• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can the ACC become a quality Power 5 league?

So Disney had about 15 million eyeballs on that list alone. Not counting all their other games on ESPN, ESPNU, ESPN2, Extra, +, and conference networks. It would be cool to see what the grand total was.

South Carolina blows again. Sorry, but fans of crappy teams (like the Reff) can't hide behind a strained "Well, our conference is good argument."

Lots of Power V teams are terrible: Miami sucks. UNC sucks. BC sucks. S. Carolina sucks. Auburn sucks. Mizzou sucks. Vandy sucks. Northwestern sucks. Nebraska sucks. Iowa sucks. Rutgers sucks. Wisconsin sucks. Colorado sucks. Arizona State sucks. Stanford sucks.

You know who doesn't suck? WF football. Not WF's fault that other BCS programs made crappy hires. We have an elite coach, and can beat anyone in the country on any given Saturday, except for the same 3 teams that no one else can beat either.

FWIW, Reff is two-faced. When UNC hired Mack for the second time, he ignorantly declared that they would rise to prominence. How is that call looking? Reff conveniently hopes the Board forgets that brilliant projection by crapping on the ACC as a South Carolina fan. Nice try.

So Disney had about 15 million eyeballs on that list alone. Not counting all their other games on ESPN, ESPNU, ESPN2, Extra, +, and conference networks. It would be cool to see what the grand total was.

About 2 million less than it would have been without Notre Dame playing on ABC this past weekend.

South Carolina blows again. Sorry, but fans of crappy teams (like the Reff) can't hide behind a strained "Well, our conference is good argument."

Lots of Power V teams are terrible: Miami sucks. UNC sucks. BC sucks. S. Carolina sucks. Auburn sucks. Mizzou sucks. Vandy sucks. Northwestern sucks. Nebraska sucks. Iowa sucks. Rutgers sucks. Wisconsin sucks. Colorado sucks. Arizona State sucks. Stanford sucks.

You know who doesn't suck? WF football. Not WF's fault that other BCS programs made crappy hires. We have an elite coach, and can beat anyone in the country on any given Saturday, except for the same 3 teams that no one else can beat either.

FWIW, Reff is two-faced. When UNC hired Mack for the second time, he ignorantly declared that they would rise to prominence. How is that call looking? Reff conveniently hopes the Board forgets that brilliant projection by crapping on the ACC as a South Carolina fan. Nice try.

Reff may not have a triple digit IQ. Cut him some slack

I don’t know why Miami has to be good for us to be a “quality power 5 league.” Plenty of deadweight in every league. That said, hoping Miami turns it around for Josh’s sake. I’m sure no one here is rooting against one of our own on days when they’re not playing the Deacs.

I don’t know why Miami has to be good for us to be a “quality power 5 league.” Plenty of deadweight in every league. That said, hoping Miami turns it around for Josh’s sake. I’m sure no one here is rooting against one of our own on days when they’re not playing the Deacs.

They don’t. But for some reason the media forces the narrative that if Miami, FSU, VT, and even UNC aren’t good, then the ACC is “down”. They dismiss Wake, PITT, NCSU and any other teams with the rationalization that they are only good because they others aren’t.

Josh Gattis has received a lot of criticism the past few years and a lot of it has been deserved. And on the rare occasion I'm watching a Miami game, the only teams I'll pull for them against are UNC-CH, Duke, Florida, and Ga Tech. Such a gross program.

They don’t. But for some reason the media forces the narrative that if Miami, FSU, VT, and even UNC aren’t good, then the ACC is “down”. They dismiss Wake, PITT, NCSU and any other teams with the rationalization that they are only good because they others aren’t.

I assume it’s because those are brand names and those teams have larger national reputations/fan bases to activate when their teams are good, whereas no one outside of the Piedmont even notices Wake Forest football, good or bad.

They would if we beat Clemson.
No they wouldnt. If Wake had beaten Clemson it would have been yet again the ACC sucks, and Clemson has returned to the mean. The ACC office just cannot get their shit together fighting this off via marketing this constant drum beat. Too polite.

Clemson has the longest active winning streak in college football and the narrative is still they’re down.

Back