• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

you seem to come on here and defend the same ridiculous shit these midwestern trump voters believe and accept as truth. :noidea:

I just think it's pretty dumb for alumni of a school in the south, particularly if those alumni actually live in the south, to blame the election of Trump on "midwestern rubes." Look in the mirror and look at an electoral map.

I just think it's pretty dumb for alumni of a school in the south, particularly if those alumni actually live in the south, to blame the election of Trump on "midwestern rubes." Look in the mirror and look at an electoral map.

so which Southern state outside of NC had a chance of not going rube?

so which Southern state outside of NC had a chance of not going rube?

So the defense is that because some of the midwestern states only have a moderate percentage of rubes rather than being entirely comprised of rubes, that excuses the Southern states? And to answer your question, the northern half of Florida is southern. Miami, Dade, and Ft. Lauderdale overwhelmingly went Clinton. And Clinton campaigned full blast in our beloved NC. Remember the rally at the Joel? And NC had gone blue twice for Obama.

Last edited:
the South is hopeless outside of maybe GA one day and hopefully NC. Florida is its own thing (I grew up in the Panhandle and it's definitely the South, but the whole state is an entity separate from the South).

the election definitely hinged on MI, WI, and PA.

the South is hopeless outside of maybe GA one day and hopefully NC. Florida is its own thing (I grew up in the Panhandle and it's definitely the South, but the whole state is an entity separate from the South).

the election definitely hinged on MI, WI, and PA.

You're somewhat mistaken. The election hinged on those states in retrospect because people expected them to be blue and Hillary wasn't campaigning as much there. It was a surprise they went for Trump. Hillary was campaigning hard in Ohio, NC, and FL. If any of those states had gone for Hillary, she's president regardless of MI, WI, and PA.

Right and people underestimated the amount of rubes who were promised shiny things in those states. Hence why Trump won them. Hence the Midwestern rubes dig. We thought they were smarter but we were wrong.

You're somewhat mistaken. The election hinged on those states in retrospect because people expected them to be blue and Hillary wasn't campaigning as much there. It was a surprise they went for Trump. Hillary was campaigning hard in Ohio, NC, and FL. If any of those states had gone for Hillary, she's president regardless of MI, WI, and PA.

She would have needed FL and one of NC or OH.

Right and people underestimated the amount of rubes who were promised shiny things in those states. Hence why Trump won them. Hence the Midwestern rubes dig. We thought they were smarter but we were wrong.

Empty promises. Duped by a con man.

But not as dumb as the South by your estimation, which was never in doubt.

They will get nothing and like it. Fucking idiots, all you had to do is look at the 3500 fraud cases against Trump to know he is full of shit. They let their bigotry and hatred for Dems to make a deal with the devil and shocked to see they got fucked.

It just blows my mind that a lot of people actually believe the shit this guy says. Gotta hand it to him, he has single handedly debunked those people who have always trumpeted the American electorate as smart.

Not disagreeing that it is archaic, but how many times has it produced the wrong result? Clinton/Trump, Gore/Bush and Tilden/Hayes, right? 1824 doesn't count because it was a 4 way race, and Clay threw his support to JQA to put him over the top. And 2000 wouldn't have mattered either if it weren't for Nader throwing FL in the Bush column.

Just because it doesn’t fuck up that often doesn’t mean it is necessary or a good idea.

I was thinking about how sailor always calls liberals "lubes" as some weird kind of false equivalency for the rubes. So I came up with a good alternative for the pubs: "pubes".

Sailor is a pube.

michdeac’s defensiveness about shitty midwestern states is cute

Back