• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford Hiring An Agent, Staying in Draft

I am still baffled why the Sixers haven't called the NBA's first (or least one of the first) shooting coaches. He is local, revered and beloved in Philly. Not to mention Herb Magee is a Basketball Hall of Famer.

He’s already working with someone that is qualified to help.

When did all that happen?

Oh yeah, when you were still sucking on your momma's tits....

It didn't work at all and there is a local legend available.
He's working with Drew Hanlen this offseason, who pretty much every NBA player goes to nowadays.

Watch Doral screw around and get drafted.

Much more likely than Crawford, imo.

It’s the old, “You can’t teach height!”

Crawford kind of is what he is. No elite skills or significant upside potential. Doral at least showed big improvement year over year. You could make the argument that he can continue to improve.

I still don’t think he will get drafted, but he’s getting some looks.

I wish him luck because I’d like to see the narrative of Manning as a big man guru eventually pay off in recruiting... I still think, for better or for worse, he’s going to be here for a while.

How would you guys rate Doral Moore against Priest Lauderdale ?

Watch Doral screw around and get drafted.

I could see him as one of the last 10 picks in the draft. Some team may value a true big with rim protection skills. And as was noted above, has developed nicely over the last several years. From playing backup on his HS team to an ACC starter and near double-double guy. There are worse ways to use a late second round pick.

I could see him as one of the last 10 picks in the draft. Some team may value a true big with rim protection skills. And as was noted above, has developed nicely over the last several years. From playing backup on his HS team to an ACC starter and near double-double guy. There are worse ways to use a late second round pick.

You mean you wouldn't prefer to take Slovo Bobovovich from Chisineau, Moldova over a kid who played in the ACC?

Seems like some here are rooting against Crawford and Moore finding success in their pro careers. While the decision to give up their senior year did not appear to be either player's interest, now that it is done, hope both exceed expectation and find success in the NBA, G-League or some international venue.

FWIW, if the contention is that either Crawford or Moore would've had a better pro career had they stayed an extra year, let's hope through hard work this Summer they get to a place where their talent shines through. Whether DM remains the coach past next season or not, WF benefits if its basketball players find professional success.

You mean you wouldn't prefer to take Slovo Bobovovich from Chisineau, Moldova over a kid who played in the ACC?

I would prefer someone who I have film of him holding his own against the guys who are going lottery over somebody who may have better numbers but against unknown level of competition.

what if their flaming out actually helps our plight by making DM look worse?

Most on this Board are great at twisting facts to support whatever argument they want.

If Moore and Crawford, exceed expectations and one or both actually reaches the NBA, the Team Anti-Danny can bitch about Manning failing to win with NBA talent; Team Pro-Danny (a dwindling group) can advocate how Manning can spot and develop talent (if Moore makes it, already can hear how DM develops Big Men), and can play the hypothetical game of how much better WF could've been (WF fans are naturals at that).

If Moore and Crawford flame out, the Team Anti-Danny can complain about how even players with no NBA future flee the program to rid themselves of Danny; the Team Pro-Danny can claim that had Moore and Crawford stayed they would've developed significantly over the last year, would've graduated and would have much stronger pro prospects.

Back