husband is secretly a drug kingpin.

Cranston had two epic scenes this week - with Brock and with Marie. Not to mention the cold manipulation of Jesse that pushed him to break it off with Andrea.

I love the idea of Walt becoming Tony Montana. Vince Gilligan is so deliberate, I don't think he'd just throw Scarface in there to help AMC promote Mob Week. Also loved that Walt and Jesse were watching the Stooges. Reminded me of the first time they stole the methalimine (sp?) in knitted ski masks.

Walt's line to Saul about controlling Mike is more telling than anything. If he can't control him, that relationship is not long for this world.

Car thing was annoying repetitive and commercial but awesome episode

Good episode. I wish Mike had wasted that bitch. Walt has just dominated Skyler to such a great extent at this point. It is legitimately scary. All his loving interactions with them just seem fake and calculated.

Loved the watch thing at the end. "Walt, you're a time bomb...tick tick ticking. And I don't intend to be around for the boom."

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what Walt is going to do to get rid of any remaining viewer sympathy. For a while there I thought he was going to kill Skyler if she threatened to tell Hank/the DEA about his business, but he's always been about taking care of his family so I'm not sure.

Loved the back and forth threatening between Walt and Skylar. Seems like Skylar thought she had it figured out, but of course Walt has a response for all of her potential schemes.

I really don't see how Skylar survives this half-season. Either she offs herself or Walt kills her and makes it look like suicide. The groundwork is already laid for Marie and Hank to buy a suicide.

Jesse, meanwhile, continues to be the moral center of the show and the only character that consistently exhibits a shred of humanity. I'm not sure what kind of bday celebration Walt was expecting, but it would've been great to see Jesse and him hamming it up at a bar instead.

I wonder what Hank's promotion means for the continued investigation into Gus' network.

Matthew Seitz ‏@mattzollerseitz
Walter White's "arc" in three images.

jr0dA.jpg

I may be wrong and I don't think they provided an overhead shot, but before that last picture was taken, didn't Walt break up his bacon (like Junior asked Sky to do) and arrange it on the plate- presumably into what we can assume was a "52?" He told the waitress it was his birthday. So draw some conclusions from that. He's out of the house. Got a car with New Hampshire tags with a hell of a weapon in the trunk. And still not in jail.

The agent who promoted Hank pretty much told him he'd be handing off the day-to-day on Heisenberg/Blue Meth to another agent.

Nice to see the Evil Walt Hat make a return. It's amusing that with all Hank's wherewithall, he can't see the red flags all around his goofy, academic, brother-in-law. Just too unbelievable.

Okay- I had to add this:

I enjoy watching those shows about air disasters and the events that lead up to them. There's one running on the Smithsonian Channel called Air Disasters right now. So I'm watching the newest one called "Communication Breakdown" detailing who communication failures led to some of the worst crashes.

In 1986, Aeromexico flight 489 was struck by a Piper Archer which destroyed the horizontal and vertical stablizers on the Aeromex flight and ripped off the top of the Piper's cabin, decapitating everyone inside. No survivors. Both planes crash into residential areas in Los Angeles. The investigation revealed that the Air Traffic Controller was distracted in the ATC Center and never contacted the Piper's pilot to correct his path.

The ATC's name: Walter White.

Okay, that's a reach but I immediately started wondering how consciously that air crash played into the same subplot in BB and whether it's intentional.

Skyler's gonna shoot Walt right?

Back