• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz: "I think you're asking the wrong person."

That's the single least convincing player fluff quote I've ever heard from Carmelo

Culture change? Bad characters? This is Bzz's greatest recruit ever:

capture52.jpg

If he's such a thug why is he one of our greatest son's best friend.

I was being facetious. Bzz is plenty terrible enough on his own, without being connected to Melo's character flaws.

Just now able to listen to the clip.

He's given up.

You mean Wellman threatens the press to keep quiet or lose access? The same people who had message board moles on the old board?

Color me fucking shocked.

I'm sure there are AD moles here too, it is just that the Ath Dept doesn't have its hand up our asses dictating what we are allowed to have discussed and what we aren't allowed to have discussed here.

Suck on that, Steve Schutt. I know you're reading this.

Just read all 6 pages. I am significantly sadder now than I was.

Just now able to listen to the clip.

He's given up.

And now...so have I.

I've been Buzzwaitandsee, but these last couple of weeks... I sat through every second of that abomination of a "game" against Clemson. There's no way that team is 20 points better than us. I've been patient. I've tried to stay objective. I've got nothing left. I'll keep going to the games. I'll keep cheering for the players. They have got to feel completely beaten down - I absolutely hate it for them.

The tough part for him is with just 9 players, and probably just 7 that should really see the floor under any circumstance, he's lacking for options if players just aren't responding to him. While the greatest motivator is playing time, he can't really bench players when they're not responding because there is no talent there to step in. Next year maybe he would with a full roster.

On the other hand, he's once again proving to be stubborn and pretty much clueless as to how to handle that type of situation with both his team and the press. Hell, he said as much. A good coach would try a second way, then a third, then a fourth, tenth, twentieth way to get through to his players until he got across what he is trying to teach. All the while, he'd be harping on the aspect of how he'd seek to improve the situation in the press rather than lamenting the fact he can't. That can be done in private.

I really think he has just one or two ways to try to get through, and when they fail he's out of options. Then to compound it, he's partially put himself in the hole by creating the dearth of talent by alienating some of his players in the exact same manner that he's alienated the press and the supporters of the program. And if the two games this week were any indication, his current players as well. It's one thing to be a jerk, another to lose consistently, but when you combine both but a disconsolate public personna that saps the remaining hope of a turnaround out of the fanbase, I don't really know what you expect the reaction to be other than what it is.

Go back and read my other posts. I've said it plenty of times. Take a quick think about who has more say in University matters than the AD and it will all make sense.

Just be prepared for the inevitable if we lose out. If we don't... Well you'll never know if I was right do you?

I'm confused, it says discuss "Wake Forest Athletics. Freely" yet I am being criticized and told to "stop flaunting connections."

I'm not flaunting anything you idiot, i'm telling you what I've heard. Sorry you don't appreciate it when people share info and trust their sources.

I'm confused, it says discuss "Wake Forest Athletics. Freely" yet I am being criticized and told to "stop flaunting connections."

I'm not flaunting anything you idiot, i'm telling you what I've heard. Sorry you don't appreciate it when people share info and trust their sources.

Are you sweating neg rep? Really? If you have good info, be happy you have it.

He's so completely overmatched by this job, I'm not even sure where to start.

Bz has practically 0% support left from what I'm seeing. I have no idea how he makes it another year without it being 100% financial.

Coach [Redacted] has the only support he needs, and this fact ain't changing anytime soon.

Sounds like Coach Knight thinks it's the players fault.

IMO Dan doesn't have the chops to deal with this situation. It is like he wants to call out Bzz and Wellman but he just won't come out and do it.

The local writers in Dallas are all over Jerry Jones, saying he's the reason the 'boys have failed for 16 years. The don't mince words. Dan wants people to figure out what he's thinking.

I don't think you are comparing Mr. Wellman to Jerry Jones but I wish you had. Mr. Wellman's postgame pressers last year were very similar to what goes on with the Cowboys. Ah - the good old days - what I wouldn't do to listen to Mr. Wellman talk about the state of the program after losses to Wofford, ASU, and to Clemson at LJVM for the first time in decades. I miss his keen insight, his reassurance, and most of all his references to Colorado and Air Force. Regretfully, Mr. Wellman has morphed into a combination of Jerry Jones and the Iraqi Information Minister. He has zero credibility. I just wonder if he will ever be held accountable, in any way, for this mess.

You freely flaunt your connections and they freely tell you to stop and then you can choose to freely keep doing it or freely stop.

It's a good system.

Go back and read my other posts. I've said it plenty of times. Take a quick think about who has more say in University matters than the AD and it will all make sense.

Just be prepared for the inevitable if we lose out. If we don't... Well you'll never know if I was right do you?

You freely flaunt your connections and they freely tell you to stop and then you can choose to freely keep doing it or freely stop.

It's a good system.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out his connections.

It's a good system.

I'm not flaunting anything, i'm sharing information. I'm not trying to be condescending.

Back