• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullied 10 Year Old Girl Commits Suicide

How does a 10 year old even think to commit suicide, let alone know how to hang herself? What the hell is wrong with this world?

How does a 10 year old even think to commit suicide, let alone know how to hang herself? What the hell is wrong with this world?
joepaterno.jpg

Thats what I was thinking. Growing up, kid who were bullied would get fed up with it and then fight the bully. I'm not sure how or when that changed to suicide, but its quite alarming.

i wondered that too.

it's just so awful how terrible kids are to each other. and there's really only one place that they can learn at that age how to treat others...their families had to have taught them that it's alright to say those things.

Thats what I was thinking. Growing up, kid who were bullied would get fed up with it and then fight the bully. I'm not sure how or when that changed to suicide, but its quite alarming.

Yeah. I agree this is tragic but I think it's the result of turning the children of this country into a bunch of pussies. My high school in Florida had a lot of hazing. One day a senior came up to me and tried to rub his bare ass against me. I slammed that mothefuckers head into a locker and nobody said shit again.

Is suicide from bullying something new? I mean bullying in elementary, middle, and high school has been going on since the beginning of school itself, when did suicide enter as a consequence of bullying?

Yeah. I agree this is tragic but I think it's the result of turning the children of this country into a bunch of pussies. My high school in Florida had a lot of hazing. One day a senior came up to me and tried to rub his bare ass against me. I slammed that mothefuckers head into a locker and nobody said shit again.

What a vagina.

Suicide rates for children and teens were dropping between 1997 and 2007. This isn't a new thing. It just makes the news now.

Where the Hell do these ghost kids keep coming from? All they do is sit in a corner and cry. No initiative. I tell them to go scare the shit out of someone and they will feel better, but they just sit in the corner and cry.

Oooooooooooo. They drew on me. At our "Fish Fry" they threw fuckig batteries at us.

Why are the older brothers and sisters of America sleeping on the job? My sister bullied me so much growing up it made the school bullies look bush league. I spent more time at school just cause the bullying was more tolerable.

Sadly I think this is very true. We are so conditioned to not resort to violence that kids especially don't see another avenue. They are taught to turn tail and run from trouble at all costs rather than engaging.

I am pretty non-confrontational to be honest, but sometimes you have to stand up for yourself.

Same sort of thing happened to me back in elementary school. Kid two grades ahead of me kept fucking with me on the playground. (Kids in my grades never did because I was usally bigger than all of them.)

Anyway he knocked me out of a swing one day and I calmly stood up, walked over to him, grabbed his arm and whipped him into the swingset frame. End of the issue.

Sadly I think this is very true. We are so conditioned to not resort to violence that kids especially don't see another avenue. They are taught to turn tail and run from trouble at all costs rather than engaging.

I am pretty non-confrontational to be honest, but sometimes you have to stand up for yourself.

Same sort of thing happened to me back in elementary school. Kid two grades ahead of me kept fucking with me on the playground. (Kids in my grades never did because I was usally bigger than all of them.)

Anyway he knocked me out of a swing one day and I calmly stood up, walked over to him, grabbed his arm and whipped him into the swingset frame. End of the issue.
I blame those columbine kids.

Completely agree. My girlfriend was watching a show on bullying on Dr. Phil a couple of weeks ago. The techniques they were teaching these kids would only empower a bully more. It was ridiculous. Just step up and punch the fucking kid in the face.

Back