• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Build your ultimate WF team for $15

Rodney Rogers was a good NBA player but he would be even more valuable today because he turned himself into a really good 3 point shooter . His 6th man of the year award was when he shot 43% from 3. He would have been a problem in today's nba.
Yeah, but he shot 35% his junior year of college, which isn't bad, but not extremely reliable either.

Yeah, but he shot 35% his junior year of college, which isn't bad, but not extremely reliable either.
Durin Roro's career, threes were more of a change of pace novelty, not a staple of teams' offense. I suspect he would have put more effort in and been much better if there was more emphasis on making threes.

Or I could have just read what MDMH posted and given him a like instead of repeating his point.
I actually think Farouq was athletic enough and talented enough that if he had grown up 5-7 years later he would have been a legit 3 and D guy. He was a guy I wrestled with at the 4

I think Farouqs failings as an NBA player were that he hit the league at a time where it was transitioning towards 3 and D and he had the D without the 3. And by the time he figured it out there were younger guys that could do it better

Agreed. He entered the league at a time the traditional PF position hadn’t really started to become obsolete. He was considered a tweener. Nowadays he’d be a big wing and would have to be able to handle the ball, shoot from deep, and guard 3 or 4 positions.

Back