• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

How about a moat, filled with sharks with lasers strapped to them?

Screenshot-20181221-110543-Twitter.jpg

Batshit insane.

No guarantee of back pay, but every time there’s been a shut down they get paid later.

If you're essential and forced to work, you will get paid.

If you're furloughed, there's no guarantee, but it typically happens.

If you're essential and forced to work, you will get paid.

If you're furloughed, there's no guarantee, but it typically happens.

Yeah, but Congress has to approve it, even for those forced to work without pay.

Fortunately, my understanding is that the Federal pay period ends today and paychecks for federal employees will go out on December 31 for their work already completed regardless of a shutdown. So little Susie should get all her presents but after that who knows.

Saw where a PA congressman was saying that federal workers could easily go without a paycheck for a few weeks or months. This is despite like 78% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck and a large segment of federal workers being paid less than 40,000 a year.

Yeah, but Congress has to approve it, even for those forced to work without pay.

Fortunately, my understanding is that the Federal pay period ends today and paychecks for federal employees will go out on December 31 for their work already completed regardless of a shutdown. So little Susie should get all her presents but after that who knows.

Pretty sure it's illegal to make someone work and not pay them for it.

My wife is a federal employee and the rules they always passed onto staff is essential employees will get paid at some point in the future. Furloughed employees have no guarantee of back pay.

Payday is next Friday, December 28th for the pay period ending tomorrow December 22.

Who could have seen this coming?

$20 bet: In the next week, Trump claims he never said that he would take responsibility for the shutdown. Any takers?

Federal student loan payments still are due on the non shutdown schedule. Good thing government employees don't have any student loans.

Pretty sure it's illegal to make someone work and not pay them for it.

My wife is a federal employee and the rules they always passed onto staff is essential employees will get paid at some point in the future. Furloughed employees have no guarantee of back pay.

I looked it up, according to Bloomberg news, you are correct, essential employees in these departments are guaranteed pay but will not receive paychecks until the Department of Treasury reopens, when ever that is. Non-essential employees are not guaranteed pay during the furlough but always have received back-pay. My error, sorry. I have lots of colleagues and friends in federal positions in Department of Ag and Department of Interior and several of them have posted on Social Media that paychecks are expected at the end of the month for this current pay period, but thereafter, who knows.

I looked it up, according to Bloomberg news, you are correct, essential employees in these departments are guaranteed pay but will not receive paychecks until the Department of Treasury reopens, when ever that is. Non-essential employees are not guaranteed pay during the furlough but always have received back-pay. My error, sorry. I have lots of colleagues and friends in federal positions in Department of Ag and Department of Interior and several of them have posted on Social Media that paychecks are expected at the end of the month for this current pay period, but thereafter, who knows.

My wife also told me that after the last shutdown that VA is paid differently now, so they don't have to worry about shutdowns and still get paid. I don't know the details.

My wife who is a VA essential employee just received notice that she will be paid on time regardless of shutdown

Back