• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant. DeJuan. Crawford.

Not that positions matter much, but I'd expect CMM to be the 2G when playing with Crawford.

Hmm, for some reason I thought it would be opposite. Guessing they will alternate a bit like Crawford does now with Wilbekin.

I have to think it is CMM Crawford Hudson Dinos DT once everyone is back/healthy.

Wilbekin, Collins, McClinton off the bench.

I think I agree with this too. Should be enough shooting with Hudson and Dinos, especially with CMM and BC driving the ball.

I have to think it is CMM Crawford Hudson Dinos DT once everyone is back/healthy.

At this point, we have to assume Van Horn takes some of McClinton's minutes in the rotation as well. Van Horn plays 4 more minutes a game than McClinton.

I assume we'll see something close to 30/30/20 for CMM/Crawford/Wilbekin as well as DT/Dinos/Collins. Hudson will get 25 minutes at the 3 with McClinton and Van Horn splitting the 15.

I felt pretty good about Crawford with the ball in his hands last night late in the game. That should open up everybody in clutch situations.

Last edited:
I think CMM needs the ball in his hands to be effective... He's not going to be a catch and shoot guy. He's best when he's driving strong to the hoop.

Crawford seems to have the skills to play the 2... Has been our best 3 point shooter this season (%-wise).

Having both CMM & Crawford on the court means we can push the tempo like Manning wants. Haven't had many fast break opportunities... That is where CMM excels.

Crawford had a 1:8 asst to TO ratio yesterday. And somehow, I still haven't felt better about a Wake guard in a long time.

He seems to have great instincts and a knack for the ball. His teammates need to be expecting the pass because its coming (should help with those turnovers). He's a fierce competitor and goes 120% all the time. And, thank god, he's clutch down the stretch and has the ability to take over games..

He is WAY ahead of where I thought he would be at this point. I assume he will hit the Freshman wall in late-February, but he is incredibly promising for our program.

I have to imagine the speed of the game from HS to college is mind numbing. That said, consider how good BC13 will look once he fully acclimates to D1 basketball.

Most excited any of us have been in a long, long time.

Are we thinking that Crawford starts at the two when CMM gets back, or do we start MW for shooting purposes?

Crawford is a PG. He is best with the ball in his hands. When he starts the offense from the left side of the court like Chil used to, good things happen. Please don't put him at SG.

Yeah I'm curious about this as well. That's the lineup I'd use but Manning seems to put a lot of stock in experience and knowing the system. If CMM comes back at 100% (or close to it) I could see him bringing Crawford and Collins in off the bench together.

Love that he is willing to take the last shot, a la Sam Cassell. Ben Simmons is a fabulous talent but he passed the ball away twice in the last 10 seconds last night when his teammates were looking for him to win the game.

At this point, we have to assume Van Horn takes some of McClinton's minutes in the rotation as well.

I felt pretty good about Crawford with the ball in his hands last night late in the game. That should open up everybody in clutch situations.

If I am McClinton, I'm more worried about Hudson and Collins than VanHorn. CMM returning should push Wilbekin into VanHorn's spot.

I think I get what you are saying... Manning has shown he likes VanHorn to get minutes and will probably get him into games even once everyone is back. I just can't see it (outside of an injury / foul trouble).

Crawford is a PG. He is best with the ball in his hands. When he starts the offense from the left side of the court like Chil used to, good things happen. Please don't put him at SG.

Yes, he's clearly a PG. But CMM isn't losing minutes in his senior year. I think Crawford can excel at SG. He'll probably get a lot of minutes at both. SG w/ CMM on the court, PG for the 5-10 minutes a game that CMM rests.

IIRC, Crawford had an injury during his junior year in HS and kept him out of some of the AAU Summer events before his senior year. That impacted his recruiting rankings, but Crawford is legit, and he is so fun to watch. Love his size (not many college backcourts can handle CMM and Crawford at the same time). Fear that turnovers are going to be a problem all year for him, and will cost some games, but very excited to have him. The list of awesome DC basketball players of the year is almost endless; Melo Trimble, Quinn Cook, Victor Oladipo, Kevin Durant.

As for end of games, great that WF will have both the option to have Crawford or CMM take the last shot. A dilemma for opposing defenses. If they double one, the other gets the ball.

WF will play more 3 guard lineups when CMM comes back.

Yes, he's clearly a PG. But CMM isn't losing minutes in his senior year. I think Crawford can excel at SG. He'll probably get a lot of minutes at both. SG w/ CMM on the court, PG for the 5-10 minutes a game that CMM rests.

Not sure that it matters all that much in Manning's offense, but Crawford should play point. Kind of a Trimble/Dez Wells scenario for Wake this year. I think by the time we hit ACC play Crawford ends up starting at PG with CMM at the 2. Codi not being a deep threat won't matter considering we'll have Dinos, Hudson, and Crawford who can all hit from deep. But Crawford's passing is just on a different level than Codi's. Once he gets the turnovers under control my guess is that choice becomes pretty easy.

Crawford passing it to Codi as he cuts to the basket has crazy potential.

If I am McClinton, I'm more worried about Hudson and Collins than VanHorn. CMM returning should push Wilbekin into VanHorn's spot.

I think I get what you are saying... Manning has shown he likes VanHorn to get minutes and will probably get him into games even once everyone is back. I just can't see it (outside of an injury / foul trouble).

If I am McClinton I'm worried about a lot of things right now, but he needs to focus tremendously on his defense because right now it's the worst on the team. If that doesn't improve then he probably will lose minutes to TVH too.

IIRC, Crawford had an injury during his junior year in HS and kept him out of some of the AAU Summer events before his senior year. That impacted his recruiting rankings, but Crawford is legit, and he is so fun to watch. Love his size (not many college backcourts can handle CMM and Crawford at the same time). Fear that turnovers are going to be a problem all year for him, and will cost some games, but very excited to have him. The list of awesome DC basketball players of the year is almost endless; Melo Trimble, Quinn Cook, Victor Oladipo, Kevin Durant.

As for end of games, great that WF will have both the option to have Crawford or CMM take the last shot. A dilemma for opposing defenses. If they double one, the other gets the ball.

An interesting sidenote to last night is that Coach Crean recruited Crawford for a while as his No. 1 priority at PG, so I'm sure that was fun for him to watch Crawford do that at the end.

What was that link to the +/- numbers? Very curious to see how McClinton versus TVH went last night.

I said this on the game thread, but what like most about Crawford is that his mistakes are fixable (decision making, technique, etc.), and his best attributes are completely uncoachable (vision, confidence, etc.). I think the future is bright for this kid.

I agree. He just tries to do too much at times. He will get better once he gets acclimated.

Singles, doubles..

If I am McClinton I'm worried about a lot of things right now, but he needs to focus tremendously on his defense because right now it's the worst on the team. If that doesn't improve then he probably will lose minutes to TVH too.

I have to think defense is the sole reason TVH is getting so many minutes. Manning must think that poorly of McClinton's defense. There's no other explanation, really. TVH brings zero offensively.

That being said there were times when both McClinton and TVH were on the court at the same time. We are just extremely thin right now without Crab.

I have to think defense is the sole reason TVH is getting so many minutes. Manning must think that poorly of McClinton's defense. There's no other explanation, really. TVH brings zero offensively.

That being said there were times when both McClinton and TVH were on the court at the same time. We are just extremely thin right now without Crab.

I focused in on his defense last night and it truly is not good. He doesn't rotate, he doesn't close out, sometimes in man he is just lost and almost seems to be playing a zone, and he can't stay in front of his guy worth anything.

I'm not trying to keep putting him down, but when you are losing minutes to a walk-on who hasn't scored in the past 50+ minutes then it is probably a cause for concern.

peegs (IU's site) has a thread in which at least one poster mentions the interest they had in Crawford (after some idiot called BC "unheralded.").

I almost ripped my radio out of the car when he launched that 2nd half three (can't remember exactly how late it was).

Back