• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz: "I think you're asking the wrong person."

Dan can't say it because they won't let him have access if he writes what he's thinking. We've been down this road before.

Dan can't say it because they won't let him have access if he writes what he's thinking. We've been down this road before.

You mean Wellman threatens the press to keep quiet or lose access? The same people who had message board moles on the old board?

Color me fucking shocked.

What is "The List", who are these "people" of which you speak and how do you know any of this?

Go back and read my other posts. I've said it plenty of times. Take a quick think about who has more say in University matters than the AD and it will all make sense.

Just be prepared for the inevitable if we lose out. If we don't... Well you'll never know if I was right do you?

Really? Wake can block local media? Is that standard at all schools? It's not as if they are unaware that the fan base and alumni have lost faith. I'd love to know what the players and current students are seeing/hearing. When i was at Wake, and one of the reasons I love Wake, is that average students tended to know athletes. I can remember talking to Josh Howard about how he was considering transferring freshman year because he didn't like Odom. Glad he stuck around for Skip!

Sounds like Coach Knight thinks it's the players fault.

IMO Dan doesn't have the chops to deal with this situation. It is like he wants to call out Bzz and Wellman but he just won't come out and do it.

The local writers in Dallas are all over Jerry Jones, saying he's the reason the 'boys have failed for 16 years. The don't mince words. Dan wants people to figure out what he's thinking.

You can't be serious.

That's a locker room speech. It's been stated ad nauseum that there is a huge difference between a coach calling out players in the locker room and doing it in the media. We already have one keeper around here. We don't need another.

I posted a couple of months ago that Bzz's tenure at Wake felt like Steve Kragthorpe's coaching stint at Louisville. But the last couple of weeks have turned it into a Gillispie at Kentucky situation. By the end of Gillispie's second season at UK people hated him. He was an ass to everyone. The radio team, his players, the players parents, the AD, the fans you name it.

This is a terrible fit and everyone knows it. Everyone involved knows that it's just a matter of time before he is gone. It is effecting everybody involved with the program negatively. It's showing on the court, in the stands, in the media and on these boards.

Like 04 said, do the humane thing and shoot the wounded animal.

I posted a couple of months ago that Bzz's tenure at Wake felt like Steve Kragthorpe's coaching stint at Louisville. But the last couple of weeks have turned it into a Gillispie at Kentucky situation.

These are two of the best analogies I've seen. When we lose players, fans and alums, it's time to pull the trigger. The sooner we do, the sooner we return to relevance.

The press covering the deacons is miniscule. Dan and the occasional local tv photographer who shoots part of the game and might stick a microphone on the table to get post game sound. Then Bob from the Burlington Times might show up if there isn't a game in the Triangle...no more reporters from High Point, Greensboro papers. Sad state of affairs indeed.

I posted a couple of months ago that Bzz's tenure at Wake felt like Steve Kragthorpe's coaching stint at Louisville. But the last couple of weeks have turned it into a Gillispie at Kentucky situation. By the end of Gillispie's second season at UK people hated him. He was an ass to everyone. The radio team, his players, the players parents, the AD, the fans you name it.

This is a terrible fit and everyone knows it. Everyone involved knows that it's just a matter of time before he is gone. It is effecting everybody involved with the program negatively. It's showing on the court, in the stands, in the media and on these boards.

Like 04 said, do the humane thing and shoot the wounded animal.

Good post. And I have noticed, on recent occasions, that Bz has been somewhat short with Stan post-game and during his weekly shows. Recall one show before Christmas where Bz made a very smart-ass remark to Stan and there was a very long pause and dead air. Not trying to dissect everything but I suspect Stan would be thrilled to host a show with someone who has a personality.

The press covering the deacons is miniscule. Dan and the occasional local tv photographer who shoots part of the game and might stick a microphone on the table to get post game sound. Then Bob from the Burlington Times might show up if there isn't a game in the Triangle...no more reporters from High Point, Greensboro papers. Sad state of affairs indeed.

does this mean no erin andrews anytime soon?

Dan has been covering Wake Forest since the Odom era. I seriously doubt that Wake Forest would ever pull his credentials unless he wrote something that was blatantly false or unfair.

Everyone on here hates Lenox because of some Josh Howard piece he wrote a long time ago that they thought was bush-league (I never read it), but I still see him at some games

You have to prepare for all contingencies.

If people actually paid attention. I am not a buzziner.

This is true. ^^^^ He has been a Buzzwaitandsee. I think like many waitandsees, he cannot tolerate much more of this God awful pathetic display of bball.

That press conference clip doesn't piss me off or anything. Rather, I'm just incredulous someone with that kind of charisma, oral presence, and public speaking ability could snag a million-dollar gig as a head basketball coach of a major college program. He's just completely uninspiring, demotivating, and unfocused.

I'm just baffled as to what Ron saw in this guy.

That press conference clip doesn't piss me off or anything. Rather, I'm just incredulous someone with that kind of charisma, oral presence, and public speaking ability could snag a million-dollar gig as a head basketball coach of a major college program. He's just completely uninspiring, demotivating, and unfocused.

I'm just baffled as to what Ron saw in this guy.

Ron's not alone

"Jeff [Redacted] combines an incredible work ethic with a razor-sharp basketball mind and will certainly be a credit to Wake Forest both on and off the court. In our 30 years of coaching, he ranks at the top in his ability to relate to players and develop programs."
- Gregg Popovich, Head Coach, San Antonio Spurs

Did you know his Air Force team beat Wake and that he coached Carmello?

Of course I did

"Coach [Redacted] was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him.
- Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets

Ron's not alone

"Jeff [Redacted] combines an incredible work ethic with a razor-sharp basketball mind and will certainly be a credit to Wake Forest both on and off the court. In our 30 years of coaching, he ranks at the top in his ability to relate to players and develop programs."

Gregg Popovich Hates America

popbefore.jpg

Of course I did

"Coach [Redacted] was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him.
- Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets

carmelo_anthony_mugshot_041508.jpg

Dan has been covering Wake Forest since the Odom era. I seriously doubt that Wake Forest would ever pull his credentials unless he wrote something that was blatantly false or unfair.

Everyone on here hates Lenox because of some Josh Howard piece he wrote a long time ago that they thought was bush-league (I never read it), but I still see him at some games

They obviously aren't going to pull his creds, but they could restrict his other access (like practices) that he has been able to attend and interview in the past. Dan always discusses how great it is that Wake gives him access that many other beatwriters for other ACC programs do not have the fortune of having.

Ron's not alone

Did [Redacted] ever work with Popovich?

ETA: No.

Last edited:
Back