• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

Yep, I've noticed that. Just adds to the appeal because they've really gone to great lengths to make sure this is as believable as possible.

Has anybody else noticed that all the women in the show are just horrendous and serve no purpose other than to bring down their men? I'm not talking about just annoying or whatever-- I'm talking about raging fucking cunts. That can't be an accident.

Really? Hard to argue that Skylar isn't a sympathetic character at this point.

Marie has sucked from the moment she first appeared. Can't stand that biotch. Hank is too cool to be with her.

Not after she says she's just waiting for her husband to die of cancer, and then starts chain smoking whenever he's around.

I'll echo what District said and add that she was fine using the ill gotten gains to bail out Ted and demand all this other stupid shit, but in the long run she is finding she is not mentally equipped to deal with all this. The death of Gus really brought home not only the dangers involved, but also what Walt is capable of. The problem is she is a big reason why Walt is back in the business (the loan to Ted) and is also the reason why Walt had to take out Gus. I can certainly sympathize with her predicament and wanting to protect her family, but she's incapable of being rational. Her acting out is her way of trying to expose Walt.

Hank has really grown as a character throughout the series. He has become more serious, a better detective, and less abrasive. In my mind at least, he has changed from an annoying side character to one of my favorite characters on the show.

Hank's an interesting character to me. The entire show is based around these characters that do good and bad things, very consciously, very aware of their actions being morally good or bad. The only character that hasn't acted morally wrong is Hank. Seriously. When has he done something affirmatively bad?

Jesse, however, is defs the hero of this show. Jesse has to come out on top.

Also, wo, that bedroom argument scene with Walt and Skylar gave me chills. Love me some Bryan Cranston.

Skyler is going to lead Hank to Walt as a solution to getting her and the kids out safely. It's gonna be epic.

Hank's an interesting character to me. The entire show is based around these characters that do good and bad things, very consciously, very aware of their actions being morally good or bad. The only character that hasn't acted morally wrong is Hank. Seriously. When has he done something affirmatively bad?

Jesse, however, is defs the hero of this show. Jesse has to come out on top.

You could make the argument that at times Hank has gone rogue as an authority figure - pursuing his own investigations, ignoring orders, keeping things in the dark - but that's obviously minimal in comparison to the show's other characters.

I'll echo what District said and add that she was fine using the ill gotten gains to bail out Ted and demand all this other stupid shit, but in the long run she is finding she is not mentally equipped to deal with all this. The death of Gus really brought home not only the dangers involved, but also what Walt is capable of. The problem is she is a big reason why Walt is back in the business (the loan to Ted) and is also the reason why Walt had to take out Gus. I can certainly sympathize with her predicament and wanting to protect her family, but she's incapable of being rational. Her acting out is her way of trying to expose Walt.

skyler is not the reason that walt is still cooking. he will tell her she is for his own ends but his ego keeps him cooking. he believes no one can touch him. from his point of view he has beaten everyone that has come at him. he has taken life and out smarted everyone. he feels like it is his turn to run the show after being at the bottom of the barrel (his former partners getting rich off some of his work and then being a hs teacher with no money)

You could make the argument that at times Hank has gone rogue as an authority figure - pursuing his own investigations, ignoring orders, keeping things in the dark - but that's obviously minimal in comparison to the show's other characters.

Yea it's just not close to Marie's stealing, Skylar's affair, Walt/Jesse/Mike's cooking/killing/lying. Even Walt Jr. did some bad stuff at one point, right? I've played through this once in my head but I forget what I pegged Walt Jr. for.

I could hear an argument for Jesse having always been pressured into doing what he does, though, or only doing things when he thinks it's for the best.

skyler is not the reason that walt is still cooking. he will tell her she is for his own ends but his ego keeps him cooking. he believes no one can touch him. from his point of view he has beaten everyone that has come at him. he has taken life and out smarted everyone. he feels like it is his turn to run the show after being at the bottom of the barrel (his former partners getting rich off some of his work and then being a hs teacher with no money)

Yes, this is true too, but Skyler's 600k to Ted certainly didn't help.

I STRONGLY recommend rewatching the first season. It's awesome to remember all of the old story archs/characters like Crazy 8, the RV, Walt before he told his family about his diagnosis, old Hank, etc. I'm sure there will be some allusions to older episodes during the coming season as well, so having the old episodes in the forefront of your memory might make these new episodes even better.

ETA: Really wish they would bring back Carmen the principal. SHE BAD

Last edited:
I thought for sure that Walt was going to be the one pulling the trigger at the end of the episode.

holy shit that just happened. at first i didn't trust Landry, thought he was going to rat them out. not so much anymore

Wow. What a finish. I would've been satisfied with what I thought was one of the funnier exchanges in the entire series so far...

Skyler: Have you been burying bodies?
Walt: No. Robbing trains.

Back