• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can Sam Hartman win a Heisman at Wake?

Can Sam Hartman win a Heisman at Wake?

• Total voters
No - and here is the reason why - Dortch and Surratt will end up stealing some of his votes. The three of them will end up splitting the Mid-Atlantic vote.

No - and here is the reason why - Dortch and Surratt will end up stealing some of his votes. The three of them will end up splitting the Mid-Atlantic vote.

At least they could all go to the Downtown Athletic Club together and watch some overrated SEC player win it.

At least they could all go to the Downtown Athletic Club together and watch some overrated SEC player win it.

TheReff will be along shortly to chastise you for this remark

So much this and Beal too!

Oh sure, he could win the Heisman, and then he will be a top 10 first rounder and as he hugs Goodell on stage a light will cast upon him and he will be raptured as he is the second coming of the Messiah, and Goodell will descend into hell in a geyser of fire and spend eternity being sodomized by demons with CTE.

Very plausible.

I took the third option originally, since I'm not sure what the question really means. Is it possible for a football player at Wake to win the Heisman? Sure. Will Hartman win the Heisman? No.

This one is answered. I think we need an updated pole. Can should be replaced by will.

Ugh.

He would have to have unreal numbers to get an Heisman from Wake unless Wake is a national championship contender.
This is much more possible than I could have imagined four years ago.

Also, what Heisman winning quarterback gets marginalized so the team can run the Wildcat at the goal line ?

It would not be impossible to get invited to New York. Hawaii’s Colt Brennan got an invite after putting up video game numbers.

He blew it by missing that VMI game.
Eh, I can see that being part of his story and improves his chances. A narrative that he came back from a life threatening medical situation then led Wake to a huge season is the type of story people latch onto. Still Wake likely has to go undefeated to have a chance which has a low probability of happening

Hartman is 3rd in QBR and 17th in passing YPG. He’s even 42nd in TDs after only one game. He’ll be fine.

This is ironic given Kirk's anti-wake bias. Sam as his #1 player of the week.

This is ironic given Kirk's anti-wake bias. Sam as his #1 player of the week.

I really hate that asshole and I am usually a rather agreeable, go-with-the-flow person. But after his comments last year, I can't stand to see him on TV.

Has any player won the Heisman when not playing every game?

Back