• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buy or Sell Aminu being in NBA in 5 years

Ariza's not a bad player.

No, but he's a mediocre, 26 year old journeyman SF who does nothing particularly well. If Aminu works as hard as Ariza in practice, he should be able to take his spot.

I always thought Ariza was a great defender. I'll defer to bmoney though.

I wonder how many guys who average under 5 rebounds and under 2 assists for their career have had a triple double

ariza has parlayed one good shooting postseason (a statistical anomoly) to being a household name. he's not a bad 5th starter on a team with multiple offensive weapons because he can play some defense (especially when he's not getting touches on the other end), he can make an open shot with his feet set, and he can OREB. however, any time he has the ball in his hands for more than 3 or so seconds, it is a win for the defense. you will either see a contested 21' jump shot which has no chance or a flailing layup that has little chance.

ariza has parlayed one good shooting postseason (a statistical anomoly) to being a household name. he's not a bad 5th starter on a team with multiple offensive weapons because he can play some defense (especially when he's not getting touches on the other end), he can make an open shot with his feet set, and he can OREB. however, any time he has the ball in his hands for more than 3 or so seconds, it is a win for the defense. you will either see a contested 21' jump shot which has no chance or a flailing layup that has little chance.

Ariza isn't a household name to anyone outside of his family.

Obviously buy. He is still very young for the NBA. People were eager to write this kind of stuff about Teague too, and now he is doing a good job in his 3rd year in the league and first year starting for the Hawks.

Buy or Sell:

Aminu will end up having a better NBA career than Josh Howard.

Buy or Sell:

Aminu will end up having a better NBA career than Josh Howard.

I'm going to sell that one. At his peak Josh was a 20 and 7 guy that played defense and was an All Star. That's a pretty high ceiling.

yeah thats like trying to compare Obama to Mitt Romney. Josh was the 2nd best player on a title contending team.

Had a PER over 15 his first two seasons, then 19, 20, 18, 17 injury.

It looks like a guy named "Trey Johnson" took some minutes from Aminu last night. Not good.

Last edited:
Yah but Josh had a pretty brief peak. Was he just a one-time All-Star? I think Aminu could end up having a better overrall career.

jim_cramer_pounding_the_table_buy_buy_buy.jpg

I mean, five years is kind of a silly "buy or sell" because he was a lottery pick. With very few exceptions, lotto guys make it at least five years. If you up it to 9, then I bet there'd be more sells. Especially since he hasn't gotten any better since he left Wake...

He's a 21 year old that rebounds above the league average and has shown an ability to hits threes. He's a solid defender. I think he'll play 10+ years, either as rotation guy or as a guy filling out the end of a bench. Same as James Johnson. Guys like that always have work in the NBA, and Aminu's got soft hands and a nice shot to boot. I have no problem saying he'll have a long NBA career. I don't think he's really found his niche yet.

Back