• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can the ACC become a quality Power 5 league?

For some reason, this image comes to mind when reading this thread.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Because he was a shitty teacher at SC and couldn’t get a decent job outside the world if teaching— like in sales
If your standard for a good job is an astronaut salesman most people are going to fall short of your expectations.

Imagine having a value system that believes slinging insurance products is more valuable to society than teaching.

If I need insurance for something I just go get insurance, I don’t need some sloppy dumb fuck from Winston-Salem to try to upsell some shitty product. Congratulations you made a real difference in the world, Patrick Mahomes thanks you for the money he doesn’t need.

to an insurance salesman, the whole-life policy is the hammer that will whack any nail, no matter how tangentially related

Lol I remember yelling at bkf about whole life. I wonder if the reff sells it too.

just coming over to the sports board to once again say that i honestly can't believe anyone would buy insurance from thereff. The guy is a grade A charlatan

I have had SF ever since I've been buying insurance and I have never once met my agent, don't get the point. I signed up with one in my neighborhood in DC, only dealt with office staff. then when I moved to NC I found one near me, called up the office and done.

uh, you should check out other carriers, bro. SF isn't particularly inexpensive

All of the following can be true:

You can obtain an excellent education at most any major university;
When all factors are considered, public universities are often a better choice for many/most students;
Wake Forest is objectively a far "better" (however defined, academically) school than S.Car.;
The ACC is objectively a far "better" conference, top to bottom, than the SEC, when it comes to academics;
It is ridiculous to come onto a Wake Forest sports board and talk crap about Wake Forest, as a school;
It is ridiculous to come onto a Wake board and talk crap about how great S.Car. is, as a school;
It is ridiculous to come onto a Wake board and talk crap about how great the SEC is - especially as a S.Car. fan.

Bingo. That was the one and only "LittleReff".
which leads me to wonder if he picked that handle himself or his dad did. dad used to post about his son referring to him as LilReff before he ever posted, then when he came on that was his poster name.

All of the following can be true:

You can obtain an excellent education at most any major university;
When all factors are considered, public universities are often a better choice for many/most students;
Wake Forest is objectively a far "better" (however defined, academically) school than S.Car.;
The ACC is objectively a far "better" conference, top to bottom, than the SEC, when it comes to academics;
It is ridiculous to come onto a Wake Forest sports board and talk crap about Wake Forest, as a school;
It is ridiculous to come onto a Wake board and talk crap about how great S.Car. is, as a school;
It is ridiculous to come onto a Wake board and talk crap about how great the SEC is - especially as a S.Car. fan.
Also, it is ridiculous to refer to the University of South Carolina as S.Car.

Back