• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz: "I think you're asking the wrong person."

There are two possible way to do this:

1. [Redacted] gets a pro coaching job- by far the easiest.

2. If [Redacted] and Wellman really are that close (not proven), Wellman should work with [Redacted] to come up with a graceful way for [Redacted] to "resign" (and proably get a portion of his pay).

It's not just losing the recruiting class if we fire him. It's about who would take the chance of getting fired if they don't win immediately. Top coaches whom we could attract will be hesitant to take our job if we fire two coaches in three years.

If this is about the program, then this must be taken into consideration.

Halftime slothrop?

So what do you suggest should be done, if anything, at the end of the season?

Not to be a jerk... but it was par for the course (especially in the past year)

The rambling answer where he never really says anything (with some strange smiles, nods, & pauses) followed by a short rhetorical dig @ his players is about how he's handled every post-game loss & subsequent line of questions this year. The one real exception I can think of is Duke, where he seemed alarmingly proud of keeping it within 20.

Watch this from when the questions start (1:30 into the clip) for an example that's strikingly similar. (from the NC State post game)

Honestly, does anyone here think that this is the appropriate way to conduct a presser? Of course he could get away with this shit if the results on the floor were up to par, but given the circumstances I find his lack of accountability and blaming of the players pathetic and repulsive. He talks without saying anything, not because he has anything to say, but simply because the coach is expected to speak.

"There are many exciting years ahead for us with Jeff as our head coach. Those who have had the opportunity to meet him already recognize the qualities that he brings to our program that will allow us to achieve the lofty goals that we have. We have every reason to be enthused about our future! "

Ron Wellman
June 2010

HA!

"There are many exciting years ahead for us with Jeff as our head coach. Those who have had the opportunity to meet him already recognize the qualities that he brings to our program that will allow us to achieve the lofty goals that we have. We have every reason to be enthused about our future! "

Ron Wellman
June 2010

HA!

I would be interested know what those "goals" are.

I actually just feel bad for him after watching that. He's got nothing left.

It's like watching a wounded deer after your truck hit it doing 50mph.

I actually just feel bad for him after watching that. He's got nothing left.

It's like watching a wounded deer after your truck hit it doing 50mph.

Apt analogy. Just imagine what the truck looks like.

Honestly, as many times as we have seen him trash the players in these pressers, I'm far more bothered that Wellman or another hasn't stepped in and said "stop doing this. Now." The "bad apples" are gone, and so is that tired excuse. It cannot always be the players fault, and you can't let this man continue to destroy their confidence the way he obviously has destroyed Travis. Someone needs to stand up for the players, and it doesn't matter who it is.

It will be over sooner than you think if we lose out.

The List has been put into play and people ABOVE Wellman are going to intervene if we continue to fail.

So what do you suggest should be done, if anything, at the end of the season?

If we can't get [Redacted] to take another job or step down without making it look like he was fired, then he has to stay.

If he stays we should quietly looking at replacements.

It will be over sooner than you think if we lose out.

The List has been put into play and people ABOVE Wellman are going to intervene if we continue to fail.

What is "The List", who are these "people" of which you speak and how do you know any of this?

Honestly, as many times as we have seen him trash the players in these pressers, I'm far more bothered that Wellman or another hasn't stepped in and said "stop doing this. Now." The "bad apples" are gone, and so is that tired excuse. It cannot always be the players fault, and you can't let this man continue to destroy their confidence the way he obviously has destroyed Travis. Someone needs to stand up for the players, and it doesn't matter who it is.

Absolutely, absolutely.

There are two possible way to do this:

1. [Redacted] gets a pro coaching job- by far the easiest.

2. If [Redacted] and Wellman really are that close (not proven), Wellman should work with [Redacted] to come up with a graceful way for [Redacted] to "resign" (and proably get a portion of his pay).

It's not just losing the recruiting class if we fire him. It's about who would take the chance of getting fired if they don't win immediately. Top coaches whom we could attract will be hesitant to take our job if we fire two coaches in three years. If this is about the program, then this must be taken into consideration.

Halftime slothrop?

I, or any number of posters on this board, can easily explain to Our Next Coaching Candidate (ONCC) why it was... "necessary to fire Buzz in order to pursue a quality individual such as yourself, Mr. ONCC."

HOWEVER, somebody else will have to explain why we fired Dino to hire Buzz. That still makes absolutely no sense to me.

Bz has practically 0% support left from what I'm seeing. I have no idea how he makes it another year without it being 100% financial.

Sounds like Coach Knight thinks it's the players fault.

IMO Dan doesn't have the chops to deal with this situation. It is like he wants to call out Bzz and Wellman but he just won't come out and do it.

The local writers in Dallas are all over Jerry Jones, saying he's the reason the 'boys have failed for 16 years. The don't mince words. Dan wants people to figure out what he's thinking.

Back