• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buy or Sell Aminu being in NBA in 5 years

Aminu entered the NBA with great potential and he still has great potential....but the whole nba knew he was a project (kinda like bismack biyombo) so give it a while....dont forget this nba season is only 60 some games long so this season shouldnt count as a full season

Aminu started tonight for the Hornets. 15 points, 12 boards, 4 steals. 2-4 from three and 5-6 from the stripe.

The players get paid more but this job is not much different than most. You work hard and improve you will do better and move up. If you are just happy to be there and glad you have a pay check you can hang around for quite a few years until people get tired of your act.

Rusty LaRue has an NBA championship ring, it you asked me during his Sr. year would he ever play a day in the NBA I would have said no. Not only does he have a championship ring he played enough games to earn an NBA pension. Just goes to show you what hard work can do for you in the NBA.

After tonight, I picked him up on my fantasy team. We'll see what happens... I want to believe. I'm not expecting a ton. I picked him over Danny Green, though, who is a pretty nice pick-up in a 20-team league, so that's gotta mean something despite my cynicism. Right?

That's an amazing line. Almost 2 points per shot and as many steals as TOs.

Teague with 6-8 shooting, 8 assists, 5 steals and 0 TO's in a 30 minute of dismantling of the Bulls with a +27

I always read Hollinger talking about how well Teague is progressing and then as soon as they play a big time game on a national broadcast (aside from last year's playoffs) he stinks it up. Actually you could say that about the Hawks in general this year.

Fairly ridiculous that we already know the 8 teams that will be in the Playoffs on the East.

Sixers, Boston, New York, Chicago, Indiana, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta.

Cleveland is 4-3 and terrible, and Toronto is 3-5. Toronto isn't half bad, but I don't see them leapfrogging any of the above teams.

After tonight, I picked him up on my fantasy team. We'll see what happens... I want to believe. I'm not expecting a ton. I picked him over Danny Green, though, who is a pretty nice pick-up in a 20-team league, so that's gotta mean something despite my cynicism. Right?

Did you see Danny Green (I assume this is the Spurs player) went for 24 last night?

FWIW, Green appears to be a difference maker for the Spurs right now. Taking a lot of Manu minutes. Spurs appear to be very high on Green.

Ed Davis has played really well for the Raptors (cept for stinking up the last 2 games) as well. Lawson obviously is breaking out too. UNC having some great success in the NBA lately.

Teague is going to become a monster. Aminu will definitely stick in the NBA. That is all.

Buy.

If Brian Cardinal is still in the NBA, I am confident AFA can have a long and successful NBA career.

I once heard commentator, Bill Walton, say on air about Brian Cardinal after watching him drain a top of key 3 pointer capping a nice 3-4 minute stretch "And Brian Cardinal playing like the All-Star we all know he is!" what a beaut!

I think the more pressing question is if James Johnson will still be there. Aminu has shown enough promise from the games I've seen him play to suggest that he can develop into a good role player, if not a starter.

I thought JJ would have the most success but it probably would have been wise to stay in school one more year.

I thought JJ would have the most success but it probably would have been wise to stay in school one more year.

24-year-old rookies don't exactly take the world by storm. He had a shot at a guaranteed contract and he took it. I can't blame him...

More likely JJ moves into the starting lineup for Toronto soon. He's always been good on defense, but he slimmed down this offseason and is better than ever. Just needs to play smarter on offense.

Back