• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz: "I think you're asking the wrong person."

Chase's post game comment struck me as odd:

sometimes I think we lack some chemistry, and we’ve got to start playing together and playing as a unit and playing hard

Wasn't our 'team chemistry' and how all the players thought we had it, one of the big preseason talking points?

We saw these things in the YouTube clips of him at Colorado.

Why didn't Wellman?

sometimes I think we lack some chemistry, and we’ve got to start playing together and playing as a unit and playing hard

Wasn't our 'team chemistry' and how all the players thought we had it, one of the big preseason talking points?

During the postgame Stan asked Nikita what he could do as a senior to right the ship and Nikita said something like they may need to have a team meeting where people can get things off their chest.

Last edited:
I thought it was all those bad apples' fault that we had no chemistry. 90% of the time on 10% of the kids, and I try and I try and I just can't reach them and all that.

We ran off the talented players because they were malcontents, but the ones that stayed are treated like pariahs and [Redacted] continually disrespects them. It is honestly sickening. Hard not to quit on a guy like that.

Give respect by showing no respect, huh? He certainly doesn't respect his kids, and they are showing it on the court.

I don't care about keeping this recruiting class in tact or not. He has to go, sooner rather than later.

This man does not represent my university well, and has reduced the program to shambles. Culture change, indeed.

The worst thing a leader of any team or organization can do is to set up a me-vs-them with the people he's trying to lead. This is the most recent and blatant example of Bzs tendency to do just that.

Exactly. He isn't a leader...probably a great technician, but not a leader. Perhaps the consummate assistant coach.

I'm convinced he will never be a successful head coach for us. Bzzz out.

I've said it for a long, long time now (and I like to think of myself as a pretty good judge of character), Jeff [Redacted] is a grade-A jackass. A self-interested, pompous, arrogant, blow-hard jackass.

This sounds like player speak. Chase is a freshman. He doesn't know what to say about this dumpster fire. So he just offers up some generic thoughts and, credit to himself, says he & the players should perform better.

This sounds like player speak. Chase is a freshman. He doesn't know what to say about this dumpster fire. So he just offers up some generic thoughts and, credit to himself, says he & the players should perform better.

Yeah, Chase will never just say "We aren't good enough". Coach will say that, though.

He's such a condescending ass. His facial expressions and stares are downright creepy. GTFO Buzzhoweveryouspellyourname

I'll just leave this right here.

wwCkq.png

That is staggering.

I thought it was all those bad apples' fault that we had no chemistry. 90% of the time on 10% of the kids, and I try and I try and I just can't reach them and all that.

We ran off the talented players because they were malcontents, but the ones that stayed are treated like pariahs and [Redacted] continually disrespects them. It is honestly sickening. Hard not to quit on a guy like that.

Give respect by showing no respect, huh? He certainly doesn't respect his kids, and they are showing it on the court.

I don't care about keeping this recruiting class in tact or not. He has to go, sooner rather than later.

This man does not represent my university well, and has reduced the program to shambles. Culture change, indeed.

There are two possible way to do this:

1. [Redacted] gets a pro coaching job- by far the easiest.

2. If [Redacted] and Wellman really are that close (not proven), Wellman should work with [Redacted] to come up with a graceful way for [Redacted] to "resign" (and proably get a portion of his pay).

It's not just losing the recruiting class if we fire him. It's about who would take the chance of getting fired if they don't win immediately. Top coaches whom we could attract will be hesitant to take our job if we fire two coaches in three years.

If this is about the program, then this must be taken into consideration.

Halftime slothrop?

No coach with any pride who believes he can win will be scared off that Wake fired two inept coaches. That worry is a loser's mentality. I am not afraid to take a job because the two people before me were awful at it and rightfully were removed from duty. I take the job because I think I can win and be successful and because of the job itself and not who was there before. We don't want a coach who is scared of, or doesnt seem to care about being fired anyway. We already have one of those right now.

And yes, halftime.

It's not just losing the recruiting class if we fire him. It's about who would take the chance of getting fired if they don't win immediately. Top coaches whom we could attract will be hesitant to take our job if we fire two coaches in three years.

I've probably said this to you 20 times, but I'll post it again. There is a difference between simply losing and losing by 20 at home to a 12-12 Clemson. By saying that this situation is about wins and losses, you are saying that Bzz is simply on the hot seat for losing, and that's not half of the story. You're being an apologist again, just in a more subtle way. This isn't about wins and losses anymore, this is about competing and not getting embarrassed. This is about not making the ACC ashamed of our membership. We need to start competing and any coach worthy of us considering them for the job, will be confident in their ability to NOT GET BLOWN OUT BY CLEMSON AT HOME.

"Last year we had characters, this year we have character"

If I heard that one more time before this season I was going to lose my mind.

The talking points before the '10-'11 season were along the lines of 'winning games' and 'more post-season success'. They ended up being about how young we were and we needed to find discipline.

This year the talking points disintegrated into become about finding motivation & getting new guys in next year.

Next year, they'll likely be about managing expectations & youth... a handful of guys who aren't contributing will likely become 'distractions' and you've gone full circle on the BzCycle...

There are two possible way to do this:

1. [Redacted] gets a pro coaching job- by far the easiest.

2. If [Redacted] and Wellman really are that close (not proven), Wellman should work with [Redacted] to come up with a graceful way for [Redacted] to "resign" (and proably get a portion of his pay).

If this is about the program, then this must be taken into consideration.

Halftime slothrop?

RJ, if a coach resigns/retires/whatever after losing season everyone really knows that he was fired. For example, Sidney Lowe resigned. Do you believe that was his decision? No chance in hell.

It's semantics.

I am not at all optimistic that Bz can turn things around, but I think the long term interests of the program are best served by keeping him for one more year, painful as it may be. If he doesn't win at least 18 games next year then he should be out.

Then there will be no suggestions that Bz didn't get a fair shot, or that he didn't get a chance to win with his players, or that we sucked this year because we didn't have enough scholarship players to run a real practice. It will be a better situation for the next coach because there will (hopefully) be a base in place. All of this will give us a better chance to bring in the right guy and end the cycle of shit that is hanging over this program right now.

Of course, the whole thing can be solved if he leaves on his own.

Last edited:
Back