• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

C9++ Mafia - Mafia Wins

Kinda wondering about the decision for both cops to quickly reveal d2 too but that's hindsight. Maf may well have hit rommy regardless that night.

I had legit work shit at a deadline for the first time all week so that was unfortunate, but Da and dv7 played it super well. Also I'm -----EV as a mafia teammate as long as WFU has a permavote for me so I apologize ahead of time to any future mafia teammates.

I was curious why y'all killed me instead of Townie? Was this the reason?

The most internally frustrating part to me is that I was between Da and tim to invest with my one shot. I went with tim because he wasn't in the game I played previously.

Kinda wondering about the decision for both cops to quickly reveal d2 too but that's hindsight. Maf may well have hit rommy regardless that night.

In hindsight maybe I should have also claimed full cop and drawn the hit away from rommy. But I was a vanilla civ at the point I claimed so I saw no reason not to claim something.

Also, an MCCCTTT setup is straight ass for town. Especially with the IC dying N1. If that cop doesn't hit his invests real quick you have absolutely nothing to work with.

NO, SORRY

that is a stupid play for mafia to make.

And you 100% kill the IC N1. The only goal as mafia in C9 is to keep the number of cleared civs as low as possible. On N1, there was 1 cleared civ, kill it. If we take a pot shot at random civ X, we probably never get another shot to kill WFU again except at the expense of killing another cleared civ. And we are 10000000000% never killing Townie because him getting lynched is a necessary win condition for mafia. Every day where Townie still exists is a day where it's less likely a mafia player gets lynched.

Nevermind, saw that you answered it here

It worked last game - had never thought about a basic mass claim day two, with the exception of the doctor/protection. It clears the ground pretty well and shrinks the vote list, especially if you get a 3 kill day/night 1.

Yeah I wasn’t banking on an immediate follow up 1-shot cop claim from 14. I figured if I claim full cop, it clears 2 civs and maf prob thinks I’m overstating my role and I’m actually a 1shot Whoops

It worked last game - had never thought about a basic mass claim day two, with the exception of the doctor/protection. It clears the ground pretty well and shrinks the vote list, especially if you get a 3 kill day/night 1.

I'm new to this, but I kinda thought a mass claim D2 aside from protection would be common logic. Shrinks the field and hopefully the claims are giving you lynchable information.

my problem with it was i actually considered counterclaiming one of you to prolong my life, it would have been a much easier shitcloud

my problem with it was i actually considered counterclaiming one of you to prolong my life, it would have been a much easier shitcloud

In game I thought you should have gone 1 shot vig once you saw the two cop claims. The math would have then given MCCCVTT, which has no SK. You'd be relatively cleared like that, and you wait to close to endgame to kill again. If you had BPV even better.

I read Da like everyone reads me. Mafia every time. Sadly, that's not terribly helpful and the exact opposite of how everyone else reads him.

In game I thought you should have gone 1 shot vig once you saw the two cop claims. The math would have then given MCCCVTT, which has no SK. You'd be relatively cleared like that, and you wait to close to endgame to kill again. If you had BPV even better.

the problem with that is i solemnly refuse to understand the potential game states of c9

i'd rather be quickly trapped in a lie than ever have to write down multiple possibilities for what roles could be

I agree with Gouda that playing as IC is difficult because no one actually interacts with you in a normal way. It's obviously easier if you only have to play for one day, but it's still very difficult to create any conversations that your fellow civs can use after you die.

the problem with that is i solemnly refuse to understand the potential game states of c9

i'd rather be quickly trapped in a lie than ever have to write down multiple possibilities for what roles could be

A man of principle I see

@ Rommy did you want me to lie and claim full cop there at the end of D2?

@ Rommy did you want me to lie and claim full cop there at the end of D2?

eh idk. i was already boned when you claimed 1-shot right after i claimed full cop. was just trying to instill doubt of my claim in mafia heads so i might not get hit n2

Back