• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant. DeJuan. Crawford.

Not sure that it matters all that much in Manning's offense, but Crawford should play point. Kind of a Trimble/Dez Wells scenario for Wake this year. I think by the time we hit ACC play Crawford ends up starting at PG with CMM at the 2. Codi not being a deep threat won't matter considering we'll have Dinos, Hudson, and Crawford who can all hit from deep. But Crawford's passing is just on a different level than Codi's. Once he gets the turnovers under control my guess is that choice becomes pretty easy.

Crawford passing it to Codi as he cuts to the basket has crazy potential.

It's sure nice to have two guys who can play PG at a high level. Would have been a great asset in 2005-06...

I almost ripped my radio out of the car when he launched that 2nd half three (can't remember exactly how late it was).

In fairness, that was a decent look after good ball movement in the flow of the offense. I don't question his decision making with the ball. If you're on the floor you have to be prepared to inevitably take a shot once in a while. I just don't expect him to make any.

We are essentially choosing to take a zero on offense to make up for the fact that we can't defend from the wing. That's our current situation down two starters. But honestly, when he comes back, Crab better be ready to D-up or I'm guessing manning will sit him plenty as well.

I almost ripped my radio out of the car when he launched that 2nd half three (can't remember exactly how late it was).

No.

In fairness, that was a decent look after good ball movement in the flow of the offense. I don't question his decision making with the ball. If you're on the floor you have to be prepared to inevitably take a shot once in a while. I just don't expect him to make any.

We are essentially choosing to take a zero on offense to make up for the fact that we can't defend from the wing. That's our current situation down two starters. But honestly, when he comes back, Crab better be ready to D-up or I'm guessing manning will sit him plenty as well.

Exactly; the offensive play left him open on the wing. Somebody contested it. It was a good shot -- in and out. If he's on the court, he has to be willing to shoot it.

I have to think defense is the sole reason TVH is getting so many minutes. Manning must think that poorly of McClinton's defense. There's no other explanation, really. TVH brings zero offensively.

That being said there were times when both McClinton and TVH were on the court at the same time. We are just extremely thin right now without Crab.

Any time that ANY of Crawford, Wilbekin, or McClinton are out of the game, then VanHorn is going to be in the game. Right now, he is the only sub we have for those three positions. If each of those guys sits out 3 minutes per half, then VanHorn has to play 18 minutes. It will be such a huge difference when Hudson and CMM are back.

Collins plus minus must have been -15 for the first half because he was on the floor during our big run at the end when we were down 9

Point taken. I didn't see it - I was listening.

Collins a -6 in 13 minutes. Could the 4 fouls be the reason?

Collins plus minus must have been -15 for the first half because he was on the floor during our big run at the end when we were down 9

This is your answer.

http://www.scacchoops.com/wake-forest-at-indiana-basketball-live-stats-11232015

McClinton was -4, TVH was -2.

+/- was really weird haha. Devin Thomas dominated, when he wasn't on the court we were awful.

If you look at the lineup +/-, the two worst lineups were Collins and Dinos without DT. Collins and DT were together in the +7 lineup which includes the run at the end.

It just occurred to me that you could probably do a regression including minutes and lineup +/- that would yield a sort of "true +/-" measure independent of teammates.

A crude way to do it would be to treat each lineup +/- as an equation and solve for each player's contribution.

I have to think defense is the sole reason TVH is getting so many minutes. Manning must think that poorly of McClinton's defense. There's no other explanation, really. TVH brings zero offensively.

That being said there were times when both McClinton and TVH were on the court at the same time. We are just extremely thin right now without Crab.

McClinton really is shockingly bad on defense. And not much of a shooter. I now understand why DM has been playing VH so much.

Maybe not a great shot (I forgot the situation), but it was in and out.

Mclinton hasn't showed me much so far in his career. Crab and Rich Wash may have him sitting next year.

If Collins can play without fouling quite so much, does anyone see him starting over Dinos later in the season given the clear message Manning is sending about the importance of defense?

If Collins can play without fouling quite so much, does anyone see him starting over Dinos later in the season given the clear message Manning is sending about the importance of defense?

What would the rest of that hypothetical line-up look like?

Starting? No.

Taking significant minutes? Yes.

Maryland is in a similar boat - they have an overload of talent at the 4 and 5 and decided to convert Layman from stretch 4 last year to the 3 this year so they can also start Carter and Stone. His skill set seems better suited to it than Dinos, but you could make an argument for giving some floor time to a Crawford/Codi/Dinos/Collins/DT lineup.

As good as Collins has looked, the only reason we had a shot against Indiana was Dinos absolutely dominating the first half. It opened up everything for Devin and Collins in the 2nd. Like Syracuse last year, when Dinos gets it going he really is a game-changer. Collins may be eventually but I don't see him getting there quickly enough to take the starting role from Dinos.

The interesting thing with Mitoglou was how many of his points came in the paint. Syracuse was just him bombing away from 3. He varied his game a good bit yesterday

Maryland is in a similar boat - they have an overload of talent at the 4 and 5 and decided to convert Layman from stretch 4 last year to the 3 this year so they can also start Carter and Stone. His skill set seems better suited to it than Dinos, but you could make an argument for giving some floor time to a Crawford/Codi/Dinos/Collins/DT lineup.

As good as Collins has looked, the only reason we had a shot against Indiana was Dinos absolutely dominating the first half. It opened up everything for Devin and Collins in the 2nd. Like Syracuse last year, when Dinos gets it going he really is a game-changer. Collins may be eventually but I don't see him getting there quickly enough to take the starting role from Dinos.

I forget who it was, but one of the talking heads was talking about how that was going to limit the effectiveness of Layman because the 3 is more suited to guard him than a four would be that he is stretching out.

I would like to see the mentioned lineup of Crawford/CMM/Dinos/Collins/DT, but it doesn't seem like Danny wants to play two guards with those three guys. They have been on the court together for very limited times, even though I think playing Dinos and Collins together would seemingly help both of them in their deficiency. Guess we would have to zone if we went with that lineup though.

The interesting thing with Mitoglou was how many of his points came in the paint. Syracuse was just him bombing away from 3. He varied his game a good bit yesterday

He was able to take his guy off the dribble from the outside. Not sure what Indiana did in the second half to limit him, or if we just went away from him a bit. In the first half he was creating his own shot and creating additional possessions with his rebounding.

He was able to take his guy off the dribble from the outside. Not sure what Indiana did in the second half to limit him, or if we just went away from him a bit. In the first half he was creating his own shot and creating additional possessions with his rebounding.

It seemed to me like we lacked a real offensive identity in the 2nd half, whereas in the 1st half, we were able to create driving lanes by hitting outside shots.

Dinos taking the ball to the rack with his left hand is a great development if he can continue. Really adds balance to his game. He's a dangerous offensive player if he can do that and continue to flash his improved rebounding.

Back