• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Last edited:
Trump: NFL players who don't stand during National Anthem maybe 'shouldn't be in the country'

Trump's comments start at about 1:25. I like that you have to stand "proudly" now-is he gunning for Thought Police?
Shaun King:

Another reason it was ridiculous for the NFL owners to cave to Trump, he's not going to give up the bit because it is part of the culture war that he wants to leverage. So he'll go after the players that stay in the locker room. And the players that will undoubtedly protest anyway. And there will likely be more of them because of this policy.

people are so fucking dumb about trump. why do they get scared of this fraud? He's harmless if you call his bluff, clearly.

Well I’m not standing for that shit anymore. Maybe I’ll sing oh Canada during it l. It’s a stupid controversy that deserves an equally stupid response

Just because it doesn’t fuck up that often doesn’t mean it is necessary or a good idea.

I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out the few times it's actually made a difference and taking a gratuitous shot at Nader.

people are so fucking dumb about trump. why do they get scared of this fraud? He's harmless if you call his bluff, clearly.

Yeah, the NFL shot itself in the foot yesterday and gave Trump the opportunity to move the goalposts further, which he gladly did. The NFL was better off not addressing the issue and letting sleeping dogs lie. It became less a thing as last season wore on with most players and owners figuring out it wasn't good for either side's bottom line. I kinda like the standing and interlocking arms approach that some teams started to take. As a group, NFL owners and Goodell are far from savvy when it comes to PR. Can't believe Goodell makes the kind of money he makes and is this bad at PR on a consistent basis.

Yeah, the NFL shot itself in the foot yesterday and gave Trump the opportunity to move the goalposts further, which he gladly did. The NFL was better off not addressing the issue and letting sleeping dogs lie. It became less a thing as last season wore on with most players and owners figuring out it wasn't good for either side's bottom line. I kinda like the standing and interlocking arms approach that some teams started to take. As a group, NFL owners and Goodell are far from savvy when it comes to PR. Can't believe Goodell makes the kind of money he makes and is this bad at PR on a consistent basis.

This. I love how Trump supporters don't want the government or establishment interfering with the free market or "coming into our homes"...unless of course it's keeping minorities from holding a harmless, quiet protest during a game.

Last edited:

This. I love how Trump supporters don't want the government or establishment interfering with the free market or "coming into our homes"...unless of course it's keeping minorities from holding a harmless, quiet protest during a game.

Yeah, and how that peaceful protest of un-American behavior like abuses of power and unequal treatment under the law are somehow not patriotic. Oh wait, that is American behavior. My bad

No doubt. If the NFL thinks this will mollify Trump or his supporters, they're sadly mistaken. All they did was to piss off the players and Trump critics, and I doubt that anybody who stopped watching because of this issue will suddenly return next season. If most of the players simply stay in their locker rooms during the anthem (which is what they all did until about 8 or 9 years ago), Trump will simply tweet and complain about that, and demand that all players be forced to come on to the field for the anthem, and his cult followers will join in and demand the same. The next NFL season will be interesting, for sure.

Last edited:
No doubt. If the NFL thinks this will mollify Trump or his supporters, they're sadly mistaken. All they did was to piss off the players and Trump critics, and I doubt that anybody who stopped watching because of this issue will suddenly return next season. If most of the players simply stay in their locker rooms during the anthem (which is what they all did until about 8 or 9 years ago), Trump will simply tweet and complain about that, and demand that all players be forced to come on to the field for the anthem, and his cult followers will join in and demand the same. The next NFL season will be interesting, for sure.

I really want to see what happens if everyone who was kneeling decided to take a minute during every post game press conference to address racial inequality. I'm guessing the Trumpites would be furious, even though there is nothing even slightly unpatriotic in the messaging and they probably don't remember a single thing uttered at a post game presser for more than a day after it happened.

Yep.

“First of all, I gotta thank God for putting me in the position to make that catch. Second, let me take a minute to discuss police brutality.”

Lol. This fucking guy.

If I'm a non white person who lives in a poor area in Detroit or Chicago or a myriad of other cities, that quote scares the shit out of me.

Because this board is a place of importance for some people

More like because Palma doesn’t have shit else to do.

how do people watch this and not think he's endearing/personable?

Back