• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

C9++ Mafia - Mafia Wins

eh idk. i was already boned when you claimed 1-shot right after i claimed full cop. was just trying to instill doubt of my claim in mafia heads so i might not get hit n2

So should I have just kept my claim to myself? I feel like you were dying regardless so I was just trying to get info our there so we could make a good lynch

So should I have just kept my claim to myself? I feel like you were dying regardless so I was just trying to get info our there so we could make a good lynch

No you played perfectly. I screwed up

the problem with that is i solemnly refuse to understand the potential game states of c9

i'd rather be quickly trapped in a lie than ever have to write down multiple possibilities for what roles could be

Several people say things like this, I question why you would play this format then?

Muchos gracias to all for the fun week. Made this whole quarantine thing a little more enjoyable. Now I'm gonna go drink.

In hindsight maybe I should have also claimed full cop and drawn the hit away from rommy. But I was a vanilla civ at the point I claimed so I saw no reason not to claim something.

Generally the play in C9++ is to reveal your investigation but not whether it was one-off

Several people say things like this, I question why you would play this format then?

because other ppl will figure it out for me and it's just for fun anyway

so long as i'm not actively dragging down other players i don't see a problem with it

because other ppl will figure it out for me and it's just for fun anyway

so long as i'm not actively dragging down other players i don't see a problem with it

First game of the week I might look at that stuff. If I'm maf or special more likely to. 3rd? Fuck no. That's what nerds like gooner are for

If majos are allowed, that guarantees gouda is mafia, or else he would have been stacked on to win the game.

I'm rereading the last day because I am a masochist, but in retrospect, if civs had any chance at all, this post should have been it.

It’s the best thing about C9 - trying to figure the game state out.

It’s why I like being town but hate mafia. I like figuring things out.

***gouda***

Just practicing for Sunday night/Monday morning. WTF was that dude?

***gouda***

Just practicing for Sunday night/Monday morning. WTF was that dude?

Sometimes I just have to go full retard. Better to get it out of my system on a late week game

Like getting AA'd 30 minutes after night is called

I would not have been down with killing the IC, except the problem is the WFU -> gooner permavote. I dont think it was bad, but maybe not optimal?

Maybe not optimal, but as maf in C9, you have to make sure there are always enough chairs when the music stops. If we kill Townie there (which I should have seen through the mason claim), I still die and we wake up the next day at 8-2. Just for the sake of argument, let's assume rommy and D14 still come out with their investigations and they don't change. At 8-2, maf needs 3 mislynches to win and the civs would have WFU/rommy/D14/toogs/tim all cleared. That leaves a pool of gouda/GAT/mako/Da/dv7 left as potential lynch candidates. Maf would have to throw a damn near perfect game at that point to just have a shot at winning. That's why I thought killing WFU N1 was so important, so that if/when a D2 mass claim comes through, there is one less cleared civ and one more potential lynch candidate.

Sometimes I just have to go full retard. Better to get it out of my system on a late week game

giphy.gif

Maybe not optimal, but as maf in C9, you have to make sure there are always enough chairs when the music stops. If we kill Townie there (which I should have seen through the mason claim), I still die and we wake up the next day at 8-2. Just for the sake of argument, let's assume rommy and D14 still come out with their investigations and they don't change. At 8-2, maf needs 3 mislynches to win and the civs would have WFU/rommy/D14/toogs/tim all cleared. That leaves a pool of gouda/GAT/mako/Da/dv7 left as potential lynch candidates. Maf would have to throw a damn near perfect game at that point to just have a shot at winning. That's why I thought killing WFU N1 was so important, so that if/when a D2 mass claim comes through, there is one less cleared civ and one more potential lynch candidate.

And this also ties into why tic's (not serious because he was maf) argument about killing the claimers over the claimed investigations is a poor strategy for civs in C9. Unless there is a no SK game and a vanilla civ gets lynched D1 and hit N1, the setup starts to come together pretty quickly starting D2 after claims come through. Eventually mafia has to hit claimers because they will run out of chairs. So killing a claim to test its veracity just doesn't make sense because the math always outs fake claims.

At least mine was a mistake and I apologized. Your play was intentional. Why play if you are going to do that?

First game of the week I might look at that stuff. If I'm maf or special more likely to. 3rd? Fuck no. That's what nerds like gooner are for

so just dont play c9++

Back