• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut Website: FireBz.com. "3 year pattern that needed to be addressed" R Wellman

Somebody tweet the link to the website to Bz's Twitter.

Haha, the Wake Forest Sports page on Facebook deleted my post with the link to this website.

Longtime bozo utter here, and seeing this site made my blood boil. I'd say it sends a very effective message. Now to get people to see it...

Edited to add: Tried to write Bzz outer...haha!

Objective reaction from a couple non-Wake people I talked to. Basically they liked the idea but found it to be too obviously cherry picked for anyone to take seriously. In particular:

1) Lumping Colorado in with Wake but not Air Force where he racked up a lot of wins. Just make it about Wake or include all of his college outcomes.

2) The use of "fuck you" with no context. Especially since when told it was at dick fans of an opposing fanbase they didn't see it as a big negative. Plus putting it up uncensored and extra large/bold comes off as childish and not to be taken seriously.

3) Using a stat like wins against #1-#79. Just do top 10 and let the stats speak for themselves instead of picking an odd number.

4) Quotes with no punctuation or ending in a comma and no context given.

Objective reaction from a couple non-Wake people I talked to. Basically they liked the idea but found it to be too obviously cherry picked for anyone to take seriously. In particular:

1) Lumping Colorado in with Wake but not Air Force where he racked up a lot of wins. Just make it about Wake or include all of his college outcomes.

2) The use of "fuck you" with no context. Especially since when told it was at dick fans of an opposing fanbase they didn't see it as a big negative. Plus putting it up uncensored and extra large/bold comes off as childish and not to be taken seriously.

3) Using a stat like wins against #1-#79. Just do top 10 and let the stats speak for themselves instead of picking an odd number.

You mean top-100, right? If so, then I agree with this.

Also agree with the quotes... context and punctuation is necessary.

That said, everyone I show the site to loves it.

You mean top-100, right? If so, then I agree with this.

Also agree with the quotes... context and punctuation is necessary.

That said, everyone I show the site to loves it.

Yeah, I meant 100. Typo.

There's no need to dress up the numbers or lump Colorado in with Wake. We're historically bad enough to just put them out there fairly.

I think its reasonable to not include AFA because AFA is not in a major basketball conference.

Instead of saying since 2008, say previous 5 seasons, then it doesn't look like your trying to hide some great success the prior year.

WOW, .169 winning percentage in February and March. That is just unreal. 2-40 is pretty phenomenal, too. We should make some kind of voting tournament to determine what the most shocking Buzz stat is.

Agreed. There are also major differences between the service academies and regular D1 schools.

And he started coaching at CU five seasons ago.

Like TBR pointed out, "in his last five seasons" is better than "since 2008."

Longtime bozo utter here, and seeing this site made my blood boil. I'd say it sends a very effective message. Now to get people to see it...

Edited to add: Tried to write Bzz outer...haha!

Bozo utter is the greatest typo I've ever seen on this board. Well done!

The web page looks pretty good. Any way to keep track of the number of visitors to the page or how often the page is referenced in another social media forum? I hope you didn't spend too much time or money on the page because there is zero chance that [Redacted] will be terminated at the end of this season by Mr. Wellman. The only way Wake gets a new hoops coach is if [Redacted] "resigns".

The web page looks pretty good. Any way to keep track of the number of visitors to the page or how often the page is referenced in another social media forum? I hope you didn't spend too much time or money on the page because there is zero chance that [Redacted] will be terminated at the end of this season by Mr. Wellman. The only way Wake gets a new hoops coach is if [Redacted] "resigns".

The only way Wake gets a new hoops coach is if [Redacted] "resigns".

Not out of the realm of possibility considering his resume...

I think its reasonable to not include AFA because AFA is not in a major basketball conference.

It's not reasonable by any objective measure. Nobody ever disregards a coach's record for all portions of his career when he wasn't in a "major basketball conference." Especially when it's fairly common knowledge that [Redacted] did pretty well at Air Force.

I don't care what gets left in. Hell, you can put that he's 0-180 on Tuesdays against teams in the top 47 kenpom rankings. It's just transparent.

Back