• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Build your ultimate WF team for $15

I understand the spirit of the challenge and didn't have Childress because of the $15 limitation. Had CP3 and Duncan.

Having said this. Childress set an ACCT record for most points scored that I think still stands (final 3 days) and hit the biggest clutch shot in Wake basketball in probably the last 40+ years. Perhaps in the history of Wake basketball.

Applebee, ROK, Jake, Rodney, John Collins

Last edited:
Duncan seems like a no brainer, but in todays game you would have to surround him with shooters and there are no shooters at the 4 spot
Rogers was a good outside shooter. He'd be even better in today's game.

Songaila had a reliable jumper at the time and shot well from 3 in limited attempts. He'd be a deadly stretch 4 nowadays.

Or you could disrespect the columns and put JJ at the 4 like I did or put LaRavia at the 4 too.

The ACC Championships teams were Duncan surrounded by shooters as well. So it's not just today's game.

The only teams that stand a chance to win have Duncan at the five. He eliminates any threat around the rim. It would take about 10 minutes to strike fear of the paint into everyone else. Put Howard on the perimeter and that becomes a bad neighborhood as well. Duncan is one of the ten best to have ever played the game of basketball. There is an enormous difference between him and every other player available, and there is some real talent to choose from.

Add Bogues to the lineup and there is nowhere for a player to hide. Heads don't swivel sufficiently to feel any comfort when possessing the basketball.

I understand the spirit of the challenge and didn't have Childress because of the $15 limitation. Had CP3 and Duncan.

Having said this. Childress set an ACCT record for most points scored that I think still stands (final 3 days) and hit the biggest clutch shot in Wake basketball in probably the last 40+ years. Perhaps in the history of Wake basketball.

Childress record still stands. No one has scored more in a single ACC Tournament, even with the tourney being expanded and teams playing more than 3 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it goes against the rules of this thing, but I'd take CP3 & Duncan and then just fill the other 3 spots with the best available shooters (preferably with size & defensive skill).

So your columns are meaningless to me... I need a shooter in the 4th column. There are none.

Or you could read my response to MDMH that debunked his post. Rogers and Songaila work fine as shooters at the 4.

Or you could read my response to MDMH that debunked his post. Rogers and Songaila work fine as shooters at the 4.

Nah.

Not the kind of shooters I was referring to, though Rogers would be pretty solid at the 4 on that team.

Songaila is probably my all-time favorite Deac, but I'd rather play LaRavia at the 4 (or even Monsanto).

Rodney Rogers was a good NBA player but he would be even more valuable today because he turned himself into a really good 3 point shooter . His 6th man of the year award was when he shot 43% from 3. He would have been a problem in today's nba.

In my version of this, I can supplement with a bench of any three 90’s or later players not on the grid.

So I’ll add Damari, Rusty and Taron to my lineup and never lose a game.

How much extra do I have to pay to shoehorn Muggsy into this lineup

Nah.

Not the kind of shooters I was referring to, though Rogers would be pretty solid at the 4 on that team.

Songaila is probably my all-time favorite Deac, but I'd rather play LaRavia at the 4 (or even Monsanto).

In today’s game, they’d be like the shooters you want.

No offense to thomas, moore, visser and CJ but lot missing from 1990 forward (no particular order):

Downey
Larue
Banks
Peral
LD
Dawson
King
Tucker

And 1980 forward:
F. Johnson
Muggsy
D Young
Rudd
Teachey
Greene

I can barely remember Rogers in a WF uniform and have no recollection of King, so that's where I cut it off. Visser and C.J. were All-ACC, which none of the others on your list were.

The only teams that stand a chance to win have Duncan at the five. He eliminates any threat around the rim. It would take about 10 minutes to strike fear of the paint into everyone else. Put Howard on the perimeter and that becomes a bad neighborhood as well. Duncan is one of the ten best to have ever played the game of basketball. There is an enormous difference between him and every other player available, and there is some real talent to choose from.

Add Bogues to the lineup and there is nowhere for a player to hide. Heads don't swivel sufficiently to feel any comfort when possessing the basketball.

J-Ho was the hardest one to leave off for me, but thought LaRavia at $2 was arguably the biggest value on the board, and I liked him quite a bit better than Tree, who apparently has no pictures of himself in a WF uniform anywhere on the Internet. RoRo also won ACC POY over Grant Hill, Bobby Hurley, Eric Montross, Sam Cassell, and Bob Sura, so it's hard to pass him up.

I agree. I would move CP3 to the $5 and Childress over the the SG column.

This is my biggest regret. I started at the top left and couldn't see fit to move Chill to SG given his ball dominance. As I fleshed it out and positions got increasingly nebulous, I should have gone back and moved him over.

Back