• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut Website: FireBz.com. "3 year pattern that needed to be addressed" R Wellman

[Redacted] did well at Air Force because the team was already in place when he got there.

Also the MWC wasn't a good conference when he was there, but it definitely is now (top 5 in the country no question about it).

I would say that AF isn't as relevant to the discussion bc it was almost a decade ago.

[Redacted] did well at Air Force because the team was already in place when he got there.

Also the MWC wasn't a good conference when he was there, but it definitely is now (top 5 in the country no question about it).

Who gives a shit. Team was in place at Air Force, wasn't at Colorado.

Look, there's plenty of damning stats to throw around without having to rely on these weak argumentative points that don't translate to that kind of web page.

The point is if you're trying to get sports writers or knowledgable fans or higher ups to see the page and find it compelling, it looks manipulative to cherry pick the stats like that.

I like the idea of a running ticker to remind people just how bad things have been and hold [Redacted] and Wellman accountable. Do what you want with it. It's just feedback. The website doesn't have a chance to say "we would have included [Redacted]'s success at Air Force but we think he wasn't really responsible for it due to the team being mostly in place during his arrival and because we don't think success in a non-major conference counts."

Am I the only one who doesn't think that the "fuck you buddy" incident is that damning? I actually kind of like a coach who will drop an f-bomb at an opposing fan. Sure, it's absurd in the context of the whole "culture" thing, but the "culture" complaints don't really translate to quick soundbites like we need on this website. We only get it because we've been in the thick of it for a few years now.

Who gives a shit. Team was in place at Air Force, wasn't at Colorado.

Look, there's plenty of damning stats to throw around without having to rely on these weak argumentative points that don't translate to that kind of web page.

The point is if you're trying to get sports writers or knowledgable fans or higher ups to see the page and find it compelling, it looks manipulative to cherry pick the stats like that.

I like the idea of a running ticker to remind people just how bad things have been and hold [Redacted] and Wellman accountable. Do what you want with it. It's just feedback. The website doesn't have a chance to say "we would have included [Redacted]'s success at Air Force but we think he wasn't really responsible for it due to the team being mostly in place during his arrival and because we don't think success in a non-major conference counts."

I wasn't intending my post to give any advice whatsoever towards the maintenance of the website or anything. I wasn't saying that it should or should not be included. I was merely pointing out the fact that the team returned a lot of starters from an 18-12 team and then returned even more starters the year after that. The team was primarily in place when he got there. He was handed the reins to a team on the upswing and prepared to go to the tournament. They made it once and they lost that game (which they should have because they were like a 12 seed or a 13 seed).

Am I the only one who doesn't think that the "fuck you buddy" incident is that damning? I actually kind of like a coach who will drop an f-bomb at an opposing fan. Sure, it's absurd in the context of the whole "culture" thing, but the "culture" complaints don't really translate to quick soundbites like we need on this website. We only get it because we've been in the thick of it for a few years now.

If he were a winning coach, nobody would care.

I wasn't intending my post to give any advice whatsoever towards the maintenance of the website or anything. I wasn't saying that it should or should not be included. I was merely pointing out the fact that the team returned a lot of starters from an 18-12 team and then returned even more starters the year after that. The team was primarily in place when he got there. He was handed the reins to a team on the upswing and prepared to go to the tournament. They made it once and they lost that game (which they should have because they were like a 12 seed or a 13 seed).

Fair points all. I think it gets conveyed with "career postseason record" and his Wake numbers, that's all.

This is the downside of open input. Most people just bitch, bitch, bitch.

Truth. And a sad commentary that we've been reduced to bitching about the "worst" points to include in a web site trying to highlight the complete incompetency of our current leadership and state of affairs regarding the b-ball program.

For me, some pos rep to VT for fighting the good fight.

In general, this thing is awesome. Thank you.

I would include myself in the camp of those that think censoring the Fuck quote is a good idea in order to increase the odds that the site get passed on by some folks like Brennan who have a larger reach.

In general, I think adding about a clause or so of context would help for all the quotes, not just the Miami one. For instance, knowing the audience for the Wellman "couldn't be happier" quote would add something to the conversation. (And on the subject of that specific quote, I think finishing the sentence - "with the direction of the program" - would add important context.

But don't take my input as criticism. This needed to be done and it's great. I look forward to the inevitable additions to this conglomeration of Bz suckitude.

Thanks, vt. I appreciate your open attitude, in addition to your initiative and hard work.

Second the topic about keeping it Wake specific. Coaches should be retained or fired because of their work at their current program. Saying Ron shouldn't have hired him in the first place is a completely different topic.

Adding a "WellmanOut" page that includes pre-Wake stats that show how poor of a hire this was would be a good way to use the Colorado stats.

Second the topic about keeping it Wake specific. Coaches should be retained or fired because of their work at their current program. Saying Ron shouldn't have hired him in the first place is a completely different topic.

The other side of this argument is that his record at Colorado adds credence to the argument that losing is just part of the whole Buzz package.

vt, I currently own firejeffbzdelik.com. If you want me to point that over your way (instead of the stupid Blogger shit I set up last month), feel free to walk me through doing that on GoDaddy.

Glad we got Hannah May to convert!

Hannah may ‏@HannahhMayyxx
Got work off on July so I will be going TOMMOROWLAND FESTIVAL #buzzout

Not sure if it's possible with the software you are using but maybe add your graphs on a page or give them their own page? Those have always been great ways to express how bad his coaching has been. It looks great overall. Good work on it. What are your costs? I'm sure people would chip in to help support the cause if necessary.

Back