• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can the ACC become a quality Power 5 league?

You guys are literally the only people in the world who care about this issue. The level of delusion it takes to legally trademark the word "the" is incomprehensible.

It’s incredibly stupid

I just want to congratulate NC State and Va Tech for leaning into the motto of “Bring Your A-Game” tonight.

Makes you wonder why we don’t have more incredibly interesting content on ACC Network.

So, is NCSU officially out of the CFP discussion tonight?

How did an NC State AD wind up as Chair of the CFP after the stupidity Lee Fowler exhibited as Chair of the NCAAT Committee ?

it is interesting that some schools are well known by their initials -- USC (the real one out West), TCU, UNC, UGA, but others like, say, WFU aren't. Like most mentions in sports media for Texas Christian or the University of Southern CA will be TCU/USC. That's not necessarily the case for UNC or UGA, for example (and there are endless debates on the real UT), but USC and TCU come to mind.
W is a three syllable letter-it's easier to just say Wake Forest. Probably same reason that Washington State is Wazzu and not WSU. If the W is last, you can shorten it like U-dub does.

W is a three syllable letter-it's easier to just say Wake Forest. Probably same reason that Washington State is Wazzu and not WSU. If the W is last, you can shorten it like U-dub does.
Yeah and a lot of people, fans or not, will just say Wake.

I worked at 88.5 FM WFDD in college, and we were taught to be sure to say “double-you” instead of “dubya.” So if WFU is pronounced correctly it is a mouthful. And this was before G Dubya Bush was on the scene.

We were also told to be sure we distinguished ourselves as “WFDD”and not “WFTD,” which is easy to say but sounds like a flower company.

I don't think it's ever occurred to me to say "dubya-eff-u."

It takes as much effort to say "WFU" as it does to say "Wake Forest," so yeah "Wake" is just fine.

Missouri never went MU in Big 8 fashion like NU, OU, KU, and CU did. They just have Mizzou.

George Washington is GW.

Sorry, you were just pwn3d !

Why is "W" pronounced "double you" anyway? It's clearly a "double vee"...

I worked at 88.5 FM WFDD in college, and we were taught to be sure to say “double-you” instead of “dubya.” So if WFU is pronounced correctly it is a mouthful. And this was before G Dubya Bush was on the scene.

We were also told to be sure we distinguished ourselves as “WFDD”and not “WFTD,” which is easy to say but sounds like a flower company.
This is cool and all, but how did you guys handle radio presents?

Back