• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ Out Rumor

Yeah plus your talking about someone who worked in the league. Its just a job. I bet she doesnt give two shits. Maybe I'm wrong. But he has plenty of experience sucking so I'm sure they're not too broken up about it.

Okay well, fair enough. But when I was looking at colleges, I was certainly very well aware of my options outside of the Southeast. And never for a second cared about where the student body came from. Northwestern, Dartmouth, Tulane, Vanderbilt, Stanford, and Chicago were all on the radar.

Right. We get it. Your painful. No need to re-prove the point.

If Bzz is not canned, fully expect him to resign- his family life has to be terrible and we all know that when the wife is not happy, nobody's happy!

On the human level, I do not find it a happy thought that he and his wife may well be experiencing emotional pain from this situation. This should be a factor moderating the tone and language of our statements, IMO. I have no reason to think that he is a bad man. Surely being unable to win at basketball does equate with being a bad human being.

However, his job performance deserves criticism and more.

Denver is probably among the more genteel NBA cities, but pro criticism is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the most bilious criticism ever from WF

It's not like his wife isn't used to moving every few years. For her she must think the timing is just about right for her to get to hang some ugly ass drapes in a new house in a new city.

On the human level, I do not find it a happy thought that he and his wife may well be experiencing emotional pain from this situation. This should be a factor moderating the tone and language of our statements, IMO. I have no reason to think that he is a bad man. Surely being unable to win at basketball does equate with being a bad human being.

He's making 7 figures while sucking at his job. I HOPE he experiences emotional pain.

I agree that being unable to win does not equate to being a bad person, but I really just don't think [Redacted] is a good guy. I feel like Dino was a good guy just not a great head coach. [Redacted] comes off as kind of a rat bastard which is part of the reason I hate him.

Married and poor by Wake Forest standards.

I have zero sympathy for job related stress for someone who is making 7 figures.

I don't really care if he makes $20K or $2M... he was a cocky duche from day one with no track record. He is like a no talent dish washer making $200K a year. It has passed the absurd. All his success, if you can call it that, was built by others and he road it for all it was worth. He may know basketball but he can not translate it to the court with breathing bodies.

No, him being a shitty person to his players over his career makes him a shitty human being. I don't feel an ounce of sympathy or empathy for what Jeff [Redacted] might be suffering through right now. He deserves every last bit of any anguish he feels.

Nina? Sure, I feel bad for her.
But not Jeff. Fuck that guy.

I agree that being unable to win does not equate to being a bad person, but I really just don't think [Redacted] is a good guy. I feel like Dino was a good guy just not a great head coach. [Redacted] comes off as kind of a rat bastard which is part of the reason I hate him.

If Jeff [Redacted] wasn't such a miserable basketball coach people would pay attention and realize what a shit person he is. But Jeff [Redacted] is a miserable basketball coach, so that all gets lost in the wilderness.

If you want to read a post about [Redacted] or basketball, skip this one entirely or at least jump to the last section.

It's not too late to go to Davidson asshole. By the way, know many Davidson students/alums? I do...

Fuck this, and Fuck you. Let them have their opinion and you can debate it like a grownup, instead of being some southern-pride, Yankees-go-home shithead. Calling people who disagree with you "entitled pussies and douche bags" might fly on Davidson's debate squad, but its immature and unhelpful. So with all irony intended, I say fuck you, you pig fucker.

Complacency of the student body and fanbase is a legitimate complaint. The stereotype that it's the northern students who make it that way is not. I'm from NY, graduated in '03 and have been a passionate Wake fan for as long as '15 has been alive.

Gotta love a guy in (presumably) the class of '15 talking about the history of the school and image. Christ, assuming he's about 18-19 yrs old, he's not even old enough to remember watching Childress, Duncan, or even Howard.

I've got news for you: Davidson has more than its fair share of "fuckin' Yankees."

This. And absolutely the last sentence. As much as I miss Skip, I miss Thomas K. Hearn even more.

Yeah, I shouldn't make gross generalizations.

Wake is a national school. Admission should not take into account anything relating to a student's geography. It's a concern for public/state schools.

The percentage of NC residents at Wake is quite high compared to the % of in-state residents at our peer schools.

Wow.

I did not expect that. Honestly, I was just venting and thought this thread had kind of run its course.

I definitely was not very clear with what I meant and I see how connections were made, but there were a lot of things that were misconstrued and not at all what I meant. I guess I'll just tackle these in order...?

1. Know any Davidson alums? Yeah, my parents and my sister, among others...

2. I wasn't trying to label a certain opinion as northern. This was an opinion, however, that a lot of people had already been bashing (hint:they were supporting buzz). I'd like to debate things like a grownup, just like everyone else here is doing...on their computers...anonymously...including you... But in all seriousness, yeah I'm willing to back up my opinions and when I call out people on theirs, but that's not really what I was doing in this case. I'm also not some southern-pride crazed dixie boy or Yankees-go-home shithead. I see how the connection between people disagreeing with me and calling them entitled pussies and douche bags was made, but I didn't mean it that way. It should have really been two separate statements, one about disagreeing with the people that someone else had been bashing on, and one about entitled pussies coming to Wake. Also, you're attack was much more aggressive and direct than mine... shoot me some tips.

3. Again, I didn't mean for the connection to be made between apathetic student body and northerners. That being said, someone else made a good point about students not from the region being less engaged with the basketball team and basketball culture. Without any other connections, it's easier for students to just not care. Not saying that this is the case with northerners, just saying it's a valid point and something I've personally noticed.

4. RChildress107 already backed me up, but yes I'm 20 and I know the history of Wake Forest basketball pretty well. It's the only sports team I have. To be completely honest, no I was not old enough to remember seeing Chill or Duncan, but I've seen plenty of tape. My first memories of seeing Wake Forest basketball and knowing the players began with Robert O'Kelley and Josh Shoemaker and such. So yeah, I remember Howard pretty distinctly. As for the history of the school, I'm pretty confident when I say that I know more about the school's history than most people on the boards.

5. I'm aware.

6. #HatchOut. I know that people will scoff at this since I wasn't even alive, but honestly I miss Scales and wish Wake Forest could have a president like him again.

7. I see now how what I said generalized northerners. A lot. I didn't mean that, sorry. A few of my best friends are from New York, Connecticut and the northeast, so it's not like I hate Yankees. I still stand by what I said in terms of the growing base of students from the Northeast and the type of people that a lot of these people are. When I say Fuckin' yankees, I was venting because I've been noticing it more lately and have become more frustrated with the way Wake Forest is actively seeking out these types of students. Wake Forest is trying to appeal to rich kids from the Northeast more and more and it is shifting the image of Wake Forest's student population and significantly changing the student values/makeup of the school and it shows. Wake Forest is not need-blind in its admissions process, which is ridiculous. It also not able to offer the same kind of financial aid as in the past. And as Hatch tries to grow the Wake Forest image and sell it as a National University climbing up to the same level as Duke, Notre Dame, and Stanford, you get the kids that want to go to a school with that image or with a solid business school, but couldn't get in an ivy. So, it's attracting students looking for that image who have the money because the cost keeps going up and is higher than Duke and is almost $10,000 more than Davidson. A lot of these students are in the North. And a lot of them are entitled or douche bags because they think they are above other people because they just grew up that way. I don't mean to generalize and I'm not saying that everyone who shares one of these characteristics is an entitled pussy, but that group is growing on the campus.

8. I disagree that admissions shouldn't take into account geographic residence, likely because I don't think Wake Forest should be aiming to be a national university. First and foremost, Wake Forest should be trying to get the best students possible, which they aren't doing because of the cost and other things. I don't see the need to try to attract students from across the entire country and be more like Notre Dame or Duke. I don't see what's wrong with trying to be more like Davidson, or Williams, or Pomona.

9. The percentage of North Carolina students in the class of 2016 is 22%. Larger than Duke I assume and I'm not sure about Davidson. The point is, it's shrinking and it's not stopping. People are right when they say it was more like 40% when they were there in the 90s or whenever. It used to be 50% or more not that long ago during the 80s. Wake Forest is moving towards Duke and not towards Davidson. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be like Duke. Also, Wake Forest could much better serve the niche of being the elite regional school for the Southeast rather than try to jump to the elite national university level and compete with Stanford, Duke, and the like.

Yeah, I know pretty much none of this has to do with Basketball or [Redacted], but I felt a need to answer the guy who called me a pig fucker. I've grown up to love Wake Forest, and watching the basketball team go to shit only reminds me of the things happening at the school that I'm not pleased with. Being a part of the ACC and our basketball program is one of the things that has given Wake Forest enough national significance to make the types of decisions it's making about what type of school to be. The point being, if our program is allowed to completely go to shit because of actions of [Redacted] or poor leadership and the pride of Wellman, we are losing a very valuable asset to the school. That is the thing that makes all of this that much harder to swallow.

When I say Fuckin' yankees, I was venting because I've been noticing it more lately and have become more frustrated with the way Wake Forest is actively seeking out these types of students...

Just wanted to drop in here real quick and tell you to go fuck yourself.

... and I would say everyone could smooth this over with a couple beers, but you're not even old enough to drink.

Back