• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bro Talk: sweet freedom

not really. a lot of mexican food requires long periods of slow cooking and simmering with different layers/types of flavors. i think that's specific to latin food in general moreso than other flavors.

Nothing you described was very bro, at all.

not really. a lot of mexican food requires long periods of slow cooking and simmering with different layers/types of flavors. i think that's specific to latin food in general moreso than other flavors.

Yeah there is an authentic Mexican place near me that has all sorts of awesome stuff

Yeah there is an authentic Mexican place near me that has all sorts of awesome stuff

If an actual Mexican in Mexico eats grilled cheese and Cap'n Crunch, is that not "authentic" Mexican food?

Nothing you described was very bro, at all.

what are you talking about? slow cooking a pork shoulder with multiple smoked peppers, onions, etc. in lard for an afternoon isn't bro? (i.e. carnitas)

hell maybe you guys are right, i just fuckin love some mexican food

Its barely not a third world country and their food primarily consists of third world ingredients. I can understand how others like to eat it for variety as I'm likely strange in that I find something I really like to eat and primarily eat it over and over again, but there ain't anything amazing about it. Although perhaps it can be intricate slop.

I was going to reply to this on my walk home from the gym, but drinking protein with one hand and trying to unravel all of the unbro failure that palma has spewed on the last two pages proved a task not even a true bro like me could handle.

Palma, I am now going to break down why you fail and why noone should listen to you on food.

1) you have said multiple times your diet consists primarily of shitty pizza
2) you have burned down an apartment trying to cook (and, correct me if I am wrong, but it was cooking something on par with boiled water)
3) you included brown rice as a main mexican ingredient, showing your lack of any knowledge about real mexican food. Mexican rice is normally made with long grain white rice. The color comes from the other ingredients that the rice is cooked in
4) you live in a part of the country where good mexican food is abundant, yet have clearly only ever eaten at a combo #1 style place.

Your analysis of Mexican food is the like going to a Denny's in Argentina and then writing off American cuisine.

Bro-tip: learn to make some decent food, expand your diet beyond that of a 3rd grader, and hit the gym.

So I missed Wake Brothers the other night which is okay because MTV repeats shows like 20 times per week. Catching the repeat right now. Holy hell this show is awesome. These guys literally just kick it at their lakefront house all day every day hanging out and partying with hot chicks. Occasionally they take a break from that and do some sick wakeboarding. Plus they get tons of free shit including boats.

So billy burke, best known by bros as Gary Matheson in season 2 of 24 is the lead in this new Revolution show, where his characters last name is Matheson.

The talent on this show is unreal. So many smoke chicks and they wear bikinis basically 100% of the time.

I was going to reply to this on my walk home from the gym, but drinking protein with one hand and trying to unravel all of the unbro failure that palma has spewed on the last two pages proved a task not even a true bro like me could handle.

Palma, I am now going to break down why you fail and why noone should listen to you on food.

1) you have said multiple times your diet consists primarily of shitty pizza
2) you have burned down an apartment trying to cook (and, correct me if I am wrong, but it was cooking something on par with boiled water)
3) you included brown rice as a main mexican ingredient, showing your lack of any knowledge about real mexican food. Mexican rice is normally made with long grain white rice. The color comes from the other ingredients that the rice is cooked in
4) you live in a part of the country where good mexican food is abundant, yet have clearly only ever eaten at a combo #1 style place.

Your analysis of Mexican food is the like going to a Denny's in Argentina and then writing off American cuisine.

Bro-tip: learn to make some decent food, expand your diet beyond that of a 3rd grader, and hit the gym.

Grease fire from chicken cutlets with iron chef orangle glaze sauce.

While when lazy I order a decent amount of pizza, I'm pretty well versed in the fine dining scenes in both Vegas and here the past 6 years (Joel Robuchon, Guy Savoy, Urasawa to name a few) and am determined to hit up french laundry within the next year, so I've experienced my fair share of good food.

While I can't make food for shit, I'm fairly sure I've tried as many if not more different foods than you. And if you think I haven't had friends the past 6 years take me to places they think are amazing authentic mexican places is just false. My friends love those places, and I cringe anytime they get in Mexican moods because it's so damn terrible.

Chips and salsa is pretty money though, usually just try to fill up on that before the slop gets there

I'm not convinced you're not just trolling now. What about other latin foods... how do you feel about like Argentinian or Brazilian food?

What the fuck is the point of showing women's beach volleyball if theyre wearing full body suits under their bathing suits? Super unbro. Thanks a lot London.

Also, I can't call out my roommate because he already left for good. I'm considering it roommate severance.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced you're not just trolling now. What about other latin foods... how do you feel about like Argentinian or Brazilian food?

Not too much experience there outside of Fogo de Chao or that Argentinian meat place at the westfield food court. Both are cool for their variety of meats, but the quality isn't as strong as say a Cut or Stripsteak, or even a Ruths Chris.

I should take you to this italian place right by my old work in Brentwood called Palmeri. Went there for a business lunch this past week and I got the Norm from Cheers treatment, since I used to eat there 3/4 times a week for lunch. Its so good I'm just the type that couldn't stand doing like Wahoo's fish tacos or Q's or anything after eating there, since why eat anywhere else if that place is so good? Their Shrimp and Asparagus risotto is amazing, but their signature is this Crab Ravioli with squid ink pasta in a saffron sauce. Best canoli's in the city as well.

Palma you are wrong in literally about 80% of your opinions on things. So unbro.

its mind-bottling

Best I can tell Mexican food consists of beans, brown rice, pretty cheap meat and peppers

The Hamburger alone wins there.

WTF

tamales, legit mexican entrees, mean margaritas...I'd take the food I had in South Texas when visiting my mom over 95% of everything else I've ever had in my life. Plus my banging shrimp tacos from last Saturda

its mind-bottling

WTF

tamales, legit mexican entrees, mean margaritas...I'd take the food I had in South Texas when visiting my mom over 95% of everything else I've ever had in my life. Plus my banging shrimp tacos from last Saturda

3 days in Vegas with me as your guide will then be a life-altering experience.

3 days in Vegas with me as your guide will then be a life-altering experience.

Find me a memorable meal for six dollars then we'll talk. Otherwise I could handle Vegas just as well

Back