• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Keeping the military apolitical starts at home.

And they love it. They hand him their MAGA hats and blow their covert operations for a picture.

These are the folks that couldn’t get an exemption like Trump did. Edited in that I know there is no draft but man these are some idiots.

I get why some military folks might naturally gravitate towards the pubs, but the consequences of a politicized military are just as bad for the troops as they are for the rest of us. You want the guy/gal flying close air support or commanding your brigade to be there because s/he is excellent at the job, not because Daddy is a big political donor.

I get why some military folks might naturally gravitate towards the pubs, but the consequences of a politicized military are just as bad for the troops as they are for the rest of us. You want the guy/gal flying close air support or commanding your brigade to be there because s/he is excellent at the job, not because Daddy is a big political donor.

Commanding the brigade maybe, but big political donors (in most cases) wouldn't be putting their kids in any sort of combat situation. They would likely be put into support roles with little chance of harm to themselves, but where incompetence can be deadly to those actually in the line of fire.

Don't those people typically fly in the Texas Air National Guard, not actual combat?

Don't those people typically fly in the Texas Air National Guard, not actual combat?

And it's not just the super-wealthy conservatives who did this sort of thing. I have relatives in small-town NC who avoided Vietnam duty by serving in the NC National Guard during the mid-to-late 60s. What's frustrating is that today they're gung-ho pro-military Trumpites who will go on long rants about how unpatriotic LibDems "hate the military" and won't support it, yet I know from listening to other relatives that these same macho patriots were scared shitless of going to Vietnam, and found a way out. Not that I blame them, but the hypocrisy and self-delusion is rich.

What I said. People who get mad a Trump for holding political rallies with troops overseas should be angry about Republicans using troops as political props at home.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/30/politics/lindsey-graham-isis-syria-trump/index.html

"Washington (CNN)Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham says President Donald Trump now understands what is at stake in Syria and has agreed to slowing, for now, his plans to immediately withdraw all US troops from Syria"

After a lunch he now understands what's at stake in Syria? And he's backing off his "cutting and running" declaration. Awesome. Is it better to be incompetent or spineless?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/30/politics/lindsey-graham-isis-syria-trump/index.html

"Washington (CNN)Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham says President Donald Trump now understands what is at stake in Syria and has agreed to slowing, for now, his plans to immediately withdraw all US troops from Syria"

After a lunch he now understands what's at stake in Syria? And he's backing off his "cutting and running" declaration. Awesome. Is it better to be incompetent or spineless?

It’s good to have a president with such strong convictions who only acts after carefully weighing all sides.

Also, tough loss on General McChrystal.

Back