• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz: "I think you're asking the wrong person."

Exactly. And what Jaybone and others don't consider is that this is the freakin' NBA. If you have any ability to coach whatsoever, you'll get another head job. Mike Brown is coaching the freakin' Lakers for goodness sake.

How much do NBA assts make compared to college head coaches? His past seems to indicate he'll follow the dollars, just like any of us would.

Given that his job completely depends on access, yes.

As dumb as our media relations department can be at times, even they are dumb enough to limit access to a reporter - especially one assigned the WFU beat.

How much do NBA assts make compared to college head coaches? His past seems to indicate he'll follow the dollars, just like any of us would.

At his age and current earning level (Colorado and Wake), I suspect he'll just head on out to his NC beach home when he's done at Wake and live off his investment interest. Why would you go back to being a NBA scout after making a few million for a few years of coaching college ball?

At his age and current earning level (Colorado and Wake), I suspect he'll just head on out to his NC beach home when he's done at Wake and live off his investment interest. Why would you go back to being a NBA scout after making a few million for a few years of coaching college ball?

"I don't know why I cant afford a beach house yet, ask my financial adviser".

thank you 83!!! This is the point I was trying to make. Anyone without blinders on can see that this is a character asaasination by collins. i wouldn't be surprised if DV7 didnt put collins up to this or is somehow behind collins complete 180
mark my word, it's the buzzouters who will someday be eating the unwiped bottom, and then i wouldn't blame wellman for demanding a written apology by this board's founders

of course, DV7 doesn't have any class so I wouldn't hold your breath

I have mad sway over Disco Dan. Dude is in my pocket.

I guess nobody at Wake, including Wellman, can read between the lines of what Dan is writing and implying. Pretty clear Dan is upset and doesn't like a lot of things going on. Instead of coming out and doing some solid reporting he puts up this video and is snarky about having to go talk to the players. If Dan thinks Bzz should answer his question direction, he should step up and say it.

My point originally about the local DFW reporters and Jerry Jones (not to say anybody is like Jerry) was that these reports are blunt and straight to the point, yet they still have their jobs and still are able to report on the 'boys.

Dan is the only reporter, essentially, in the country that covers Wake. It would be a brilliant move by Wake to totally cut off the one guy that covers the team.

The reason Dan has run out of questions, as he seems to be saying, is that he won't really ask the tough questions. Seriously with this epic failure, he should have quite a few questions he should be asking. Given the internet age we are in, he certainly could find enough angle to work this from while still remaining professional.

IMO, his 'implied' approach is less professional than if he would stick out his neck and ask some tough questions.

I see Dan's blog post as a whiner saying 'the coach didn't answer my question so now I'm going to post about it on my blog'. I think it would have been quite reasonable to press Bzz on that question. After all it's not like Dan and Bzz are buddies in the first place.

I don't think that's the situation at all. We know Dan reads the boards. In case you haven't noticed through all of your keeper-esqe obtusity (is that even a word?), many of his blog posts are responses to common topics on the boards. The whole issue of whether Bz throws his players under the bus has been a major topic here.

Do ya think maybe he's just giving us the video and saying "Here - you decide?" Maybe? Nah, that would make too much sense.

thank you 83!!! This is the point I was trying to make. Anyone without blinders on can see that this is a character asaasination by collins. i wouldn't be surprised if DV7 didnt put collins up to this or is somehow behind collins complete 180
mark my word, it's the buzzouters who will someday be eating the unwiped bottom, and then i wouldn't blame wellman for demanding a written apology by this board's founders

of course, DV7 doesn't have any class so I wouldn't hold your breath

Your intense Bzz support is becoming parody-esque. It seems like the few reasonable Bzz-In'ers left are avoiding these dumpster fire threads, because they have no evidence to support their belief, yet here you are, loudly trumpeting idiocy.

hubris.

ron and bzz both think they are the smartest guy in the room. you can see it in the tone of bzz's interviews and post games. it's like he can't believe he is being questioned. "don't you dummies realize how good i am? it's not my fault so don't try and blame me." it's as if he is too good to be interviewed. ron, of course, knows best and went rogue with the bzz hire. he went with his gut and can't admit it was wrong.

Last edited:
The fact of the matter is I'm pretty sure that complete and embarrassing failure will cause the powers-that-be to react in a proper fashion. Clemson was one of those games. GT this week is another one of those games.
After watching that pathetic video, I'm glad I read the thread. This makes me very hopeful.

And just exactly what great 'insight' has Dan's amazing access to our program provided in the last two years?

Have you been paying attention to his blog since April 7th 2009? Because he's been very both critical and supportive at times of Ron Wellman and since, has been both critical and supportive of Coach [Redacted]. I think he (at least last year) threaded a rather difficult needle rather well. If he's soured this year, I am not sure as I haven't had the opportunity (or probably desire) to follow MTOW as closely.

hubris.

ron and bzz both think they are the smartest guy in the room. you can see it in the tone of bzz's interviews and post games. it's like he can't believe he is being questioned. "don't you dummies realize how good i am? it's not my fault so don't try and blame me." it's as if he is too good to be interviewed. ron, of course, knows best and went rogue with the bzz hire. he went with his gut and can't admit it was wrong.

There is some of this involved....

I thought I could stomach this until the next recruiting class comes in, and give him a chance to make it work. I'm past that point and don't give a damn any more. Wellman needs to fire Buzz immediately, appoint Battle interim, and then offer his own resignation for general stupidity. I'm sorry, it's past time to mince words and be all tactful and crap. This is a lousy product. It's not getting better and I had really hoped it would. You can't give up 65% fg shooting by your opponents and win Bingo. I've worried about losing some of the recruits, but honestly, they want some confidence that this is going to be a competitive winning program and if they love the idea of a Wake degree then cut your losses, get a good coach, and put this behind us sooner rather than later. Sorry for venting but this interview, and last two weeks have sent me over the edge entirely.

The bottom line is that Wellman WON'T get rid of Buzz. Why not? Because if he did, he'd have to admit that he made a mistake in hiring Buzz to replace Dino in the first place and resign or be fired. It's time they both go.

I just watched it for the first time. If that isn't a defeated coach, who is all but given up, I don't know what is. I think even [Redacted] knows this isn't working out, maybe he'll resign after the season, at least we can hope.

Nice comment under the article:

I am a Univ. of Colo alum and follow the Buffs Basketball program. I can’t tell you how fortunate the Basketball program got by having [Redacted] leave and replacing him with Tad Boyle. Our Hoops program is actually semi relevant. Boyle is a clear upgrade to Bzz not just in coaching, but recruiting as well (top 25 class coming in). This is what we call a ‘Blessing in Disguise’

Your intense Bzz support is becoming parody-esque. It seems like the few reasonable Bzz-In'ers left are avoiding these dumpster fire threads, because they have no evidence to support their belief, yet here you are, loudly trumpeting idiocy.

I thought it was a parody. Is it not?

Back