• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can the ACC become a quality Power 5 league?

Clemson has the longest active winning streak in college football and the narrative is still they’re down.
Yep. Along with “the only reason they have that streak is because the ACC sucks.”

Josh Gattis has received a lot of criticism the past few years and a lot of it has been deserved. And on the rare occasion I'm watching a Miami game, the only teams I'll pull for them against are UNC-CH, Duke, Florida, and Ga Tech. Such a gross program.
Sure- why not throw a key ambassador for the program who was on arguably its best team of all time under the bus? I find that gross.

Oh, so Wake grads are beyond reproach. Got it. The last three jobs he left were messy departures. Although, he created his own messy departure at Alabama by basically lying at Nick Saban yelling about him for leaving, a characterization which he later recanted. I fail to see how he is any sort of ambassador for the program in anything other than name. Is Dabo Swinney a key ambassador for Alabama ?

I don’t know why Miami has to be good for us to be a “quality power 5 league.” Plenty of deadweight in every league. That said, hoping Miami turns it around for Josh’s sake. I’m sure no one here is rooting against one of our own on days when they’re not playing the Deacs.
I’ve hated Miami for almost as many years as Josh Gattis has been alive. I have a framed print of the W-SJ sports page with him squeezing an orange into his mouth after the ACC championship game and don’t wish him any ill will personally, but I want Miami to lose every game they play.

I’ve hated Miami for almost as many years as Josh Gattis has been alive. I have a framed print of the W-SJ sports page with him squeezing an orange into his mouth after the ACC championship game and don’t wish him any ill will personally, but I want Miami to lose every game they play.
I think that’s totally different than people saying he deserves criticism, etc. I don’t get bashing our own. We’re a small crew. It always makes me sad to see people trashing the guys who they rooted for every Saturday for years. I feel the same about hating CP because he didn’t graduate, hating Josh Howard because his grammar wasn’t perfect in an article, hating Taron for making a gesture. Let’s just circle the wagons on our own guys. They put their bodies literally on the line for us.

I think that’s totally different than people saying he deserves criticism, etc. I don’t get bashing our own. We’re a small crew. It always makes me sad to see people trashing the guys who they rooted for every Saturday for years. I feel the same about hating CP because he didn’t graduate, hating Josh Howard because his grammar wasn’t perfect in an article, hating Taron for making a gesture. Let’s just circle the wagons on our own guys. They put their bodies literally on the line for us.

???

I don’t know of any Wake fan who hates those guys, for those reasons or any other. And I don’t think criticizing Gattis means you hate him either.

???

I don’t know of any Wake fan who hates those guys, for those reasons or any other. And I don’t think criticizing Gattis means you hate him either.
I don’t understand why we’d be saying things like Josh deserves criticism here. He’s one of us! I say that fully acknowledging he is a long time friend, but I’ve seen plenty of critical comments about CP and Josh Howard on here as well for example. I just think some loyalty to our guys is important.

South Carolina is 0-2 in the SEC this year (again) and has never really been competitive in the league. They lost to Georgia 48-7 this year. They lost to Arkansas by two touchdowns, but it was never particularly close. Should the SEC kick them out? Discuss.
Except for the fact they beat the shit out of North Carolina in the Mayo Bowl (again SEC over ACC) last season

Don’t forget that our pitiful non-con record now includes a showing of something like 0-25 vs Notre Dame since we started including them in our regular season games. You would think that somebody would have beat them by now in the regular season! (But at least Clemson did dispatch them in the CFP!)

Except for the fact they beat the shit out of North Carolina in the Mayo Bowl (again SEC over ACC) last season
Every time uNC left Kenan last year they got beat. You aren't proving anything. South Carolina sucks. They would suck in the ACC, they would suck in the BIG, they would suck in the Big 12, they DO suck in the SEC.

South Carolina Football is a paper tiger. Their entire reputation is based on an impressive home field atmosphere, otherwise their actual football team is consistently mediocre no matter who the coaches or players are.

their entire reputation is built on being a large state school with a bunch of bandwagon redneck idiot fans, some of whom sell insurance. calling them a paper tiger is an insult to origami cats of all sizes

South Carolina is the ultimate little brother school, but the catch is they think they have much cooler friends. But those friends don't give a shit about them.
That is perfect.

South Carolina is the ultimate little brother school, but the catch is they think they have much cooler friends. But those friends don't give a shit about them.

reminds me of this post:

The best part about the Reff getting shit on e-style vs. real life, is that I was at a baseball game once sitting close to him and keeper and once Reff left (or got up) all keeper did was shit on him behind his back.

So I'm not sure if that automagically makes Reff cooler in real life because clearly keeper doesn't really respect him (I didn't get the sense anyone did in that party of fans, though) and that might be a plus considering it's keeper; or if that just makes him that much more lame because keeper, of all people, was shitting on him.

What ever happened to keeper? Is he still alive? He was quite the troll.

I thought about that too, but I would have had no idea how to find it.

South Carolina is the other Carolina, the other USC, and the only thing they can brag about is how they used to date their cooler friend's ex-wife.

Now do Clemson vs UofSC since you’re so into ACC/SEC match-ups!
Clemson is ALL the ACC has. Meanwhile the SEC has won 14 of the last 24 national titles and twice recently gotten two teams in CFP. Also won 12 of last 16 titles by 5 different schools.

Or maybe you want to look at the past two season’s ACC bowl records of 2-4 and 0-6.

Back