• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cameron Hildreth Credibility Watch

I see a 17/6/6 type stat line for Cam this year, to go along with leading the team in charges taken.

Or idk. Maybe 6 assists will be hard to average given out depth at guard, but 6 rebounds is almost a guarantee for a guy like him. Maybe he's closer to 3.5 - 4 assists

In addition to getting downhill pretty easily (and seemingly a step faster/more physical than he was the last couple years) this dude is a DOG just junking it up and getting boards, putbacks, GRITTING it out for garbage points. Nasty stuff. Absolute STUD

Oddly, it's been four years since anybody has averaged 20+ PPG in the ACC. Barrett and Zion both did it for Duke.

Duncan was the last Wake player to do it (96-97).

How many assists has the league leader averaged the last few seasons? It seems like it has been a while since we have seen a high volume assist getter in the league...

My curiosity led me to look it up... Kihei Clark is the only player to finish his career since 2010 to be in the top 25 of career assists in the ACC. Of course career records are a thing of the past since no great players stay very long...
So I looked at single season records...
Of the last 53 highest single season assist totals, only 7 occurred in 2010 or later. 2 by Kendall Marshall (UNC), 2 by Lorenzo Brown (NCSU), 1 by Jerian Grant (ND), 1 by Larry Drew (UNC), 1 by Tyus Jones (Duke). Over 30 of them were before 2000.
BTW, Muggsy is our only entrant on the list and he has two of the top 20.

Since 2000, the league leader has averaged over 7 assists per game only 6 times, and over 7.5 only twice - Steve Blake (MD) with 7.94 in 2001-2002 and Kendall Marshall's (UNC) outlier season of 9.75 in 2011-2012.

it's hard to avg 20+ per game in college
Yeah I'll reel in my initial optimism after a bit of research, but I do think he can get close. Alondes got to 18.5, but really trailed off at the end.

Given Cam's style of play I think he may be more susceptible to running out of steam later in the year as well. Although since it's not as 3 point reliant, his scoring should be more consistent at least.

Alondes led the league in assists.

Oddly, it's been four years since anybody has averaged 20+ PPG in the ACC. Barrett and Zion both did it for Duke.

Duncan was the last Wake player to do it (96-97).
I see Cam around 16-17 ppg. That's still a lot. I doubt he'll get the volume to score 20+ after Monsanto comes back and that's fine.

Ppg projections because projections are fun

Cam - 17
Sallis - 13
Monsanto - 12
Carr - 13
BOOPIE - 10
Parker - 6
Marsh - 4
MMM - 3
Canka - 2

Leaving off Ituka, Keller, Reid and Clark.

If Reid gets a waiver, I'm confident those projections would change significantly.

That looks pretty good to me.

Does anyone want to guess the last time a Wake team had 5 scorers in double-digits?

Alondes led the league in assists.

I see Cam around 16-17 ppg. That's still a lot. I doubt he'll get the volume to score 20+ after Monsanto comes back and that's fine.
Alondes tied for the league lead in assists at just over 5/game.
Appleby led the league at a little over 6/game.

That looks pretty good to me.

Does anyone want to guess the last time a Wake team had 5 scorers in double-digits?
2003/2004?

Gray Paul Downey Levy Big E

That would be my starting guess. We may have done it the year after though, but I think Levy fell off.

2003/2004?

Gray Paul Downey Levy Big E

That would be my starting guess. We may have done it the year after though, but I think Levy fell off.
Correct. JGray led with 17 ppg. Levy averaged 7.6 the next season.

Back