• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BSD highlights Greg McClinton Profile but with a Manning Pic WTF?!?!?!?

To be honest, I'm really not sure what the big deal is by using a generic pic of Danny Manning. It's not like we used a picture of Madison Jones or another player on the team.

Because its not an article about Manning?

We actually don't have access to AP photos. We do have access to Getty Images and USA Today Sports images.

You could use this hilariously mis-captioned one

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...on-fires-up-a-first-half-news-photo/478174167

478174167-wake-forest-forward-greg-mcclinton-fires-up-gettyimages.jpg

Caption:Wake Forest forward Greg McClinton (11) fires up a first half shot over Wake Forest forward Tyler Cavanaugh (34). Wake Forest battled ACC newcomer Notre Dame in the opening game of the ACC tournament in Greensboro, N.C., Wednesday, March 12, 2014. (Chuck Liddy/Raleigh News & Observer/MCT via Getty Images)

If Greg can hit threes consistently, it will be a huge plus.

OOOOOOPPPPS Doofus. Yeah we just have access to whatever deals SBNation has.

And so you propose we enlist someone on campus to go track down Greg McClinton and ask him to take a picture while granting us rights to use it so that we could put the picture up on our blog? That's certainly....one option.....

I mean yeah, isn't that how journalists normally handle these sorts of things when doing an "exclusive" story, especially if they are already on the scene? You don't see a newspaper reporting about a particular fire but including a stock photo of a different fire.

I mean yeah, isn't that how journalists normally handle these sorts of things when doing an "exclusive" story, especially if they are already on the scene? You don't see a newspaper reporting about a particular fire but including a stock photo of a different fire.

This was a preseason four paragraph write up by a dude living in Boston on a blog about a freshman basketball player. This wasn't some exclusive long form story chronicling Greg McClinton's life-long journey to Wake Forest.

I agree that it's a pointless throwaway article.

Somewhere the site has a picture of Greg. Either no pic or a pic of Greg.

And you know I like your site.

Next time we will go with the default background for an article.

Thanks for all the constructive criticism.

Hey, at least this thread has gotten you a bunch more clicks than you would have gotten otherwise.

I agree that it's a pointless throwaway article.

Where else are you going to get this delicious tidbit about Greg's game:

"Slated in by many as a starter, McClinton has the ability to get down the lane off the dribble with an explosive first step while he is equally as comfortable stepping out and shooting a jumper, including from outside the arc. "

Next time we will go with the default background for an article.

Thanks for all the constructive criticism.

You could have even done a Deacon basketball pic.

Or of you schooling Numbers.

Where else are you going to get this delicious tidbit about Greg's game:

"Slated in by many as a starter, McClinton has the ability to get down the lane off the dribble with an explosive first step while he is equally as comfortable stepping out and shooting a jumper, including from outside the arc. "

Oh man, now I know what to look for!

I thought about getting a round trip ticket and quitting my internship to do a three-week, around-the-clock interview where I lived with Greg and tapped into his inner-most fears, dreams, and insecurities, but ultimately decided that wasn't in my best interest and instead decided to dedicate roughly an hour of my life to turn Greg McClinton the abstract form in the minds of Wake fans to a real-life character with an actual skill set. I see I fell short of my goal and will now do the only honorable thing left: seppuku.

Back