• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut Website: FireBz.com. "3 year pattern that needed to be addressed" R Wellman

The site is only meant to serve through the end of the season; I'm confident I'll be able to keep the stats I'm using current. If they are not 'in progress' figures, the explanation of each fact states that. The purpose of this is to minimize clutter & to make sure the emphasis is on the numbers themselves.

That being said, a "Last Updated" box on an indiscreet corner of each page makes sense. Would serve well for people attempting to cite the page for media purposes, etc.

Fair enough. Its easy for me to make suggestions, I don't have to do the work.:wiggle:

I hope that you are right and we only need it through the end of the season. My fear is that we wind up having to update all next season too.

Fair enough. Its easy for me to make suggestions, I don't have to do the work.:wiggle:

I hope that you are right and we only need it through the end of the season. My fear is that we wind up having to update all next season too.

My enthusiasm for this won't last for a year 4.

I added a piece from your recommendation to the front page; see what you think.

Lots of positive feedback but I want this to be 100% a collaborative effort so I hope there will be more posts like yours.

Don't mean to sound like a prude here, but I'm not a fan of the "Fuck You" quote - I find it slightly unbecoming.

Perhaps you could edit it to "F*** you, buddy" or something similar that conveys the point without spelling it out. Some context around that quote might be helpful too (i.e., "As said to a fan of the opposing team").

For the quotes page, Bz had to have said something along the lines of "I'm not going to use youth as an excuse, but we play 7 freshmen". Sadly, I am too lazy to find this myself.

Last edited:
Don't mean to sound like a prude here, but I'm not a fan of the "Fuck You" quote - I find it slightly unbecoming.

Perhaps you could edit it to "F*** you, buddy" or something similar that conveys the point without spelling it out. Some context around that quote might be helpful too (i.e., "As said to a fan of the opposing team").

He didn't say "F*** you, buddy".

The shock value of the verbatim quote is there for the same reason the statistics are.

Look back on my 2,310 posts here and ~5,000 posts on the Scout board and see how many times I've personally used profanity.

This site isn't meant to be a pristine representation of Wake Forest culture; its intended to get rid of somebody that's not.

Agreed with this especially since you're going for the numbers speaking for themselves, a random fuck you seems out of place with no explanation. It seems made up without the Miami fan explanation

Agreed with this especially since you're going for the numbers speaking for themselves, a random fuck you seems out of place with no explanation. It seems made up without the Miami fan explanation

The actual words "Fuck you" are linked to a WSJ article that describes the encounter with quotes from [Redacted] and Wellman themselves.

If somebody can provide a link to the Miami fan's original story, I'll gladly link it along side.

He didn't say "F*** you, buddy".

The shock value of the verbatim quote is there for the same reason the statistics are.

Look back on my 2,310 posts here and ~5,000 posts on the Scout board and see how many times I've personally used profanity.

This site isn't meant to be a pristine representation of Wake Forest culture; its intended to get rid of somebody that's not.

So I misquoted, my bad. I think you can I think censor the quote and provide the shock you're looking for. It doesn't make sense for someone who isn't following the story and doesn't bother to click the link. The collective profanity on this board is, in my opinion, like "locker room" talk amongst friends. We curse and bullshit with each other because of our relative familiarity, but don't act that way around people we're trying to convince to be on our side.

I'm not trying to put you on the defensive; just adding my $.02 in an effort to make this an effective campaign.

Regardless of what you choose to do, thanks for pulling this together.

So I misquoted, my bad. I think you can I think censor the quote and provide the shock you're looking for. It doesn't make sense for someone who isn't following the story and doesn't bother to click the link. The collective profanity on this board is, in my opinion, like "locker room" talk amongst friends. We curse and bullshit with each other because of our relative familiarity, but don't act that way around people we're trying to convince to be on our side.

I'm not trying to put you on the defensive; just adding my $.02 in an effort to make this an effective campaign.

Regardless of what you choose to do, thanks for pulling this together.

No no, I didn't mean to sound defensive. As I've said, the back and forth is encouraged.

You misunderstood my response though; he didn't say "f***"... he said "fuck".

If the point of this website is to open eyes; censoring any form of reality on our side of the argument is counter-productive.

I apologize to parents of young children who have happened to stumble upon an auxiliary page of firebz.com and read a direct quote from Jeff [Redacted].

No no, I didn't mean to sound defensive. As I've said, the back and forth is encouraged.

You misunderstood my response though; he didn't say "f***"... he said "fuck".

If the point of this website is to open eyes; censoring any form of reality on our side of the argument is counter-productive.

I apologize to parents of young children who have happened to stumble upon an auxiliary page of firebz.com and read a direct quote from Jeff [Redacted].

I agree that the word "Fuck" shouldn't be censored. I also agree that more context is needed to that quote, somehow. (Be it parentheses, perhaps, to show that he was addressing a fan of the opposition.)

Who are you people?

don't know if you can do it or not, but a running clock (number of days since) under his last tourney win or his last away acc win might add affect

I would say get rid of the profanity as well. You want to get rid of anything that could be used to delegitimize the information being presented. Like it or not, profanity is still not an accepted form of public discourse. There is a reason they don't use profanity on national broadcasts and there is a reason there is a government organization that monitors when and where certain language can be used. If you want to present the most effective message, then the answer is to censor the profanity (and I would suggest give a brief description of the circumstance). I think pretty much everyone on these boards has said 'Fu#$ You' to someone in our lifetime. So putting that on there without any sort of explanation just begs of sour grapes. When in reality you are presenting a cogent message to the public about Wake Forest's terrible coach.

Do what you want, regardless the site is well put together, but I would just advise you to not let a little bit ink slip into your glass of pure water. There is no need for it, and it can be used to color the entire argument as fringe, when it clearly is not.

I would say get rid of the profanity as well. You want to get rid of anything that could be used to delegitimize the information being presented. Like it or not, profanity is still not an accepted form of public discourse. There is a reason they don't use profanity on national broadcasts and there is a reason there is a government organization that monitors when and where certain language can be used. If you want to present the most effective message, then the answer is to censor the profanity (and I would suggest give a brief description of the circumstance). I think pretty much everyone on these boards has said 'Fu#$ You' to someone in our lifetime. So putting that on there without any sort of explanation just begs of sour grapes. When in reality you are presenting a cogent message to the public about Wake Forest's terrible coach.

Do what you want, regardless the site is well put together, but I would just advise you to not let a little bit ink slip into your glass of pure water. There is no need for it, and it can be used to color the entire argument as fringe, when it clearly is not.

This. You can reference the Miami incident without the blatant profanity quote and it will make the site more likely to be referenced by someone like ESPN's Brennan.

This. You can reference the Miami incident without the blatant profanity quote and it will make the site more likely to be referenced by someone like ESPN's Brennan.
I would suggest this as well. Lots of news agencies censor words when reporting quotes and yet everyone knows what the original quote was. Everyone would understand exactly what Bzz said to the fan.

I'm in favor of the edit, as well.

The goal is to make Jeff [Redacted] look as un-classy as possible. I think F**K does the trick just as well.

Back