• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ Out Rumor

I have zero sympathy for job related stress for someone who is making 7 figures.

well it better be in the very low seven figures, or when we signed him we must have had a terrible hand to those in the know.

Wow, this thread took a turn for the worse. Can we get back to Buzzdick? When do y'all think we'll get word on Buzzdick's employment situation? I'm thinking this Mon-Tue.

Wow, this thread took a turn for the worse. Can we get back to Buzzdick? When do y'all think we'll get word on Buzzdick's employment situation? I'm thinking this Mon-Tue.

I posted this on the ad thread, but Andy Katz has always been our friend.

He's been silent on [Redacted] for 3 years. Pretty much ever since he authored this:

But you can't fault Wellman for standing by his reasoning. And any coach going into the job should know what is expected going forward. There is nothing to hide. There isn't anything phony here. Win in February and March, have the players do well academically and represent the university well.

Gaudio did the latter but didn't do enough of the former. Now he's out.

Today is the day for him to step up.

I posted this on the ad thread, but Andy Katz has always been our friend.

He's been silent on [Redacted] for 3 years. Pretty much ever since he authored this:

Today is the day for him to step up.

Is he still up north for the tourney? He collected the info. Did he say when he was going to run our story?

Is he still up north for the tourney? He collected the info. Did he say when he was going to run our story?

I don't know, but you know as well as I do that time is precious now.

His only experience covering Wellman firing a coach came at the end of the NCAAT... If Wellman is waiting until that point to make a statement, its not going to be good news for us.

He is still @ the Big East tourney. He did the post-game interview with Pitino.

8. I disagree that admissions shouldn't take into account geographic residence

[QUOTE='15 Deac]First and foremost, Wake Forest should be trying to get the best students possible[/QUOTE]

If you are trying to get the best students possible, you should not take into account geographic residence. It's that simple. And your fucking treatise defense just makes you seem even more like a pig fucker.

If you want to read a post about [Redacted] or basketball, skip this one entirely or at least jump to the last section]

8. I disagree that admissions shouldn't take into account geographic residence, likely because I don't think Wake Forest should be aiming to be a national university. First and foremost, Wake Forest should be trying to get the best students possible, which they aren't doing because of the cost and other things. I don't see the need to try to attract students from across the entire country and be more like Notre Dame or Duke. I don't see what's wrong with trying to be more like Davidson, or Williams, or Pomona.
p
9. The percentage of North Carolina students in the class of 2016 is 22%. Larger than Duke I assume and I'm not sure about Davidson. The point is, it's shrinking and it's not stopping. People are right when they say it was more like 40% when they were there in the 90s or whenever. It used to be 50% or more not that long ago during the 80s. Wake Forest is moving towards Duke and not towards Davidson. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be like Duke. Also, Wake Forest could much better serve the niche of being the elite regional school for the Southeast rather than try to jump to the elite national university level and compete with Stanford, Duke, and the like.

Williams and Pomona are the Small LAC equivalents to Harvard and Stanford. There is nothing regional about them. The school I work at is only 12% "in-state" and that number is dwindling. Williams and Pomona are also D-3 schools, so those are not great comparisons.

In any case, there is no way an admissions office is going to address protecting in-state interests for the sake of athletic support. That is so narrow-minded (and also short-sighted). I'd hate for Wake to become a completely homogenous school and lose its character, but there has to be a balance. If anything, I'd argue that Wake Forest has a lot of work to do at becoming more national (especially on the west coast).

As an alum, I sure hope that the school (it is an institution of higher education) is not prioritizing the "fandom" of prospective students over their intellectual abilities.

Judging by Ty Kraniak, WF is prioritizing the ability to make self-promotional YouTube videos.

To clarify, I don't actually think you are a pig fucker...I have no data to support that assertion. my point was the juvenile name calling and blaming diminished enthusiasm for the team on northern elitist pussy douche bags is baseless, unsupportable and unhelpful. People don't care anymore because [Redacted] sucks at basketball and we the people are powerless to do anything about it thanks to Wellman.

To clarify, I don't actually think you are a pig fucker...I have no data to support that assertion. my point was the juvenile name calling and blaming diminished enthusiasm for the team on northern elitist pussy douche bags is baseless, unsupportable and unhelpful. People don't care anymore because [Redacted] sucks at basketball and we the people are powerless to do anything about it thanks to Wellman.

There are elitist pussy douchebags from all over the country at Wake Forest. Whoever diverted this into a regional issue several pages back was wrong. Carolina Country Club is just as elitist as Merion or Winged Foot or anywhere else, and that's who is getting the upper hand in today's WF student body, along with the Ty Kraniaks (wherever they come from).

What the heck happened to this thread?

Tradionally winning teams have strong fanbases, large public schols have consisten fan bases. Who was complaining in 06-08 about our apathetic fan base? Same goes for the winning periods in basketball. It's stupid and naive for anyone to expect our fanbase to remain consistently passionate in times of drought. It's especially stupid for someone to blame that apathy on % of northern students we have at Wake. /end rant

Last edited:
A diversion to take our mind's off RW and Buzz - so when it's announced he's coming back (God help us), no one will notice.

I don't know, but you know as well as I do that time is precious now.

His only experience covering Wellman firing a coach came at the end of the NCAAT... If Wellman is waiting until that point to make a statement, its not going to be good news for us.

I guess there is no reason why RW has to say anything if he is keeping Buzz for another year. And if Buzz is given an extension, perhaps the only ones who need to know are the ones on the recruiting trail. In any event, an extension announcement could wait for months.

Ok, cool. Was never really blaming northerners, but I don't really care. Just sayin', a lot of what I said is true, especially about the increasing number of rich kids from the North coming to Wake. Could be wrong, but prove it.

Ok, cool. Was never really blaming northerners, but I don't really care. Just sayin', a lot of what I said is true, especially about the increasing number of rich kids from the North coming to Wake. Could be wrong, but prove it.

PLEASE, give it a rest!

Back